Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    fights are getting more and more boring to watch as they progress. =[
    they do however look pretty difficult tho so big gz!

Good Job Paragon..Sorry Method!!

One more addition to Darkmoon Fair...

Quote Originally Posted by Slappyjoe View Post
    The entire profession system in WoW is severely outdated at this point. At the very least, they should completely separate the gathering professions from the production ones. It's silly that gathering characters even exist simply because it was arbitrarily decided years ago that characters should have to specialize in picking flowers.

Don't you mean combine? Gathering professions are already separate.

The only profession right now that has a "gathering" type of thing is enchanting. I think they should revamp it to where if you pick up say, LW, you automatically get skinning. They have to get rid of the gathering perks but combining them makes more sense.
    Last edited by taheen74; 2013-10-07 at 11:11 PM.
    "When you've got to get down, but can't find the elevator, you have to do it any way you can. Even if it's with a shovel."- Dark Tower II: Drawing of the Three, Stephen King
    Juju's kgpanels: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/jujus-kgpanels Juju's blog: http://mouthygoblin.weebly.com/jujus-blog.html#/

10+ Year Old Account
    uh there is a lot of people answering the poll incorrectly .... incoming professions nerf on alts ... gg folks

Professions

Professions have lost their fun. Now it takes so long to grind the materials in order to grind the recipe discovery that by the time you can make anything useful it's long past it's usefulness. I think Blizzard just keeps professions around to keep players busy.. give them something to do that is a complete waste of time. Unfortunately, I'm a completionist, so I'm dumb enough to keep that tread wheel going even though it's not even enjoyable anymore.

I never wanted to get rich off professions by having all the recipes for all the professions. I just wanted to be able to craft things for myself without paying the ridiculous amounts people ask for when only a few people are willing to make it. There was a time when you could work hard to perfect your craft and ultimately make something useful for yourself. The iLevel churn has gotten to the point where if Blizzard allowed you to make something useful today, it's going to be worthless tomorrow... okay... maybe in two weeks.

Blizzard will argue that this is the result of player demand for more content faster. Well who said that the players wanted more iLevel grind. I don't remember Blizzard asking anybody what players wanted in terms of more content faster. That leaves a lot to interpretation. Do we really want to grind new iLevels every few months? Not my idea of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally.... I prefer the Skyrim method of professions. The player can master all profession given the time, effort, and persistence to do so.

Also, do we really need a bazillion recipes to learn to make the daily discovery last along time? I mean... at this point we have the same piece of armor reworked 4 different ways with class specific binds. Same ilevel, same stat budget, but one for each class with of that armor type. Imagine the time and effort saved if that was one recipe that attuned itself to a class when equipped... Thunder Forged Mantle of the .... <equip> *POOF* HUNTER
    Last edited by Wormweir; 2013-10-09 at 11:56 PM.

Account-wide professions were mentioned. There is one profession that should be account-wide and that is ENCHANTING. It would solve the problems of people not having enchanting mats or being forced to pay huge AH prices for them.

- - - Updated - - -

I've taken the time to level ALL the professions on various alts. Some I have multiples of (alchemy, enchanting, JC, tailor-for the extra cloth). This was a deliberate choice. Nearly all of my toons have a crafting profession AND a gathering profession to feed the professions of all while leveling a toon. I would be VERY unhappy if the number of professions per account were limited in any way.

Missing option in Poll #1: "I only leveled profession alts because the achievement told me to."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wormweir View Post
    wear-with-all
    You know, if you have no clue how to spell something, instead of just making it up, you actually *are* allowed to consult a dictionary and/or the internet.