Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Game is way more user friendly and way more complicated when it comes to personal skill or pre-raid preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Exactly.

Things were only 'hard' in TBC if you didn't do them the 'correct' way.

Speed run 5 mans without a Prot Paladin? Lololololol
    You probably only ran 5-mans with the Isle of Quel'Danas badges gear when they were nerfed and outgeared in the late BC. Dungeons weren't difficult because warriors (or druids...) couldn't multitank them, but because they would get 'insta-gibbed' if they as much as tried to multitank them; which affected protection paladins as well.
    Also, as far as the myth of protection paladins threat is concerned, a protection paladin trying to multitank most BC heroics without outgearing them greatly, would require so much burst healing on the pull that he couldn't probably keep even the mob he was actually hitting, let alone the ones who only got a tick of consecration: healer dead. Speed run? Lol.
    Bottom line: invalid argument, you do not know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Memory; 2013-10-06 at 05:25 PM.

No. The game has not become harder then it was during The Burning Crusade expansion.

It's easier in every single regard, from leveling to high end raiding, to quality of life and access to gear. I miss TBC.

Harder to stomach! waka waka

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No. The game has not become harder then it was during The Burning Crusade expansion.

It's easier in every single regard, from leveling to high end raiding, to quality of life and access to gear. I miss TBC.
    I agree with this, except I don't miss TBC. I miss the people I played with, but the game was pretty frustrating with the class that I choose to play.

.... Harder than TBC? is this a trolling-thread or something?.... you go ahead and tell me a single boss that has ever lasted 4 IRL months before anyone ever got the world-first kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Prot paladin's were few & far between on my server. Most tanks were bears and warriors. I don't even remember ret being raid viable in BC.
    That's probably because people didn't see prot palas as viable.
    It took me until we had killed Illidan to be allowed to go prot and when I was finally allowed to try it for one raid I could disenchant my holy gear after the raid since my guild leaders suddenly realized just how good prot palas were.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    You probably only ran 5-mans with the Isle of Quel'Danas badges gear when they were nerfed and outgeared in the late BC. Dungeons weren't difficult because warriors (or druids...) couldn't multitank them, but because they would get 'insta-gibbed' if they as much as tried to multitank them; which affected protection paladins as well.
    Also, as far as the myth of protection paladins threat is concerned, a protection paladin trying to multitank most BC heroics without outgearing them greatly, would require so much burst healing on the pull that he couldn't probably keep even the mob he's actually hitting, let alone the ones who only got a tick of consecration: healer dead. Speed run? Lol.
    Bottom line: invalid argument, you do not know what you're talking about.
    Prot Paladins needed to outgear heroic dungeons to even be functional tanks. So yes, if you got a Prot Paladin who didn't suck, he was in full epics. It's not like they started the expansion with ridiculous survivability and better-than-DPS damage *coughdruidscough* or were Blizzard's favorite child who got an off-global button to push nasties off their combat table for free.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

High end raiding in TBC was just gear checks. Nothing was hard about it aside from having 25 people in a raid that actually knew how to read and follow instructions (Guilds fail today for these same reasons.) The only bosses comparable to today are Mag, KT, and Vashj. those are the only fights that required personal responsibility. BT took forever because you needed to collect resist gear for the entire raid. Sunwell was just bosses who required ridiculous amounts of gear to kill. And of course, any guild stuck in Karazhan couldn't go into BT because of the gear check. Not because it was hard.

Blizzard removed the gear check and increased the difficulty of bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    .... Harder than TBC? is this a trolling-thread or something?.... you go ahead and tell me a single boss that has ever lasted 4 IRL months before anyone ever got the world-first kill?

Tell me one that lasted 4 months in TBC that didn't require some kind of gear check or was bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    Tell me one that lasted 4 months in TBC that didn't require some kind of gear check or was bugged?
    Tell me one that's lasted more than 3 weeks in MoP?

KT lasted close to 3 months if i remember correctly.

High end raiding in TBC was just gear checks. Nothing was hard about it aside from having 25 people in a raid that actually knew how to read and follow instructions (Guilds fail today for these same reasons.) The only bosses comparable to today are Mag, KT, and Vashj. those are the only fights that required personal responsibility. BT took forever because you needed to collect resist gear for the entire raid. Sunwell was just bosses who required ridiculous amounts of gear to kill. And of course, any guild stuck in Karazhan couldn't go into BT because of the gear check. Not because it was hard.

