Poll: Which race deserves most love in EXP 5?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Draenei, they havnt been mentioned at all since TBC.

I'm going to say Worgen mostly because their story flat out ends when they leave the starting zone. If you play horde, you can get a little bit more of their story. They really felt tacked on to me like.... well we're giving horde this race that really makes sense, completely fuels our war efforts, and has a real believable place in the horde.... The worgen were cool but they really haven't pushed any of the story since they stepped off their little boat to Darnassus. Not to say they are my favorite race or anything but they really don't feel developed as well as other races are at this point.... Every horde race is represented in the Siege of Orgrimmar Ending Cinematic , but Worgen, Draenei, and Gnomes are as usual not included.

Have gnomes ever had any spotlight time, barring the whole Operation: Gnomeragan thing?

Dwarves are also deserving of some attention.

But who are we kidding.. this is Blizzard. Prepare yourselves for a troll raid. Or 2.

Deleted
    lets have some positive orc lore going on agian, been depressing enough too get only negative lore.
    while there were quite some orcs on the rebelion side also.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Have gnomes ever had any spotlight time, barring the whole Operation: Gnomeragan thing?

But who are we kidding.. this is Blizzard. Prepare yourselves for a troll raid. Or 2.
    Well I think part of that stems from the fact that there isn't really any other Gnomes besides the playable faction. There's the small subset in Gnomeragan but that's about it. The trolls meanwhile have all the factions outside of the Horde: Zandalari, Drakkari, Armani, Gurabashi, etc, etc. The Darkspear are only a small fraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow look at that Draenei plurality!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Gnomes, gnomes, and gnomes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haakkon View Post
    Well I think part of that stems from the fact that there isn't really any other Gnomes besides the playable faction. There's the small subset in Gnomeragan but that's about it. The trolls meanwhile have all the factions outside of the Horde: Zandalari, Drakkari, Armani, Gurabashi, etc, etc. The Darkspear are only a small fraction.
    to be honest, Azeroth is the Troll planet. They are the first, oldest and most widespread major sentient race,
    most other races were introduced (titanic races like humans/gnomes/dwarves) or evolved from trolls (elves, satyrs, harpies, naga) or came from offworld (orcs, draenei, ogres)

(not saying that is a good or bad thing, but if we could say Earth was the Human homeworld in real life, we'd have to say Azeroth is the Troll homeworld.)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

As said in the second post in this thread, all Alliance races except for humans. I'm sure that if all the Draenei, Worgen, Gnome, Dwarf, and Nelves NPCs vanished, most max leveld characters probably wouldn't notice for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakkon View Post
    What about mechagnomes and sandgnomes!

you know what, never mind. While I know sandgnomes are a joke and should stay that way, some people are not so reasonable. forget I said anything about it.

I did put gnomes down for some lore work. They were tacked on for a fourth race in original WoW and were never fully integrated into the story. Aside from not getting back their capitol I don't know what they've been doing this entire time.

Dwarves and Tauren are in the same spot for me. There seemed to be some build up and like something was going to happen and then it didn't. Dwarves were first in line to get an upgrade though, so I imagine at least their story will get some forward action. Tauren? I frankly don't think they should be allied with the horde. An explanation of why they tolerate goblins would be a start, then move onto the orcs. Honestly, they'd be best served lore wise by becoming independent of the horde.

Draenei need lore work, but that's built into legion stuff.

The other two human factions, worgen and forsaken, also need some work. If humans continue getting as much face time as they have been it should be through these two groups. There's a lot of story that could play out regarding curing the cursed humans and the resulting challenges in alliances, spycraft and identity.

If I see more troll stuff, it better be in regards to the Dark Trolls. that cataclysm concept art was awesome, and their brief allegiance with the nightelves could get the alliance another cool monster race.

Gnomes. And not the Blizzard standard which states that gnomes must be:

1. Incompetent.
    2. Evil.
    3. Both.

Also, not trolls. I'm so sick of %#$%#$ trolls every expansion. Zul'Again, Zul'Adnaseum. S'o'm'e'o'n'e at Blizzard loves two things: Trolls, and apostrophes.

A gnome dungeon might be fun. I feel like TBC was all about draenei already. You guys really want more pink and purple glowing dungeons? Mechanar et al just didn't do it for you? It would be fun to fight a dungeon of evil night elves, worgens, etc. as well.

Finally, The Forsaken - not The Scourge. Let both factions find out that yeah, as seen when you level a Worgen to 15+, Sylvannas IS in FACT planning on gassing everything and everyone to death, and let's deal with that finally.

Every single race sans humans, orcs, and trolls.

