Dk tank garrosh problem, help

so iam currently raiding 10 men, and i have no problem when iam tanking garrosh, however my dps is lower then pally so when we switch and have a massive problem tanking the adds use die and healz keeps saying, i a taking a lot of dmg, they switch me with druid, iam not currently geared for avoidance since i dont use take adds my armory us.battle.net /wow/en/character/Azralon/Darkcanibal/simple
    i like the extra dps so i was doing haste/mastery build i also healz much more then the pally but take a lot more dmg anytips for tanking garrosh ?

Go avoidance for progression. All I can really say without some logs or something.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

gonna try switch to avoidance for progression, i just hadnt had any need for that before that fight, also gonna try post some logs next time

Ive been reading about the avoidance builds for a bit now but hesitant to try them, though if its a significant dps increase I will likely do it as I raid in 10 man where tank dps seems to be more relevant. On that note, I'm about 540 ilvl with 230% mastery. The discussion over on EJ says they are favoring parry over dodge slightly and using AskMrRobot with a 1.1 parry and 1.0 dodge weighting, it seems I can drop about 78% mastery to gain 10.4'ish avoidance.

So, quick questions. Is parry favored and how heavily? Also does the drop of 70%+ mastery for 10% avoidance seem sane?

I wouldn't drop mastery FOR parry or dodge, unless you're capping shields too fast, but I would go for gear that has mastery/parry on it.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    I wouldn't drop mastery FOR parry or dodge, unless you're capping shields too fast, but I would go for gear that has mastery/parry on it.
    That sounds more logical, up to this point ive been aiming for gear with mastery or bust so...all my gear has mastery which is probably really inefficient to try to forge to a riposte style of play. I also just can't imagine the ~9% crit I'd gain is earth shattering in terms of dps. I can see how it'd help but just not at the cost of so much mastery. Thanks for a quick reply.

Deleted
    Last I checked it's still optimal to be balancing dodge/parry so you want to be grabbing the appropriate macro (with/without SS on weapon) and for the pieces with mastery already reforge to the appropriate avoidance stat. I've been tanking recently for my 10m and on normals it seems to work fine for me.

You can't really be surprised that you're taking a lot of damage when you're gemming STRENGTH and HASTE on your tanking gear as a Death Knight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiasdf View Post
    You can't really be surprised that you're taking a lot of damage when you're gemming STRENGTH and HASTE on your tanking gear as a Death Knight.
    strength is parry, though Id still pick mastery (didnt check the page)

1. You are reforging Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun -> Hit to Crit and it's bad.

2. Reforge haste in to dodge or parry (use macro to see what you need).

3. Use more Fine Vermilion Onyx gems not Fierce Vermilion Onyx

4. Use Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle

5. In blue sockets use stamina + mastery gem or stamina gem. Stamina is great stat for DK.

6. Try to get tanking trinkets.

Arrow i should have been more clear

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    1. You are reforging Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun -> Hit to Crit and it's bad.

2. Reforge haste in to dodge or parry (use macro to see what you need).

3. Use more Fine Vermilion Onyx gems not Fierce Vermilion Onyx

4. Use Rune of the Stoneskin Gargoyle

5. In blue sockets use stamina + mastery gem or stamina gem. Stamina is great stat for DK.

6. Try to get tanking trinkets.
    1.well jin-kun trinket gives a nice parry on proc, also i didnt had any need for more mastery at any fight so far, +crit + more dps scale better with vegeance
    2. pehapse i should try to be more specific about my problem, i have no problem with boss hits and it does hit hard, i do have a problem holding agroo of the pally, (turns out he was using consecration/fisrt wave was fine, secound wave almost impossible for me),after checking iam trying to optimize my rotation cuz i can just hold agroo without loose too much runes for death strike, and turns out i end up diyng at 12/10%, i dont think iam on series issue but healers were crying (we r doing with 2 heal), for gems u issue i use to were fine, but like i said too much mastery already.
    3. i could follow what u said about get more EH and dropping a litlte mastery, for this fight i just wanted to get a feedback for dk tanks who did it, cuz iam 989k~ heath with buffs and all, and till this fight it was more then enough
    4. about trinkets, i could replace consil mastery trinket for shadon pan one, or maybe use both(tried, too much mastery not really making a big diffenrece)
    jin-kun i just dont see this as too bad i see a lot of dks tanking with dps gear soo, also gives, parry on proc as i can reforge a little mastery/haste on it for maybe more ds or more blood shield, as for trinkets drops, so far neither me or the pally got any luck, considering we r even doing tot hc, for a better update, they never drop, except for spark fo zandalari, and its like meh

