Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Hey guys, I could really use some help as I don't know what I am doing wrong. My guild is currently on 10N Garrosh and my dps is lower than I think it should be. I've tried the pure haste build and am now sitting on the haste/mastery build because of the potential (seemingly) for higher single target dps. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

When we pull we always Time Warp. We use the switching method (running back and forth between 2 spots as ranged). On pull I Living Bomb, Frost Bolt til adds come, then Frozen Orb when the adds arrive. We then switch due to the axe, I pop my cooldowns w/ alter time because I have Fingers of Frost stacks and a Brainfreeze proc. Burn through those, then get back to the rotation. Use Brain Freeze when it procs, use ice lance at 2 stacks, frostbolt, frozen orb on cooldown as well as trying to keep Living Bomb up on Garrosh, the axe, and the wolfrider.

Here is my armory -
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...an/Gads/simple

Here is WoL for one of the 3 wipes -
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8891&e=9516

For reference, here is an Iron Juggernaut fight where I felt I did well, but if you feel inclined to help me here as well I'm all ears -
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4115&e=4451

On your first 2 pulls Invokers Energy was very low, 3rd try it was decent enough. But 70% just won't cut it.

Looks like you're never pre potting.

On your first try you used Icy Veins and alter time only once in 11 minutes. You also seem to be consistently getting bindings proc during the Alter Time, which loses you a huge amount of burst, and you need to work around. There are also big chunks of the pull where you did have IE (70% uptime).

Judging from what you've written, my best tip to you is to work on your opening tbh, you dont need to delay icy veins and use it at the same time as AT, you can have it up earlier, right from the pull, so it syncs with Meta/KTT which WILL proc right away. Glyphed Icy Veins also gives you a better chance to proc the bindings which is nice. As long as you AT with at least 6 seconds left on Icy Veins, Synapse Springs, and your bindings has already procced, you're golden.

Edit:

Just for comparison, that's your IJ kill with icy veins/amp nicely synced at the start, synapse spring a bit out of whack all fight though, then beneath is my IJ kill, with things synced up quite nicely, then at the bottom that's one of your garrosh pulls. Just take a look at the differences there between them and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by durrtygoodz; 2014-02-03 at 06:57 PM.

Thank you DurrtyGoodz. That is exactly the kind of information I needed.

Quick question, how do you handle Synapse Springs? Do you proc it with other trinkets to get larger bombs?

Deleted
    Heyho,

I just remembered a wild theory you had in version 1 of this guide.... was something like, if you reach X ilvl/haste/mastery you stopt using ice lance.... Any new info on this idea?

And I thought about the frost 2p bonus.... after using the brainfreeze procc and getting the 20% dmg buff.... would you prefer to cast a frostbolt over an icelance, as a buffed frostbolt will also generate a buffed icicle, hence profit more than the icelance? I'm using mastery build.... well could calculte this my slef ^^ but may there are already answers ^^

Personally I have my synapse macro'd to my Frozen Orb, mostly out of laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by LI2Atronach View Post
    Heyho,

I just remembered a wild theory you had in version 1 of this guide.... was something like, if you reach X ilvl/haste/mastery you stopt using ice lance.... Any new info on this idea?
    Blizz buffed Ice Lance due to this. You should always cast Ice Lance on FoF proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    On your first 2....
    Where in WOL are you getting this report?

Edit, found it As if I have never noticed it did this before!
    Last edited by mmocd32a0cae37; 2014-02-04 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Heya i just registered for this awesome guide here!
    I need a little help ~

Im new to the wow addon mists of pandaria started raiding with 5.4 on Siege of orgrimmar i cleared it yesterday but my dps is far behind(dont have the legendary clock or the meta yet still coming!!)

I got 11.746 Haste with frost armor and cant reach the 12684 haste.. should i go to the 9522 and rest to mastery?

eu battle net/wow/de/character/thrall/Chayo/simple

this is my character if you want to take a look

would be cool for an advise!

