Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    The Aftermath
    ^^ what he said

Aftermath of what? I feel like I've missed something big
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My mage is currently running a pure haste build, it has around 22.6k which is in between one of the higher DoT breakpoints. Is it worth dropping some haste for mastery, or is haste still decent even above DoT breakpoints?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    My mage is currently running a pure haste build, it has around 22.6k which is in between one of the higher DoT breakpoints. Is it worth dropping some haste for mastery, or is haste still decent even above DoT breakpoints?
    Haste scales the DPS of bombs linearly within each additional tick. It does this by reducing the DoT duration below 12 sec, but like a rubber band, once you get to a breakpoint it snaps back to 12 sec and adds a new tick, and begins to stretch again before the next tick.

So yeah it's fine to keep stacking haste. Though personally I've been enjoying crit more than mastery as my second stat.

hey akrean question when applying dots im running the 19k haste build so i know snap shotting is very important but how often should i be re apllying them i know cutting the dots short is bad sometimes. lets say both my trinks proc i put the dot on should i reapply right before they are done procced or just let it fully tick??

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using my privileges as a moderator to bump this thread back to the top of page 1.
    My magic will tear you apart.

im building my mage to focus primarily on heroic garrosh. our strat has a decent bit of movement, does having high movement make haste more valuable over crit and mastery? my gut says yes but not sure

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well haste is always nice, but I guess the double blink/Ice Floes is all that's needed really, since you have so many instant procs you can use in times of heavy movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    I'm using my privileges as a moderator to bump this thread back to the top of page 1.
    You could use your mod powers to sticky it to page 1 XD XD XD XD XD jk

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You could use your mod powers to sticky it to page 1 XD XD XD XD XD jk
    yeah wtf you bump it but wont sticky it?

ridiculous.

on topic: 19k or whatever haste is always good for frost, but that much is a little high imo. for garrosh you really want to maximize boss damage so more haste past the 14242 breakpoint is kind of a wash. i prefer a mixed build at that breakpoint

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    on topic: 19k or whatever haste is always good for frost, but that much is a little high imo. for garrosh you really want to maximize boss damage so more haste past the 14242 breakpoint is kind of a wash. i prefer a mixed build at that breakpoint
    I ran 19k for one or two clears a while ago, and aside from protectors I never saw the appeal to it. I did just about the same damage as I (and other mages) do with the 14k breakpoint, interestingly enough on single-target LB didn't really do a lot more damage. Which kind of corresponds with the "don't snapshot bombs", I felt the extra tick just didn't do a lot overall.

Looking through the top frost mage logs on WCL, literally no frost mage is running 19k haste. I do top 10 rank every now and then with 14k haste, but I don't remember getting anywhere close to that with 19k haste.

Deleted
    Great guide!

Hello fellow mages,

Here's my current gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...D0%BE/advanced

I've just got myself a BBoY heroic (non-wf) and I wonder whether I should switch KTT to it. I really won't be able to get any new breakpoint and will remain on 19347. Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotfood View Post
    My mind = blown
    Please post constructively.

bboy has much higher int and u can snapshot your bombs take the bboy

Quote Originally Posted by NjxCrash View Post
    The haste from BBoYS is used by your Welly, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NjxCrash View Post
    Snapshotting your bombs provides a miniscule dps gain, at best. Not worth it.

But BBoY is better than KTT for a haste build, I believe.