Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I read the charts and everything, and am kinda new to AMR and everything...but by my understanding of this guide...I am at 14523 haste with no buffs, I am going a full haste build at ilvl 555...So Should I be using FB on single targets instead of LB??? I have been using LB because that's what I have been told. But, from what I see in the graphs FB SHOULD out dps LB correct??? Sorry for the newb question but just wanna get everything correct cuz we're soon to start trying heroics...

here's my armory if it helps, ty

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lfanira/simple

Frost bomb is rarely used because it has a cooldown and cast time, thus throwing off our rotation. While Frost Bomb would do more damage in a vacuum by itself, the benefits of Living Bomb far outweigh it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GadsTheMage View Post
    Frost bomb is rarely used because it has a cooldown and cast time, thus throwing off our rotation. While Frost Bomb would do more damage in a vacuum by itself, the benefits of Living Bomb far outweigh it imo.
    Mk, that's kinda what I was curious about, that it could/would throw off rotation and such with cd depending on haste and cast time and such...I mayyy test it out just to try it, couldn't really hurt since were just gearing people up on normal now and if it drops my dps on a fight not a huge deal

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Even on a low pop server how do you prevent someone from messing you up?

I just don't see how it's possible to be alone with a celestial.

But amazing work nonetheless, I'm very impressed with your patience and "strategery"
    low pop server is all you need

and yea at like 10% some people ran in and killed it but i did like 90+% of the dmg

thing is when someone sees a tank pull it, after 2 mintues if hes still alone people generally trust him enuogh to run in and start dmging the boss to speed it up knowing hell live then

when people see a mage alone in the pit with a world boss and they target the boss and see its targeting a water elemental, they usualy laguh and go afk, which is what im assuming the 3-4 people there on isle at the time were thinking till they came back 10 minutes later and it was below 10%

571 ilvl mage. 26.1k int. 20,093 Haste. 15% hit. 44.4k spell power. 11.5k mastery. should i change anything?

askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/bloodhoof/rándalthor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudlionhrt View Post
    571 ilvl mage. 26.1k int. 20,093 Haste. 15% hit. 44.4k spell power. 11.5k mastery. should i change anything?

if you snapshot well and aren't missing many procs, then you're perfect

I'd recommend trying to pick up tier gloves and the legs off of Iron Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Falseprophet View Post
    I'd recommend trying to pick up tier gloves and the legs off of Iron Juggernaut
    the gloves i have r best in slot. hoping to get pants this week

the gloves i have r best in slot. hoping to get pants this week

Where did you get the idea that your non-warforged hit/crit hands were best in slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Where did you get the idea that your non-warforged hit/crit hands were best in slot?
    Hahah, I'll guess noxxic

Hey there! I would like to thank you first off for your awesome guide...it made me want to switch to frost from God awful RNG based fire.

This is my AMR link: askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/mal'ganis/rekirts

I have read every page of the guide thread and hope I did not miss it. but my question is: I am trying to go for the highest break point (14242)..and I can get to it with without too much struggle, but at any point..would it be better for me to go for a higher mastery value and 1 lower break point over sticking to the top one? I realize I still have some fire pieces left, and if the bosses would stop being stingy, getting rid of the fire pieces would be easier. Just hoping reset shines on me this week when we clear lol.

Thank's

Hello,

This is my mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Pesse/simple

AskMrRobot recommends me to reforge away from crit and lands me on 18% crit, whilst i read on icyveins i should get 23% crit.
    Iam a bit confused how i should reforge, iam using a haste build with 15% hit, 23% crit and rest on haste/mastery.

Am i doing this wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Hello,

This is my mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Pesse/simple

AskMrRobot recommends me to reforge away from crit and lands me on 18% crit, whilst i read on icyveins i should get 23% crit.
    Iam a bit confused how i should reforge, iam using a haste build with 15% hit, 23% crit and rest on haste/mastery.

Am i doing this wrong?
    Ignore crit entirely. It's not relevant due to passive int/crit you can't reforge away/trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    Ignore crit entirely. It's not relevant due to passive int/crit you can't reforge away/trinkets.
    Tho my dps increased alot when i hit 23%, so it feels like i shouldnt reforge away from it?

Deleted
    Tho my dps increased alot when i hit 23%, so it feels like i shouldnt reforge away from it?
    Yeah, any my DPS increased a lot when I went for [insert X]. Or perhaps it was because I had 50 brain freeze procs in a 3 minute fight. It is very, very difficult to point out one factor(Such as 5% crit) as the primary cause of high DPS. Both theory and statistical evidence indicates that you don't go for the shatter cap until very, very high intelligence/SP levels(I don't think you can even reach this level, Akraen has the math on a google doc somewhere).

It is generally accepted that in 5.4 you completely ignore the crit cap, because at decent gear levels, factoring in int and trinkets, you'll spend the majority of your time close to or above this cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    fyi - if I don't answer, it means I'm satisfied with whatever someone else said

there are like 12 awesome frost mages who regularly answer others with good info, I only step in when something has to be added. But I do read every post on this thread and encourage this to be the location of any frost questions

thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    Yeah, any my DPS increased a lot when I went for [insert X]. Or perhaps it was because I had 50 brain freeze procs in a 3 minute fight. It is very, very difficult to point out one factor(Such as 5% crit) as the primary cause of high DPS. Both theory and statistical evidence indicates that you don't go for the shatter cap until very, very high intelligence/SP levels(I don't think you can even reach this level, Akraen has the math on a google doc somewhere).

It is generally accepted that in 5.4 you completely ignore the crit cap, because at decent gear levels, factoring in int and trinkets, you'll spend the majority of your time close to or above this cap.
    So what you are saying is that i should just reforge away from crit totally?
    Use ask mr robots settings, or reforge lite?

So what you are saying is that i should just reforge away from crit totally?
    Use ask mr robots settings, or reforge lite?
    Neither. Don't use built in settings. If you're using AMR just set crit to 25% to 1 and crit after 25% to 1, then it'll ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Those gloves that you have are nowhere near BiS for a Frost Mage, although at that item level I can see how they might rank statically better than some others although given that you are over hit cap and should be ignoring crit I just don't see it.

Can you explain why you are thinking this? Is it based on current options i.e. your "current" available best in slot that you have in your bags?

Cheers,

Thank you Akraen

Usually i play better then those logs that were up, I do not get upset from the criticism, If it helps me be a better mage then I need to hear it.