Quote Originally Posted by GadsTheMage View Post
    Hey guys, I could really use some help as I don't know what I am doing wrong. My guild is currently on 10N Garrosh and my dps is lower than I think it should be. I've tried the pure haste build and am now sitting on the haste/mastery build because of the potential (seemingly) for higher single target dps. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Although my experience is mainly Flex on Garrosh I use frost bomb on the fight regardless of whether we stack or run the back markers….overall damage is much much higher for me even though the AoE is only in P1. We do not hero on P1, and I usually end the phase around 550k….and end the fight in total around 300k. I almost never have to switch targets especially of course if stacked.

That all being said, I've wondered if using LB is just better overall in terms of boss dps. Certainly in P3 it would appear to minimize risk of AoEing the adds and making artificial DPS…but I agree your overall DPS seems on the low side.

Frost bomb is pure pad on Garrosh since the adds don't need to be damage by anyone other than the tank.

Biggest issue I run into is waiting forever for procs to use icy veins and at, realize I'm waiting to long , pop them and immediately get both trinkets lol. Anything at all I can do or just chalk it up to rng?

KTT and meta proc on the pull every time, it's in their design. So just pop glyphed icy veins from the pull after applying your bomb and that will give you a higher chance of proccing bindings sooner.

I run 10 mans and guild no longer has the raid haste buff so I'm wondering what will work best for me as frost. I re-gemmed and such to reach 50% haste self buffed and 63% Mastery raid buffed but wondering if this is the best way to go. I've used simc with this build and changing all gems to mastery gems but this build 50% haste sims higher but not real sure if sim is correct. I can reach 76% mastery raid buffed and 41% Haste self buffed (13,553) this keep sims about 2k less than the haste setup. Anyone care to share any thoughts on what works best when lacking the haste buff? Not really sure what way to try tonight never ran without the buff before any tips or info would be great. Thanks

Won't let me post link to toon but it's Phígment on Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Phig View Post
    I run 10 mans and guild no longer has the raid haste buff so I'm wondering what will work best for me as frost. I re-gemmed and such to reach 50% haste self buffed and 63% Mastery raid buffed but wondering if this is the best way to go. I've used simc with this build and changing all gems to mastery gems but this build 50% haste sims higher but not real sure if sim is correct. I can reach 76% mastery raid buffed and 41% Haste self buffed (13,553) this keep sims about 2k less than the haste setup. Anyone care to share any thoughts on what works best when lacking the haste buff? Not really sure what way to try tonight never ran without the buff before any tips or info would be great. Thanks

Won't let me post link to toon but it's Phígment on Kel'Thuzad
    Id look at the mixed haste/mastery build and go with that. Just check for which haste break point your closest to and move the rest to mastery.

Ok I must say this is SOOOOOOO much information and so much reading i have spent literally about 3 hours hoping back and forth in the pages trying to digest the information handed to me. I have always raided arcane (lower gear) then always hardcore FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the time has come for me to give frost a shot. I just got back into the game after taking a long break. My gear isnt that great (ugh i cant link armory here yet)
    What do you guys suggest me changing gem/reforge? Ty guys

Bloodypanty -korgath

Hey there, I see you got a good amount of haste already so you could reforge a bit out of haste down to 9522 (with frost armor and spell haste-buff in raid) and then the rest in mastery. Gave me good results at least, then added more haste as I got gear but going all out haste is also viable but maybe a bit harder to master if you want decent deeps as soon as possible.

My two cents at least!
    twitter.com/the_narsha

If I were to go for a mastery build with frost get haste to 9522 and replace all pure and hybrid haste gems with mastery?

Ninxt-Stormrage can't post links yet

Sounds good, get hit to 15%, then haste to 9522 and put rest in mastery and voila you have yourself a mastery build like shown in the guide! If you use Ask Mister Robot you will find stat weights there too!
    twitter.com/the_narsha

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Breia/simple

So I got some upgrades, but it put me under 12684 haste and I can't reach it. Should I go for 9522 haste and then mastery?

I don't have enough crit gear for fire and I perform much much better as frost than as arcane, so switching specs isn't really an option right now