Deleted

Demonology/Thok/trinkets? isit even worth it?

Hey i was just curious, i know Demo's had the nerf bat with UVLS/imps.. im usually destro, but have been told for Thok to go demo for the instant ToC..

So im just wondering, atm im using bindings (N) 2/2, and a wush RF (2/2), .. i have a normal UVLS (2/2).. throughout the fight, isit better i just use bindings or will the UVLS proc on pull, and the chance for it to proc be better than a bindings? maybe getting a 25k int doom would be better than a crit doom?

havent played demo since UVLS nerf, so havent kept up to date with stats.. but atm im running a 4.3k haste/7.6k crit/18k mastery build for destro..

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance you lot, really appreciate the guidance

Deleted
    Destruction ist probably the only spec you can rule out for Thok, since chaos bolt is a no-no there. Demo and Aff both do fine, I'd say in ideal gear Aff is probably stronger right now. With your trinket setup and due to the fact that you have very low haste and apparently some crit items, both of which hurts Aff a lot, Demo should be your best choice. Don't forget to use the Glyph of Unending Resolve, so you have more windows in which deafening screech can't interrupt you. Good luck on Thok!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loom View Post
    Destruction ist probably the only spec you can rule out for Thok, since chaos bolt is a no-no there.
    Not really. Destruction is fine. Our other warlock who played Destruction wasn't too far behind me in damage. Tho it was 25man and we had 4 aura masterys plus our own UR.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2160&e=2717

I think affliction is better than demo if you choose not to go destro. Bat damage is good if you spread DoTs+SoC with Soul Swap and you don't loose too much damage spamming Fel Flame instead of channeling MG. Also MG is shadow lock so you can cast Fel Flame few times when you get interrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Loom View Post
    Don't forget to use the Glyph of Unending Resolve, so you have more windows in which deafening screech can't interrupt you. Good luck on Thok!
    Timing doesn't work out that way, you wont actually get any more unending resolves in when he's under a decent amount of acceleration.

Demo isn't even mildly competitive single target anymore. You're looking at a 30% flat nerf to what used to be 15-20% of dmg done, and then to add insult to injury they heavily nerfed the trinket that was the reason that imps were 15-20% of dmg done. This is all after the fact that they removed everlasting affliction which was already a nerf to UVLS up time.

Don't think blizzard realizes how much of demo's useful dps that uvls was carrying.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-10-06 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Timing doesn't work out that way, you wont actually get any more unending resolves in when he's under a decent amount of acceleration.

Demo isn't even mildly competitive single target anymore. You're looking at a 30% flat nerf to what used to be 15-20% of dmg done, and then to add insult to injury they heavily nerfed the trinket that was the reason that imps were 15-20% of dmg done. This is all after the fact that they removed everlasting affliction which was already a nerf to UVLS up time.

Don't think blizzard realizes how much of demo's useful dps that uvls was carrying.
    UVLS is still carrying it.

Deleted
    After the demo nerf i still tried it on Thok and found the damage reduction to be massive. I run affliction for Thok now and push alot more damage than I did as Demo, When acceleration gets high you can still fit in a few malefic grasp tick's before the interrupts.