Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey dudes.

I'm atm using mastery build, but I'm about to start heroic progression so I know sometimes I'll need to go haste or misture. So, I want some perspective about how much damage/dps I should be doing. I don't need exact numbers, just something like "You should be doing around X k dps on this fight." Just so I know I'm doing things properly or not.

I've read the foruns and I try to do my best, keep bomb and evocation up, snapshott and etc.

~wow/en/character/azralon/Kharlia/advanced

PS: I know my trinket is a shame, I've been killing dark shaman for weeks now, using coins all the time but no KTT, also no BBoY even on flex, I'm actually so unlucky. T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have enough gear, try this:

Check out how strange it makes my gear look but how awesome the stats end up being!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kraen/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrus View Post
    *Clarkson Voice* Sweeeeeeeeeet *end Clarkson Voice* - so few people can actually move around enough stats to get this combination. It's very hard to make 18960, 28% crit, and ~10k mastery.

Now we raid! Share your parses/experiences.

I'm going to run this setup for at least a solid month on every fight.

You do need some great itemization, I have tons of heroic pieces with 4 of them warforged but cant get under 11k mastery and that much haste without sacrificing crit. Doing the same stat weights but with 14242 haste instead, should work out fine.
    twitter.com/the_narsha

So to sort of go along with your PBOI crit love I've been seeing lately, I was actually wondering if a massively high mastery crit build with very little haste would perform for single target, just banking super high icicle damage. Been thinking of testing it out since I tanked all my Arc parses by server xferring

Yeah, we tried that. It performs just fine, great even. It just feels like shit. For practical purposes, it is less viable due to unnecessary immobility from longer casts/evo channels.

I rolled with that for a week, can't remember exactly but rolled way over 100% mastery > crit > haste. The numbers were decent for sure but as I am used to a much faster playstyle frost with low haste feel so clunky and slow. It may be a bit better on ST but the stats are so close to eachother I rather play 14242 haste > 28% crit > mastery >>> haste for the fastflowing damagedealing womanstealing sexyfeeling playstyle.

Edit: I am too slow today! +1 for Meth, specially terrible to start pull sequence 1-2 second earlier than normal ><
    twitter.com/the_narsha

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    So to sort of go along with your PBOI crit love I've been seeing lately, I was actually wondering if a massively high mastery crit build with very little haste would perform for single target, just banking super high icicle damage. Been thinking of testing it out since I tanked all my Arc parses by server xferring
    I ran 104% mastery, 6k haste and about 30-32% crit and my Icicle damage was consistently doing 30-36% of my damage. Close behind that was my Welly. If you're used to the 9.76k haste breakpoint for arcane then it's very easy to transition to this. It was basically just massive Icicles being built up and ignoring Ice Lance unless for movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, everything works for frost. Seriously, everything.

It's about finding the right balance of things-- maximization is in the sum of the individual benefits and the relative benefits.

Up to this point we only analyzed individual benefits -or- relative benefits. I'm working on a version 3.0 of my guide that puts this into more mathematical (and visual) terms. Now, before people go freaking out - the 3 frost builds aren't wrong, don't worry. I just want to clean up the guide to accomplish the following:

-Convey the meaning of creating a personal stat build
    -Directions to modify your own personal stat weights to maximize overall DPS
    -Substantive demonstration of the math behind the conclusion I've finally come to on 5.4 Frost
    -Summary of how each build relates to each situation in a raid encounter

I'm also thinking of a way to make it more interactive, to allow for "feeling" since honestly, Frost comes down to that. Kuni's style outperforms Akraen's style if Kuni is playing Kuni's style but Akraen's style outperforms Kuni's style if Akraen is playing Akraen's style-- just for example.

I've been reading some great texts on quantum mechanics lately, and some of the math/logic about collapsing wave functions as an observer becomes entangled in object(s) is very similar (though obviously analogous, mechanically nothing alike, @FROSTY) to my theory on how the player interaction changes the outcome of a spec. It's not quantifiable and will never be "solved" and a "best" will never be "proven."

V3.0 will be my final update before WoD and I'm only putting it in a place where it can be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I'm also thinking of a way to make it more interactive, to allow for "feeling" since honestly, Frost comes down to that. Kuni's style outperforms Akraen's style if Kuni is playing Kuni's style but Akraen's style outperforms Kuni's style if Akraen is playing Akraen's style-- just for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

hah, awesome! +1 for using Tim Gunn

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You and me both. I just woke up, then read that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    You and me both. I just woke up, then read that.
    Haha, it makes sense! It's a very confusing condensed version of what's in your guide!

Does AMR do all this for me or should i be careful with it? Does it follow what you say in this guide?

AMR does what you tell it too, in the guide there is stat weights for the different builds you can put into AMR (Edit weights) and it will tell you have to gem/reforge. It can also tell you which pieces of loot to wear but it do for example overvalue the 4-piece for frost so you should take a good look at what it tells you with the gearing guide in mind.
    twitter.com/the_narsha

Ok thanks

The only thing i done so far is edit the soft haste for living bomb tick @ 9522. Now should i start gem reforging or edit more stuff?

Deleted
    Did you know that if you have a budget of 3, it makes more sense to do 1.5 * 1.5 than 2 * 1?

thanks for the great guide allways loved frost thanks for making others know how great it is

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...themage/simple

any tips would be nice
    Last edited by NjxCrash; 2014-03-30 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NjxCrash View Post
    thanks for the great guide allways loved frost thanks for making others know how great it is

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...themage/simple

any tips would be nice
    You're way below the hit cap. You need that fixed ASAP.
    You're also ignoring several socket bonuses, and there is no reason to do that with your gear.