Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Holy priests tend to never die either. Lightwell/guardian passively makes every invincible. They have tons of unavoidable CC.

Resto Druids die quite easily, priests can kite infinitely as well with angelic feather. But as its MoP people just tend to die in a stun.

Resto Druid hots suck at the moment, they tend to have to spam heal / stand in mushroom efflorescence to keep themselves up

Chastie --> Angelic Feather --> Spectral Guise --> Run in to fear, makes Holy Priests OP.

OP here, where do I begin with this slew of crap...

1st of all, mostly all of what you just said is complete BS mate. Holy priests tend burn through there man and yes, with Hamstring on full time(or piercing howl) that guy aint going anywhere. H.Priests are quite easy to drop to be honest.

Resto Druids can last for ever. they never oom, their survivability and kiting is amazing, and if one dies to melee, its prob because someone in the room distracted them IRL. They're HoT's are fine, sorry if you've played with crap oness

"its MoP people tend to die in a stun" died in 5.2, lets stay current please man. Sounds like an L2 play issue on your part.

After all is said and done and trying out all the different healer comps, RESTO DRUID is by far the superior choice. They kite and snare melee for days, keeping them off of me, and with HotW in Kitty they can close a kill whenever the hell they want(6m CD so obv must be used at the end of a CC chain with warriors fear). Their mobility and ability to stay with Warriors is right there with MW's, but still surpases b/c of shapeshifting. Druid basics pretty much just make the comp OP.

While holy pallies are arguably the worst healers currently, freedom just makes warriors unstoppable atm. They are just to damn strong in melee

In my opinion Priest/Druid/Paladin/Shaman/Monk, in that order.

It seems like you never have to peel Priests as they are immortal anyways. Life Swap and Life Grip are OP as all hell, and a Priest who is really good with his Mind Controls can win games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monks can be very good, depending on who you are playing against. Like a monk is very weak against mage and priest or druid but very strong against healer+melee(or a caster that does not have many ccs). With a warrior putting out so much pressure and a monk to top it off with his dps, I can see many healers just failing.

I have not played with many warriors, but mwer/dk is good like this. If you do not like long games this comp might be the best for you.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm sad to tell you all this, but I doubt any of you have seen a good MW monk play, when you do you will understand how good they are, it's simply that people are too focused with the fotm cool shiny crap to notice how good MW's potential is.

I believe MW is going to become of one the best healers later on ( post S14 since barely anyone is playing MW atm and most dont have a clue how to play it properly).

Also I'd like to add that although priests are very strong now you should at least give the OP the positives and negatives to each healing class/spec so he picks something that fits his style instead of picking whats generally the "best" without knowing why, many people have different opinions about things here it seems.

Anyways, I cba going through an entire grid of listing at the moment, let's just discuss the priorities here. This is about 2s so the most effective healer atm is the healer that can keep up the healing through pressure, as well as having several tools to CC.

Considering the OP is a warrior the probabilities of him finding a healer that best suits his tastes at his level of play is probably paladin and priest being as first tier for him,and druid being second tier, here's why.

( Disregarding ladder constitution atm ) the OP said he's around 1700, so for him the thing that best fits his playstyle is not a MW monk , since at his playing field finding one of those really rare monks that know what they're doing ( who are probably multi R1 healers who rerolled or have alts for fun ) is very rare, so let's say MW apart for now.

Shaman has the least amount of CC and since 2s has become a CC fest it is quite the downside atm for a shaman to run with a warrior simply for the lack of CCs they can chain in regards to other healers, furthermore, Shamans have very good burst healing capacities when healing others yet they are prone to being trained simply because they cannot keep people ( melee mostly ) off , and melee are shamans bane, so that's 1 factor.

Druid has mobility and CC , but to be fair the only good CC druid has is cyclone, and although it is great it has one simple flaw in 2v2, it has a cast time! and at 1700 people facerolling hardstyle blowing all kinds of interrupts how do u think the druid is going to peel or CC properly ? i don't think juking fits the niche of 1700 rating properly, I mean even multi glads are having a hard time juking atm with the amount of interrupts and reflects happening.
    So what I'm trying to say is, druid has good CC , but it is not unavoidable CC.
    Another flaw of druids atm ( more so in 3s than 2s but wtv) is that they are the opposite of shamans in terms of pressure healing, they cannot recover or barely can recover from tremendous pressure after their trinket is down and they end up being CCed.

