Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    It will be done in Paint, you shall all bare witness to my amazing PAINT skills! give me 20 minutes.
    johnprescott #1 forum avatar-2014

You can probably go frost with the gear you have. Do you have any other pieces you can substitute?
    Last edited by Methusula; 2014-04-29 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    johnprescott #1 forum avatar-2014

You can probably go frost with the gear you have. Do you have any other pieces you can substitute?
    Oh yes, absolutely. If you can at least clear the 14242 haste bar, you can absolutely do frost. Our stats are so damn equal that no matter how much trial and error I or any others do, in excel or simcraft... there's no clear answer. I even proved the viability of crit/haste frost!

Deleted
    Sorry to be going off topic again (last one i promise)

but akraen, im IN love with you.

also i suppose since i cleared cms gold as frost in full crit gear, i can try reforge plots with current gear and go frost, thanks again akraen baby xoxoxoxo

EDIT: god bless you Methusula!
    Last edited by mmocc301d76c10; 2014-04-30 at 11:02 AM.

IF I can get to 15832 haste, SHOULD I?

I'm thinking yes because I am using frost bomb/nt a lot more... but I always figure I should ask

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    IF I can get to 15832 haste, SHOULD I?

I'm thinking yes because I am using frost bomb/nt a lot more... but I always figure I should ask
    Most people don't, but there's no real reason to tell you not to :P Just be wary, the more haste you get, the more pro you must be with your uptimes or it's all for naught.

Deleted
    Hi there... a quick question (sorry if it's been asked already). From what I understood, 14242 is the haste breakpoint we're supposed to get... right now (with just frost armor) my haste (i'm a gnome mage) says:
    Haste: +41.40% (haste 13662 +32.15%)

With raid buffs, is that enough to hit 14.242? Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Hi there... a quick question (sorry if it's been asked already). From what I understood, 14242 is the haste breakpoint we're supposed to get... right now (with just frost armor) my haste (i'm a gnome mage) says:
    Haste: +41.40% (haste 13662 +32.15%)

With raid buffs, is that enough to hit 14.242? Thank you!
    Rating itself doesn't change, which is why I try to tell people to ignore the percentages, because they're a bit more complicated.

If you have 13662 rating, that never changes. So when we say to go for 14242, that's what we mean. Raid buffs only add percentages, and the goal here is 50% raid buffed. So you're still a bit short of it. It's not so much a breakpoint because breakpoints are for ticks of bombs, which are notably at 9577, 12684 (NT), and 18967/19347 (a big one). 14242 is a soft-cap, so it's ok to be +/-, it's just a point in which the relative value of mastery beats out haste unless you reach often impossible snapshotting/uptime/APM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Rating itself doesn't change, which is why I try to tell people to ignore the percentages, because they're a bit more complicated.

If you have 13662 rating, that never changes. So when we say to go for 14242, that's what we mean. Raid buffs only add percentages, and the goal here is 50% raid buffed. So you're still a bit short of it. It's not so much a breakpoint because breakpoints are for ticks of bombs, which are notably at 9577, 12684 (NT), and 18967/19347 (a big one). 14242 is a soft-cap, so it's ok to be +/-, it's just a point in which the relative value of mastery beats out haste unless you reach often impossible snapshotting/uptime/APM.
    Thank you for the quick reply, now I understood. One last thing... to reach 50% raid buffed haste, I just calculated I would lose 2% mastery and about 240 spellpower (and 220 intellect as well).
    Do you think it's worth the trade off or should I stick with the stats I got now?
    Thank you a lot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzer View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply, now I understood. One last thing... to reach 50% raid buffed haste, I just calculated I would lose 2% mastery and about 240 spellpower (and 220 intellect as well).
    Do you think it's worth the trade off or should I stick with the stats I got now?
    Thank you a lot!
    I assume you came from 13662 haste, definitely get 14242.

Deleted
    is there a bis frost gear list anywhere? im not sure how reliable the icyveins one is.