Blizzard removed the gear check and increased the difficulty of bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember any gear checks till BT, and I was in a server first guild. Also don't remember any bugged fights besides Mother Shahraz, and we killed her before they fixed the bugs.

No, any guild stuck in Kara couldn't go to BT because there was attunements in place. This shows that you didn't play the expansion, or at the very least you joined extremely late into it when they removed them.

Mechanically raids are harder, but players are better. In TBC the mechanics weren't that hard really, just people were shit/didn't have addons/UI like we do now to tell us what to do all the time. i.e VEM which basically tells you how to raid and GTFO etc.

Tell me one that's lasted more than 3 weeks in MoP?

KT lasted close to 3 months if i remember correctly.
    KT lasted for 1 month after getting unlocked by killing the other 3 bosses in there.
    High Astromancer Solarian - 24th April 2007
    Death Wish, Cho'gall US
    Kael'thas Sunstrider - 25th May 2007
    Nihilum, Magtheridon EU

And raiding KT while fun was very time consuming, 1 try could easily last 10-15 minutes while today (in many fights at least) you will have done several attempts in the same time.
    Last edited by Caelia; 2013-10-06 at 05:43 PM.

You can reduce every boss to a gear check, probably also current ones (which I cannot talk about because, aside from a brief experience with the first tier of Cataclysm hard modes, I stopped proper raiding in the WotLK).
    But it's false to state that guilds stuck in Karazhan couldn't go to BT because of the gear checks. Karazhan gear was good to kill anything before SWP (not sure about an un-nerfed KT, but that's beyond the point). Gear, in fact, didn't either scale so much before SWP: if you'd look at gear comparison between T4 and T6, you would see little change, then a sudden jump with SWP gear.
    Do I remember wrong or an Asian guild killed Illidan within days of the Asian release of the BC? Of course they didn't have to deal with un-nerfed Gruul, Magtheridon, KT and such, but that's not the point (can't remember if the attunements were also removed, all or any; probably). Simply, not much can be regarded as a techical 'gear-check' before SWP.
    And fights that required personal responsibility were plenty, don't mix tasks differentiation with personal responsibility.
    Last edited by Memory; 2013-10-06 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    KT lasted for 1 month after getting unlocked by killing the other 3 bosses in there.
    High Astromancer Solarian - 24th April 2007
    Death Wish, Cho'gall US
    Kael'thas Sunstrider - 25th May 2007
    Nihilum, Magtheridon EU

And raiding KT while fun was very time consuming, 1 try could easily last 10-15 minutes while today (in many fights at least) you will have done several attempts in the same time.
    I basing on when the raid was unlocked which would have been 2 1/2 months. I should have clarified.
    Last edited by Raidboss; 2013-10-06 at 05:47 PM. Reason: watching football game and not typing proper english....doh!

Void Reaver was killed first on March 11th...they didn't kill KT until May 25th...we can meet in the middle at 2 1/2 months.
    What does Void Reaver have to do with anything? First look on KT was on the day of Solarians death since KT was inaccessible before that time.
    Yes it took 2½ months to clear the entire instance I can give you that, but KT alone lasted for 1 month.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    TBC had a major issue - a lack of tanks.
    Tanking was just harder in TBC so less people did it. That and paladin tanks were a must for some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    What does Void Reaver have to do with anything? First look on KT was on the day of Solarians death since KT was inaccessible before that time.
    Yes it took 2½ months to clear the entire instance I can give you that, but KT alone lasted for 1 month.
    By that measure Garrosh lasted days.

Boss Mechanics have become more complex, and there are just more of them in a fight. Although players have gotten better, there are more resources available to them, gear itemization, better talents. It's hard to gauge, but in my opinion the game has become more complex boss mechanic and rotation wise and less tedious attunement and grind wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Tanking was just harder in TBC so less people did it. That and paladin tanks were a must for some areas.
    Paladin tanks weren't required anywhere, if they were it's because the rest of the group was bad not because paladins were the only viable tanks.

By that measure Garrosh lasted days.
    And so he did, but then again the amount of gear that 1 guild get in the span of 1 week nowdays far exceeds than the amount of gear a guild would get back in TBC which made for slower progression, especially when bosses were gearchecks.