Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    That logic is just... Wow.

Hey, you can't have an abortion - even if you really want one, and can't financially nor emotionally support the child.

(Human rights? toplel)

This is an archaic and horrible approach to women's reproductive rights.

Don't want a kid? Then don't have sex. Simple as that. Stupidity isn't justification murder. No one is saying you can't choose to reproduce or not. Want one? Have sex. Don't? Then keep it out of your pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Plenty of adults are idiots as well, should we allow them the same? Certainly not.

Point being, I don't care if abortion is legal or illegal. However, I shouldn't be the one paying for it, barring rape, etc. Also, abortion isn't just a women's reproductive rights issue, it takes a man to help make the child after all. I don't think you can pick up syringes full of sperm at the pharmacy yet, but then having an abortion would be a little counter-productive in that scenario anyway.
    Out of curiosity then, you object purely on a monetary level? You'd be completely ok with it if the girl or her family or friends payed for it out of pocket?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Nayelie View Post
    Ameobas for president 2014, obviously. Since they are extremely equal to humans.

I think I have been misunderstood. While I claimed all life is precious, I do hold humans at the highest.
    You're not being misunderstood, you're being equivocated by people determined to undermine your arguments without fairly acknowledging them. Of course, almost everyone's guilty of doing that at some point.

Whoa, I am homophobic? Since when? This is news to me. Please, enlighten me about myself.

Seriously though? What the flying fuck brought that into the convo? One of my best friends is gay...
    I was hoping you'd forget your own post history.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post17848277

"Might I make a correction....as a Catholic...we do not believe homosexuality is a choice. You can be born homosexual. But that does not mean we support gay marriage. We believe in other vocations (such as a single lifestyle) and such...there are actually a good number of happy homosexual Catholics that I know that follow our "rules". Most protestant Christians will go about saying that homosexuality is a choice."

Nice spiel though, your best friend is gay but you don't want them to get married and be happy? I'd like to read the next spiel you type to explain this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    That does help the judge's ruling though. If she doesn't understand basic sex-ed, how could she say she fully understands abortions? Sure, him basically saying she should be mature enough to handle the child is a bit much... But they have adoption agencies there don't they? She's a foster-child herself aparently.
    I was mostly asking because these comments saying things like "you do the crime you pay the time" if you don't use contraception could all be nullified if the state had a full abstinence only sex education.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Did you mean to post this around here: http://news.yahoo.com/
    This sounds just like the rambling of a yahoo news goer.
    You sound like someone who reads a lot of Yahoo News to me

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Don't want a kid? Then don't have sex. Simple as that. Stupidity isn't justification murder. No one is saying you can't choose to reproduce or not. Want one? Have sex. Don't? Then keep it out of your pants.
    It's...not...murder.

It's the removal of parasitic flesh. Like removing a tumor, or a cancer. Nothing more nothing less. Calling it murder is way way overboard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    Nice spiel though, your best friend is gay but you don't want them to get married and be happy? I'd like to read the next spiel you type to explain this to me.
    NOT @ Nayelie

But i actually work with someone who is over the top religious, and has gay friends. But tells me that she tries to pray them straight all the time. I don't get it /

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Heh I rest my case. Next time I will let a KKK member with a degree write a paper on non-whites....
    You seriously dont see an conflict of interest?
    I didn't know having passions were so dishonorable

This one doesn't cite sources that well

http://fallibleblogma.com/index.php/...n-life-begins/

Author is Catholic, so I'm sure it's not creditable either

I am trying to dig and find some thing more suitable to you later I suppose. Glad that pro-lifers are likened to the KKK however

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's...not...murder.

It's the removal of parasitic flesh. Like removing a tumor, or a cancer. Nothing more nothing less. Calling it murder is way way overboard.
    Then again, if you end up aborting a fetus that would have ended up growing up and finding the cure for cancer, you bet people would get on your ass for that. Except for the drug companies, they would probably praise you like a god because they can keep the monies flowing for their cancer "drugs".
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    Plenty of adults are idiots as well, should we allow them the same? Certainly not.