also i could try putting more EH, but i would like an opnion whats the average EH pools for dks right now in soo( i just belive more then 950k is a waste for this content but maybe iam wrong didnt had any dificulty before this part at this boss)

anyway i going record the logs this weeks so if i still have any problems i will post it.

If raid change you for druid because healers have problem healing you then you have problem.

Now reforge to parry/dodge isn't bad for your dps because it give you crit.

I see you use Shado-pan trinket. It's your surv and dps cd trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikrekot View Post
    If raid change you for druid because healers have problem healing you then you have problem.

Now reforge to parry/dodge isn't bad for your dps because it give you crit.

I see you use Shado-pan trinket. It's your surv and dps cd trinket.
    thanks i changed my stats, my dps is actually much better now, i really wasnt putting much credit for ripose, since it wasnt %, but turn out avoidance for dks are actually good again( still balancing but like my build now)

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    strength is parry, though Id still pick mastery (didnt check the page)
    Yeah but it's also only half as effective on gems and doesn't give riposte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery 183.40%
    There's your major problem, you shouldnt be tanking progression with 183% mastery...
    I am currently using Mastery > Haste > STR, im running 218% mastery unbuffed and my rune CD is 7.68 sec.

My trinkets are both tank trinkets and im a very strong tank (solo sha of pride normal from 8% to 0) and always match or beat DPS numbers.
    Last night my guilds malkorok kill, i pulled 172k dps, with tank meta,cloak legendaries and trinkets and took practically no damage.

The best thing you could do is
    Yellow Slots: Mastery gem
    Blue Slots: Mastery/Stam gem
    Red Slots: Parry/Mastery gem

For reforging go all mastery > haste.
    Runeforge: Fallen Crusader >= Stoneskin Gargoyle

Quote Originally Posted by dkrhary View Post
    thanks i changed my stats, my dps is actually much better now, i really wasnt putting much credit for ripose, since it wasnt %, but turn out avoidance for dks are actually good again( still balancing but like my build now)
    Good to hear that. Good luck with progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Mastery 183.40%
    There's your major problem, you shouldnt be tanking progression with 183% mastery...
    I am currently using Mastery > Haste > STR, im running 218% mastery unbuffed and my rune CD is 7.68 sec.

My trinkets are both tank trinkets and im a very strong tank (solo sha of pride normal from 8% to 0) and always match or beat DPS numbers.
    Last night my guilds malkorok kill, i pulled 172k dps, with tank meta,cloak legendaries and trinkets and took practically no damage.

The best thing you could do is
    Yellow Slots: Mastery gem
    Blue Slots: Mastery/Stam gem
    Red Slots: Parry/Mastery gem

For reforging go all mastery > haste.
    Runeforge: Fallen Crusader >= Stoneskin Gargoyle
    fisrt off all, u probably were looking at my armory while i was fixing my build, for 10 man 150% i guarantee u can do it just fine, and even reforge crit cuz dmg on the tank isnt a biggie for 10men, as in fact thats what i did till garossh and had no problem, doing over 230k/300K(garrosh nearing 405k) depending on the fight, my guild just switched to be a 25 man this weak so i changed my build again, also fallen crusader doesn't proc so nice with my haste anymore, low heal actually my worms healz me much more, and stoneskin u take less dmg and get bigger EH. thank for ur option though.
    so far with my new build i havent had felt much difference but only did fisrt 7 bosses yesterday, we usually did 10 bosses 2,5 hours when we were a 10 men, dps is actually better(probably more vengeance),

although i like my new build, i actually saw that turns out dps wasn't killing adds strong enough and they were getting enrage so its a big dk tank issue, but as for right now i like the little mix i did with avoidance/haste after 220%mastery(could probally do a lot less on 10 man), guess i will only know at garrosh cuz other bosses in soo just seems way too lfr.

almost killed at 10 last weak but MC got us killed