This is the BiS list for frost. I can't remember the names of items so I just wrote where they're from.

Head: Garrosh
    Neck: Shamans
    Shoulders: Tier
    Cloak: Legendary
    Chest: Fallen Protectors
    Bracers: Spoils
    Gloves: Tier
    Belt: IJ
    Legs: IJ
    Boots: Galakras
    Ring 1: Thok
    Ring 2: Galakras
    Trinket 1: Shamans
    Trinket 2: Immerseus

Weapon: Nazgrim/Spoils
    Off-hand: Garrosh

Weapon doesn't really matter just get the first 580 that drops
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    This is the BiS list for frost. I can't remember the names of items so I just wrote where they're from.

Head: Garrosh
    Neck: Shamans
    Shoulders: Tier
    Cloak: Legendary
    Chest: Fallen Protectors
    Bracers: Spoils
    Gloves: Tier
    Belt: IJ
    Legs: IJ
    Boots: Galakras
    Ring 1: Thok
    Ring 2: Galakras
    Trinket 1: Shamans
    Trinket 2: Immerseus

Weapon: Nazgrim/Spoils
    Off-hand: Garrosh

Weapon doesn't really matter just get the first 580 that drops
    This is true no matter what haste build you go for, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got impatient waiting for wowhead and AMR to update. So I made my own view of how things will look in 5.4.8

I'll be able to go for 28k breakpoint actually. I just need to switch to Blacksmithing, grab Galakras' ring, either pair of haste bracers, and switch my boots to my HWF Sha Sandals (already have).

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I got impatient waiting for wowhead and AMR to update. So I made my own view of how things will look in 5.4.8

I'll be able to go for 28k breakpoint actually. I just need to switch to Blacksmithing, grab Galakras' ring, either pair of haste bracers, and switch my boots to my HWF Sha Sandals (already have).

Can't wait!
    It's funny I was just coming here to ask if you think we will be able to ht the next haste break with upgrades.

The mere thought of actually going for 28k haste makes me laugh out loud
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying I recommend anyone else do it.

I just want to see :P

Pretty sure arcane is gonna stomp over anything any frost or fire build will be able to do at 588, anyway. Might as well just have fun until WoD.

With the availability of a 588 Purified Bindings, would you say that a Crit/Haste build is potentially even more viable than it was previously?

Honestly, I can't get below 28% Crit right now anyway in my gear, but I'm wondering if it could become something worthwhile to actually shoot for with the huge damage bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulski View Post
    With the availability of a 588 Purified Bindings, would you say that a Crit/Haste build is potentially even more viable than it was previously?

Honestly, I can't get below 28% Crit right now anyway in my gear, but I'm wondering if it could become something worthwhile to actually shoot for with the huge damage bonus.
    Yes, I do think haste/crit is one of the potential ways to go (check my armory, I've settled on haste/crit and really have been loving it). The 3 build thing might turn into a 2 build option, but I'm not sure yet.

Haste/Crit or Mastery/Crit. Either way, with 588 amplification you're going to want crit past shatter cap.

It's not ironed out yet but there will be two weird points where frost "breaks"
    Extreme mastery, >105% or so, where you no longer use FoF-IceLance. Just don't bother with it.
    Extreme haste, either just during unglyphed IV+meta+heroism, or if you reach true maximum haste meta+hero, where you can just spam frost bomb and FFB.

Either way, we are able to get to a point where FFB gets below the gcd in a pure haste build. That has some prospect.

Hey everyone, I just returned on Sunday after a year long break. I have just completed LFR but am just looking for a shove in the right direction I suppose. I went with the 12684 haste break point as I am still getting comfortable playing again but can easily reach the 14242 break point as well. Keep farming LFR? At the moment i don't have access to a permanent raiding spot...but did just finish the legendary cloak quest!!!

Thanks for any advice.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loden/advanced

Sorry no logs as I just returned......