Point being, I don't care if abortion is legal or illegal. However, I shouldn't be the one paying for it, barring rape, etc. Also, abortion isn't just a women's reproductive rights issue, it takes a man to help make the child after all. I don't think you can pick up syringes full of sperm at the pharmacy yet, but then having an abortion would be a little counter-productive in that scenario anyway.
    You came across the fundamental problem with abortion/rights. It takes two to tango.
    That being said the pregnancy only impact one of the genders and therefore it is up to the woman to decide no matter how unfair it may seem to be the man.
    Turn it around, would you accept someone telling you what to do with your body?

On the matter of paying for it. I respect your view of it but lets not pretend it has any relevance to the taxes you pay other than 0,001% or something like that, especially not if you are living in the US.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Appeals to emotion will get you nowhere.
    I don't necessarily agree with the outright grab for gore and emotion, yet I find it aggravating when people sit here and sugar coat the concept the other direction as well. Killing is killing. If you can say you want to kill your baby then that sounds like an informed decision to me. Not sure I should have to help you pay for that, but still sounds like an informed decision if you can call it what it is without the PC coating.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Then again, if you end up aborting a fetus that would have ended up growing up and finding the cure for cancer, you bet people would get on your ass for that. Except for the drug companies, they would probably praise you like a god because they can keep the monies flowing for their cancer "drugs".

or the fetus goes to stem cell research and actually finds cures for multiple diseases lol =p
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    I don't necessarily agree with the outright grab for gore and emotion, yet I find it aggravating when people sit here and sugar coat the concept the other direction as well. Killing is killing. If you can say you want to kill your baby then that sounds like an informed decision to me. Not sure I should have to help you pay for that, but still sounds like an informed decision if you can call it what it is without the PC coating.
    I find it horrendous the bulk of abortions in the U.S are surgical, and not medical in nature.

In Europe the vast vast vast majority are carried out medically, not surgically...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No idea but it probably varies from school to school.

<---Got no Sexual education or little to none :-P

Yea me either, luckily I have never had an interest in sex my entire life, so I was never at risk of screwing up. The sex ed at my school was a 3 day "lesson" where we watched 3 videos while the teacher just left the room, aka no one paid attention at all.

15+ Year Old Account

I am trying to dig and find some thing more suitable to you later I suppose. Glad that pro-lifers are likened to the KKK however
    Stop being silly.
    You started out posting 'scientific' proof backing up your opinion with posting a source which premiss was to be biased according to the author's beliefs.

I'm sorry. I dont consider that scientifically sane even though you might do.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It is killing, I won't disagree something will die. But it is not murder.

We don't call murder when we kill a tapeworm, we shouldn't call it murder when we kill this either.

You sound like someone who reads a lot of Yahoo News to me
    It is an addiction I have and I am not proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    I was hoping you'd forget your own post history.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post17848277

"Might I make a correction....as a Catholic...we do not believe homosexuality is a choice. You can be born homosexual. But that does not mean we support gay marriage. We believe in other vocations (such as a single lifestyle) and such...there are actually a good number of happy homosexual Catholics that I know that follow our "rules". Most protestant Christians will go about saying that homosexuality is a choice."

I believe in the traditional man + woman = procreation, yes. I wasn't aware that this thread was jumping topics however. And I was also not aware that marriage was the only way for someone to be happy. This does not sound like a fun debate at all, since you are already misunderstanding me.

NOT @ Nayelie

But i actually work with someone who is over the top religious, and has gay friends. But tells me that she tries to pray them straight all the time. I don't get it /
    O_o that sounds like a weird prayer....I wouldn't dream of praying that. My friend is perfectly fine being gay. But I don't encourage him to pursue it. But if he does, I always still care for him.

10+ Year Old Account

Dig all you want, there is no generally accepted consensus on when life begins. It could be conception according to some groups, it could be when the first kick is felt according to some groups, it could be at the point of viability to some groups, it could be when it takes it's first breath to some groups.
    You are literally going to convince NOBODY or change anyones minds on the issue, it is an issue that everyone came into with a bias, that's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    or the fetus goes to stem cell research and actually finds cures for multiple diseases lol =p
    It would probably cause a disease, i.e. a zombie outbreak.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II