How the Huoji will deal with what has happened in the Horde.
    How the Horde as a whole deals with a new warchief as well as rebuilding.
    How the Alliance reacts to Varian's decision to demilitarize the Horde.
    Velen doing something besides raving about the end of the world and the army of Light. (Think how Lor'themar actually did things. Draenei need a little bit like that at least)
    The reclamation/cleaning of Gilneas.
    Gnomes showing their stuff and getting their city back (perhaps even curing the leper gnomes?). I LOVED what they did in Siege of Orgrimmar. They need to do more things like that.
    Magni should come back, though I wouldn't mind the Dark Iron building up their rep further with the Alliance and wind up backstabbing them instead.
    Show that the night elves have reclaimed Ashenvale (if they have? I'm not too familiar with that lore) in game and give the Horde a new place to quest in.

Tauren should do something or at the very least Baine should get a visual upgrade. Come on now Blizzard.
    Now that Gallywix actually has a bit going on (see the blank scroll story, SoO ending) I wouldn't mind seeing him doing a bit more in game.
    Sylvanas can continue doing her own thing, although I really hope they move away from the rebel teen stereotype that they seem to be forcing on her.
    Lor'themar and the blood elves can continue their current run of not being a completely useless "pretty" race. Isle of Thunder was great in that department.
    The orcs should get a tidbit just to keep their fans happy (looking at you Trassk), perhaps how they're going to deal with rebuilding their population and reputation within the Horde as well as the stress and fear of further recompense for Garrosh and his followers' actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    A gnome dungeon might be fun. I feel like TBC was all about draenei already.
    Imo TBC was about blood elves more than anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post

I think the gnomes - while they haven't had a proper spotlight - are in a pretty good place in the lore, certainly not as bad as the Draenei and Worgen. Because despite their lack of spotlight they've been pretty omnipresent throughout. They're there pretty much any time the Alliance needs any kind of gadget and had fairly decent bits of lore in Vanilla (Gnomeregan), WOTLK (Mechagnomes) and Cata (Gnomeregan again). And Mekkatorque at least got a cameo in SoO.

Because they have that very versatile role in the Alliance, even when the gnomish people isn't getting some development, you still feel like the gnomes are a central part of the Alliance imo. The same can't be said for the Draenei and Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Imo TBC was about blood elves more than anything else.
    Truth. Draenei in TBC were mostly there to tell the story of Blood Elves. Including having Velen offer Blood Elf paladins their redemption at the end (pfft, yuck).
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

i knew everyone would vote daenei. i for one, hope we never see any draenei lore(or its at least confined to the alliance story lines), as its by far and away my least favorite race and theme in the game.
    Last edited by Canderous1; 2013-10-11 at 06:52 PM.

Always Draenei, my favorite race always seems like the bastard child every expansion.

as a horde only player, I want Orcs to get some kinda on positive spotlight, but Draenei have been swept aside way too long. Pandaren should us, what Draenei have been saying for so many years. These guys are so nice and modest that they let the orcs kill them and never took revenge on them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't care, Blood Elves. Don't care if they got love this expansion. I play elves, and I don't play purple elves. Therefore the entire game should focus on Blood Elves.

Also I felt like pretty hot shit when Lor'Themar was talking about how awesome Blood Elves are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Honestly..
    all alliance races bar Humans

Horde:Tauren
    This 100%. Alliance, Humans seem to be the only thing that Blizzard knows how to write a story for. Frankly, it's boring hearing once again what the Humans are up to. There are 5 other races, excluding Pandaren, that really need some lore and fleshing out for stories. The other races all suffer from minor story syndrome. Blizzard either starts a story and never finishes it, ex. the Worgen, or just never even attempts to, ex. Gnomes. Every one of their races has had a minor story that either wrapped up anticlimactically and small, or wasn't even bothered with.

The story of the Gnomes reclaiming Gnomeregan, small and not even one patches worth of material. The Dwarves having a council now instead of a king, barely touched on. Worgen, pushed out of their starting zone and the story wrapped up on the Horde side, not the Alliance. It sounds like there may be something going down there after 5.4, but that's still to be seen if it actually goes anywhere or just remains limbo like most Alliance stories. Draenei, probably the worst offenders of them all. Very little lore was put into them at all. TBC had the most for them, but even then it wasn't much. Frankly, I can't remember the last time they were relevant, even more so their leader. He just sits there, doing nothing.

For the Horde, I'd say Orcs and Trolls should be done with content for a long while. Trolls always pop up here and there. Orcs have pretty much been the focus for two whole expansions now. It's time to move on from them and leave them to the wayside. Forsaken could use some fleshing out, because there has been the start of some story with Sylvanas acting up. Nothing further from her though lately. Goblins and Tauren are where the love needs to start happening. Goblins a little less physical stuff and more lore. They've been given plenty of places in the world to operate.

Tauren, probably the single worst race in terms of story and lore for the Horde. Frankly, there isn't any. They received a new leader, and nothing has been told of him at all. His model in the 5.4 cinematic was horrid compared to the others. He looked like a generic Tauren that you'd see walking around.