10+ Year Old Account

Can't level any further in my GC

Like the title says, I reached the rank of second storm lieutenant (first in the third group of ranks) and can't seem to find a way to rank up any further.
    Anyone know if those last two (first lieutenant & captain) are currently available?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, currently capped at 2nd Lt.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Like the title says, I reached the rank of second storm lieutenant (first in the third group of ranks) and can't seem to find a way to rank up any further.
    Anyone know if those last two (first lieutenant & captain) are currently available?
    Since your post was answered,

For any future readers following this thread its best to leave the last hunting log unfinished till they expand the ranks. otherwise you will probably cap out and have to waste points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Nope, currently capped at 2nd Lt.
    Darn :/ Was hoping that wasn't the case.
    Is there any word of when those last two ranks will become available? I know there is a big patch inc pretty soon, but I couldn't find anything mentioning it.

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with buying a storm hatching to make some room for some new seals. :3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Darn :/ Was hoping that wasn't the case.
    Is there any word of when those last two ranks will become available? I know there is a big patch inc pretty soon, but I couldn't find anything mentioning it.

In the meantime I'll just have to make do with buying a storm hatching to make some room for some new seals. :3
    Haven't said anything about expanding it with the patch, mainly because in the grand scheme of things they have said extremely little of what will actually be in the patch. Best thing to do would honestly make use of the crafting/gathering books(they last longer than they seem until later levels) and have a minimum you want to stay around if they do add more in the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Since your post was answered,

For any future readers following this thread its best to leave the last hunting log unfinished till they expand the ranks. otherwise you will probably cap out and have to waste points.
    Wouldn't you want to have it complete so that when it does become available, you can can apply for a promotion right away (barring the possibility of them assigning you another "trial" first)?

If you do cap, you can always just buy gear for any other classes you may be leveling or the three sets of gear for your chocobo (gets you the title cavalier).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Haven't said anything about expanding it with the patch, mainly because in the grand scheme of things they have said extremely little of what will actually be in the patch. Best thing to do would honestly make use of the crafting/gathering books(they last longer than they seem until later levels) and have a minimum you want to stay around if they do add more in the patch.
    This is actually a pretty solid idea and something I think I will start investing my seals into, thanks for the advice.

Wouldn't you want to have it complete so that when it does become available, you can can apply for a promotion right away (barring the possibility of them assigning you another "trial" first)?

If you do cap, you can always just buy gear for any other classes you may be leveling or the three sets of gear for your chocobo (gets you the title cavalier).
    You can also pick up scrolls that increase gathering and crafting XP gains by 50% And are very much worth picking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how anyone can cap seeing as how there are so many things to spend seals on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I don't see how anyone can cap seeing as how there are so many things to spend seals on.
    Most of the gear(unless you're going after achievements) is easily replaced after a few dungeons, a lot of people don't work on gathering/crafting yet so they probably don't bother with the books.

The primary way to spend these at max level is just through the books and if you decide to level another class you'll be doing so many fates you won't know what to do with all the extra seals you get. I had 15k once I hit max and that was after getting all the bardings and promotions, between ak gear turn ins and alt class fate leveling things just add up really fast with nothing worth mentioning getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when would you suggest is the optimal time to start using the gathering books? I just picked up mining and wasn't sure if I should start off by using one of those books right off the bat or if theres a specific level where the buff really shines.

Just for the sake of RP, really hoping that very last greyed out tier is the rank Admiral (for the Maelstrom at least). :3
    Last edited by Boreaz; 2013-10-07 at 06:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Most of the gear(unless you're going after achievements) is easily replaced after a few dungeons, a lot of people don't work on gathering/crafting yet so they probably don't bother with the books.
    Most of the GC gear is BiS until the next set of GC gear, and not including lvl50. The set bonuses make them uber. This has held true for my Dragoon, Warrior, Miner, and Goldsmith.