10+ Year Old Account

Nazgrim's Burnished Insignia or Yu'lon's Bite?

I just got the flex version of the insignia and also have a 543 version of yu'lon's bite. I generally do a lot of atonement healing so the crit proc is nice. Would the insignia be an upgrade for me? My other trinket is the one from sha.

no, you're better off with thok the bloodthristy's trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    no, you're better off with thok the bloodthristy's trinket.
    The one that contributes .1-.3% of total healing for disc priests? The one that doesn't seem to proc from atonement let alone DA or other shields?

Yulon's bite is far better than both multistrike and cleave trinket. Consider the following:

The multistrike/cleave trinkets has no actual healing scaling or coefficient of their own. They merely work off of your initial heal.
    It also will not work from Divine Aegis, and it will not be able to crit to provide divine aegis.
    This means that when your trinket cleaves or strikes, it will never actually benefit from critical strikes - which also happens to be the very stat that you are stacking the everloving shit out of.
    For disc priest, trinkets in terms of what's BiS would be:

Regen:
    Siegebreaker's spirit proc trinket.
    Horridon's last grasp.

Output:
    Prison of pride.
    Cha ye's trinket (dark animus drop).
    Possibly Purified bindings from immerseus - not sure how much value to put to the int proc from it. Either way, Cha ye's + prison are the two best bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    not sure how much value to put to the int proc from it.
    It does not proc for healing specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docta View Post
    It does not proc for healing specs.
    I think that was his point. He isn't sure how much less he would value the trinket because it doesn't proc. If it procced he'd just have put it up there with prismatic prison.

I've been using Unerring Vision of Lei Shen for awhile now. I think it works out nicely. I try and use Divine Star/Halo every time it procs for guaranteed shield blanket. I think it works out pretty well. I have been pretty happy with the trinket but totally unlucky on every other trinket I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    I think that was his point. He isn't sure how much less he would value the trinket because it doesn't proc. If it procced he'd just have put it up there with prismatic prison.
    Exactly this. A 14K int proc on a 18% uptime is an average of 2.5K int - a quite hefty amount, no doubt, but obviously diminished by the fact that it is 14K every other minute or so, instead of a constant 2.5K. I've always been of the persuasion that int procs are largely "meh" - unless they are relatively small with a huge uptime (like the spirit trinket from WOTE), they have a chance to proc at the most idiotic times. Sure, a 14K int proc on Thok heroic is sick, with all the roars going out - but what if it procs during the kite phase? It'll up DPS by a bit, but not really anything else.

That said, I am still unsure if it's worth abandoning the proc on a trinket for the amplification part of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    That said, I am still unsure if it's worth abandoning the proc on a trinket for the amplification part of it.
    If it still double-dips on atonement it was my plan to use both prison and bindings after all the casters get theirs at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If it still double-dips on atonement it was my plan to use both prison and bindings after all the casters get theirs at last.
    I'd deffo be taking one, if nothing else then for offspec, when all the casters have theirs. We've had zero drop so far, though - both bindings and prisons.