Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That sounds like a bug...
    It has been this way since 5.0, yes.

I'm glad they never fixed this though, because this playstyle is indeed a lot of fun and requires more skill than spamming poh.

Deleted
    More importantly..where can we download his ui!! So at least I can look like a pro!! (*Not actually play like one!!)

But we all know looks are the most important thing in this game...says me still wearing my 1991 old skool hoody!!

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    And still, his castbar is a unicorn.
    Ya, it totally makes Jhazrun's UI 20% cooler.

Nice necro.

Unfortunately he's disc now. Holy appears to need some work Or disc needs to be reworked. Probably both!

Disc is just better for farming because of the DPS it provides thus faster clears. And Holy doesn't do well in farm content either since most of everything is just heal sniping. Dunno if it's the same for 10m though, I'd assume it is.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Paragon do 25m now. Two discs and two rshams to feed mana tides and raid healing. All you need for farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    All you need for farm.
    Thok says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Thok says hi.
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...irsty/25H/hps/

Deleted
    When overgearing a fight like this Discipline will always do more HPS than throughput healers. Can we make a deal on this forum? If you don't know how to analyze World of Logs just shut your mouth instead of linking some random stuff. Its getting annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    When overgearing a fight like this Discipline will always do more HPS than throughput healers. Can we make a deal on this forum? If you don't know how to analyze World of Logs just shut your mouth instead of linking some random stuff. Its getting annoying.
    When is stuff on farm?
    Oh yeah when you overgear it.
    Which was the discussion.

I think his point was that Thok is easily 4-5 healed at this point with discs+resto shamans. Not whether disc is overpowered or not. Take http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hht0q...8&e=9054#Brün for example. Minara and Lendchen are basicly doing half of the top resto shaman, so safe to assume that if they had a proper fourth healer it'd have been "easily" 4 healable, especially as the disc in the log is performing pretty badly (can easily do +100K hps more).

Look what you did Arker42!!

I will say that logs should be used to determine incoming damage and cooldown usage and to see who may be failing at avoiding certain mechanics, etc, more than a tool to increase your own hps. Especially for healers... it should be as simple as: my raid did not die, therefore we did our part. If your raid is dying, it's important to make sure it wasn't the healer's issue as much as improper cd usage or dps standing in bad. Unless you're way under performing, I really don't think it's productive to obsess over logs. Use them to make sure you're on the right path? Sure.

It's not a race to the top of the meter.

YES!!! My power grows!! [InsertPictureofDiscordFromMLPHereOnceIHaveMadeEnoughForumPosts]

But seriously, props to Jhazrun for solo healing Garrosh HC. He demonstrated a situation where Holy Priest shines. Most raid configurations don't show (on parses) how effective Holy Priests can be (massive throughput). Feats like this prompt people to look back through the numbers and the assumptions they made. I'm glad to see this community discussing the nuances of effective healing instead of just relying mindlessly on the top parse number. Numbers matter, but so do details.

Sorry for proving my point about disc priests and resto shamans are all you need for farm content. Maybe if you actually read what I post you'll get less annoyed next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Sorry for proving my point about disc priests and resto shamans are all you need for farm content. Maybe if you actually read what I post you'll get less annoyed next time.
    To be fair, you could probably bring other over-geared healers besides disc priests and resto shamans and still do just fine.

Thought he could have worded his response a wee bit nicer.

You didn't link me a 4-heal?

You stated that you only need 4 healers (2 disc 2 rsham) for farm.
    Last edited by Music; 2014-03-05 at 11:52 PM.

You didn't link me a 4-heal?

You stated that you only need 4 healers (2 disc 2 rsham) for farm.
    While I cba looking through all logs to find something that's probably there somewhere, refer to the one I pointed out earlier - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hht0q...e=9054#Brün 5 healers with a shaman and paladin *severely* lacking in output, and a mediocre disc at best (I casually push out +400K even with 6 healers on my priest here, no reason he shouldn't be able to).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    While I cba looking through all logs to find something that's probably there somewhere, refer to the one I pointed out earlier - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hht0q...e=9054#Brün 5 healers with a shaman and paladin *severely* lacking in output, and a mediocre disc at best (I casually push out +400K even with 6 healers on my priest here, no reason he shouldn't be able to).
    5 healing with 12 deaths, sounds successful!

Also, was more @ Bonk referring to Paragon using 4 heals and saying it's "All you need for farm".

Heh, I'm sure you can 4 heal Thok with that setup and have no issues. Not all strategies rely on standing still and take 30 stacks in P1. You're obviously less likely to get high ranks as healer, but it's still viable with good gear.

5 healing with 12 deaths, sounds successful!

Also, was more @ Bonk referring to Paragon using 4 heals and saying it's "All you need for farm".
    4 (a third) was due to chomp which can't be the healers fault. Another third (4) was due to corrosive blood, which I assume means they were too far from the designated mass-dispell spot to ever get dispelled / out of healers range. But yea, if you wanted to, 4 is deffo doable.