Priest and Paladin ( I'll state both to save time ), I doubt anyone can argue about this but paladins now have the most effective variety of CC on different DRs, in previous expansions palas were the class with almost no CC at all , now they can chain several CCs back to back and lock people off quite well, the sad part is most of their CC chains require casting , but they can always initiate with a stun , they also have several tools to prevent being CCed such as bubble and sacrifice ( can even have 2 of these with talents if specced for it ),CC aside pala heals are still quite solid, it can keep up with pressure and can recover well, the only downside to having a pala is that they tend to be easier to CC than druids, but good palas can avoid that at higher rating.

Priest used to be the weakest , now it is the epitome of healing , it provides almost unavoidable CC, amazing healing , feathers give great mobility not only for themselves but their teammates, effectively granting the warrior with 80% speed increase when needed, thats a tad too much imo , not even going to mention their amazingly strong defensive cds when shit doesn't go their way, regardless to say stealthed priest moving at mac speed can easily avoid most dangerous situations with minimal skill.

So that's why OP should try playing with a Paladin or a Priest , whichever he can get his hands on, preferably the one who has the most experience in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    ...Shaman has the least amount of CC and since 2s has become a CC fest it is quite the downside atm for a shaman to run with a warrior simply for the lack of CCs they can chain in regards to other healers, furthermore, Shamans have very good burst healing capacities when healing others yet they are prone to being trained simply because they cannot keep people ( melee mostly ) off , and melee are shamans bane, so that's 1 factor.

Druid has mobility and CC , but to be fair the only good CC druid has is cyclone, and although it is great it has one simple flaw in 2v2, it has a cast time! and at 1700 people facerolling hardstyle blowing all kinds of interrupts how do u think the druid is going to peel or CC properly ? i don't think juking fits the niche of 1700 rating properly, I mean even multi glads are having a hard time juking atm with the amount of interrupts and reflects happening.
    So what I'm trying to say is, druid has good CC , but it is not unavoidable CC.
    Another flaw of druids atm ( more so in 3s than 2s but wtv) is that they are the opposite of shamans in terms of pressure healing, they cannot recover or barely can recover from tremendous pressure after their trinket is down and they end up being CCed.

Priest and Paladin ( I'll state both to save time ), I doubt anyone can argue about this but paladins now have the most effective variety of CC on different DRs, in previous expansions palas were the class with almost no CC at all , now they can chain several CCs back to back and lock people off quite well, the sad part is most of their CC chains require casting , but they can always initiate with a stun , they also have several tools to prevent being CCed such as bubble and sacrifice ( can even have 2 of these with talents if specced for it ),CC aside pala heals are still quite solid, it can keep up with pressure and can recover well, the only downside to having a pala is that they tend to be easier to CC than druids, but good palas can avoid that at higher rating.

Priest used to be the weakest , now it is the epitome of healing , it provides almost unavoidable CC, amazing healing , feathers give great mobility not only for themselves but their teammates, effectively granting the warrior with 80% speed increase when needed, thats a tad too much imo , not even going to mention their amazingly strong defensive cds when shit doesn't go their way, regardless to say stealthed priest moving at mac speed can easily avoid most dangerous situations with minimal skill.

So that's why OP should try playing with a Paladin or a Priest , whichever he can get his hands on, preferably the one who has the most experience in arena.
    OP here, and WOW thank you so much for that post.

Couldn't agree more about Sham's. And you're right, good MW's are really hard to find.

As for druids, they do have a very difficult time recovering. Most are getting trained by Warrs or Dks that I just cant seem to peel before they are dead.

Will give H.Pal and Priests a shot this week, will repost next on 10/21 with update

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Something seems wrong with your Mwer, I have gotten to 1800 with a warrior. A good mistweaver should put some pressure out, and with a warriors damage something has to give.
    My thought exactly. I can usually heal through a lot and NEVER EVER go oom because of chi brew. But it does help to have a DPS who knows what he's doing. If OP doesn't know how to charge a priest's attempt to fear or something then it's going to be hard.

Deleted
    After priest nerfs, druid & resto shammy is the way to go.

All fanboying aside highest 2v2 team on eu atm is resto druid & arms warrior..
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-10-15 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    First of all your mw is bad.

Honestly ill consider paladin and priest with warrior.

paladin freedom just make warrior too good.

priest are just op otherwise.
    Deffo H'Pally / Arms Warrior in 2's is a classic, but also if you can get your hands on a pro Resto Druid the clones and cc is sweeet