Heroic Malkorok and Colussus smash

The adds come out around every 20secs they were lining up with my CS. I tried delaying CS till after the adds that way I can use CS before the adds come in. Then aoe adds. Then switch back. But after a while it starts to unsync. I ended up doing around 276k, felt it should of been 300k+. But the adds wrecks havoc with CS. On the final attempt I just said screw it and get my 6secs of CS in then work on adds otherwise I'll lose singletarget damage on boss.

So which way is best? try to sync CS around adds or just get your CS in then worry about adds after?
    Last edited by galvin; 2013-10-05 at 12:40 AM.

Deleted
    dont dps the adds at all - use Bladestorm if u want to pad the meters, but aoeing adds should not be your job playing fury - there are better classes/specs for this i.e.: arms // dks // combat rogues

I just did AoE when CS was off but most of the time the adds died fast enough.

I don't see a point in attacking the adds to pad the meters. The adds are not an issue even if they stay up as long as they are kept in melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo View Post
    dont dps the adds at all - use Bladestorm if u want to pad the meters, but aoeing adds should not be your job playing fury - there are better classes/specs for this i.e.: arms // dks // combat rogues
    This isn't true. The ads need to die, and you lose virtually 0 single target DPS as TG. Padding = DPS'ing a non-priority target in order to inflate your DPS. Since the ads need to die asap, this isn't padding.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    This isn't true. The ads need to die, and you lose virtually 0 single target DPS as TG. Padding = DPS'ing a non-priority target in order to inflate your DPS. Since the ads need to die asap, this isn't padding.
    I agree with this.

If anything it's melees job to kill adds, since ranged attacking them wrecks havoc with the raid if the adds get pulled out.
    Bladestorm every other set (w CDR), the set that you can't BS, get a couple stacks of meat cleaver, dep on how fast they die. You lose no real ST damage, whereas Paladins, Assa Rogues both take large ST dps hits. Only frost DKs really passively cleave them.
    You should have any combat rogues or arms wars, simply too large a ST loss.

As for CS, I am not sure. I had enough time to finish CS phase enforce adds got in. Only a few times did the end of CS clip with adds, and then I simply replaced my last RB with starting BS early.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If anything it's melees job to kill adds, since ranged attacking them wrecks havoc with the raid if the adds get pulled out.
    Bladestorm every other set (w CDR), the set that you can't BS, get a couple stacks of meat cleaver, dep on how fast they die. You lose no real ST damage, whereas Paladins, Assa Rogues both take large ST dps hits. Only frost DKs really passively cleave them.
    You should have any combat rogues or arms wars, simply too large a ST loss.

As for CS, I am not sure. I had enough time to finish CS phase enforce adds got in. Only a few times did the end of CS clip with adds, and then I simply replaced my last RB with starting BS early.
    Between vengeance on tanks (who will destroy the adds), dots, and all the other random aoe is bladestorm really needed? It's honestly just padding, imo. I don't see how range will pull off tanks either. They only have 4 million health each too. If for some odd reason you can't kill the adds before the next wave of adds, it doesn't do anything. The arcing smashes take forever to cast that anyone can move out of them even with the slow, and melee only usually have to soak one or two puddles and there's ways to remove the slow.

Malkorok is a pretty tight DPS race (maybe everyone is geared enough now) so I don't see why you would want to pad on the adds on progression.

Not saying TG shouldn't meat cleaver/RB adds, but I just think bladestorm is kind of overkill on them.
    Last edited by Angelicat; 2013-10-07 at 04:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bladestorm is a very negligible single target DPS loss anyways (TG, not SMF). Why would you not take the most efficient AOE in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Bladestorm is a very negligible single target DPS loss anyways (TG, not SMF). Why would you not take the most efficient AOE in the game?
    Just seems odd to me that you would put damage into something not needed on a pretty tough heroic boss during progression where the enrage is a real issue.

Seems like I'm the only one that thinks that though so I guess I will stop playing devil's advocate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    Just seems odd to me that you would put damage into something not needed on a pretty tough heroic boss during progression where the enrage is a real issue.

Seems like I'm the only one that thinks that though so I guess I will stop playing devil's advocate here.
    It's fine to do so. We had a very similar conversation with Brak about it. Couple of things than stand out though.

1) tanks won't have threat on the adds, even if they can be be bothered to taunt them they won't be the main source presage or able to hold threat over the dps punishing them.
    2) nobody should be dotting them. That is incredibly wasted dps.
    3) Bladestorm is hardly a dps loss for fury, like 500dps in some cases and a even be an increase in some situations.
    4) range pulling aggro is a very real issue and wiped us a few times because our ranged refused to not nuke them. Which is a serious ST loss on boss. Both our ele shams actually out dps a DK on them on our kill.
    4) Wars and DKs are perhaps the best classes, we lose no real ST on burst AoE nor do DKs. Ret and Assa take very large ST hits though.

Do you guys taunt adds? I'm taunting every single add phase

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our raid never really had issues picking up the adds, so none of our melee have been taunting. Ranged learned pretty quickly they don't want the slow on them.

Wish ours would learn that. They simultaneously nuke then and bitch about te add being on them.

Deleted
    Do the adds hit for anything on a plate DPS? We are going against Malk this coming reset, and was wondering if using a Mocking Banner if things get hectic would get me killed? Probably not because of the shield, I guess?

No your perfectly fine tanking them, the slow doesn't even hurt you with leap and you move at fullspeed with bladestorm if you have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post

Because it's not a ST loss, while its an AoE gain. It's efficient.

Unless you're one of the Scumlords. Than all damage is efficient. Even padding damage.