Deleted

New resto druid looking for improvement

Hey, I just rerolled my druid to my main. And I now fall behind our Shaman healer, which I had no problem with in ToT (ofc they got buffed but I stille feel like I'm a better healer than what I'm preforming) I got logs for this nights SoO, I've looked it over and I can't see what the problem is, tbh I don't even know what to look for. If anyone can see what I might be doing wrong, I would be happy to know what I can improve.

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c2eeahjoqv48rh1s/

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tible/advanced (I have enchanted gloves with mastery, back with int and boots with Panda steps)

Thanks in advance

I'm not great at looking at logs and seeing whats wrong but i just compared your fights to mine and one major thing i noticed is that your not using rejuv much? I thought it might be that your lacking spirit therefore can't afford to spend the mana rejuv coating but your around 13k mana and regen trinket + innervate you should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gem mastery instead of intellect
    Red: mastery+int
    Yellow: mastery
    Blue: mastery+spirit

You should go for the 3043 haste breakpoint. Get yourself to a comfortable spirit then haste to 3043 and rest mastery.
    Since I'm not on my computer I'll check the logs later on.

You have too much haste. You want 3043 or as close as you can to that, or 13163. Being in between is a severe waste of stats so definitely don't be forging to haste. You spirit is fine - I run with less but I do have the Dismorphic trinket from Blackfuse and that's very helpful. Wild charge is probably the weakest of the 3 talents in that tier. Displacer is a blink with a sprint (very helpful to catch up to tanks or move out of crap) and the 15% movement speed is also a better choice in most druid's opinion.

As for healing, I agree with Blayzee about the rejuv thing. You could easily cast wayyy more. Rejuv is typically 35-50% of my heals in my 10 man. Your harmony uptime is very good and on most of the boss fights I chose your lifebloom uptime is also good. On your Galakras kill, you only used tranquility once even though the fight was almost 9 minutes long. I use mine at the beginning, while the bonecrusher guys are doing their aoe, and then I use it again before going up the 2nd tower, and a third time near the end of the fight when the damage is high. It may not strictly be needed early on, but it saves mana for the end of the phase. You're also not using Nature's vigil on cooldown either. In order for it to be better than HotW, it must be used on cooldown.

You're casting nourish, which is a huge no-no. It is NOT a good use of time or mana - it'd be better to just rejuv them and let it tick up than waste time with nourish.

Other than these things, there's nothing severely wrong with your healing. Shamans did get a rather large buff and especially on fights where there isn't a whole lot of healing to be done, shamans pull ahead of druids. They don't have to rely on hots as much as we do so they can quickly heal people up before your hots get a chance. You're not very far behind and you even beat him on some fights, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Definitely fix you haste break point and your CD usage, as well as increasing the number of rejuvenation you throw out and you should see a decent increase in your healing.

side note: that Nazgrim trinket is probably the weakest one for us and if you have it, I'd use Horridon's Last Gasp from ToT. If you don't then try to get any of the other trinkets to replace it. That trinket is stronger for direct healers - shamans, pallies, and disc priests. Personally, I'm going for PPP from Sha of Pride and the Dismorphic one from Blackfuse for my main ones, with Thok's being my replacement when I don't need double regen trinkets to keep up with my aggressive healing style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for your time, I've been told I want 4.7k haste but I guess that was wrong. I guess I an use my reju, but going from monk to druid has made me think "Always cast something", therefor I tend to use nourish as filler when I do nothing. What goes for my trinkets, I just rerolled and went from a 509 druid to 544 in 2 weeks, had the timeless trinket (not upgraded) and this one is doing 3-4% of my healing. I use coin every time in the hope of getting triket from sha. The reason why I can top that shaman is is my oppion that he is not that good of a healer, in our raid we have our monk/paladin tank, our shaman, and our one warlock who can give us minor setback, while they might do fine on meters, they have a habbit of sticking to they ideas and not looking from improvements.

But again thanks for your time, and I will change my haste and go for more mastery and hope it will improve my healing

Looking at the logs, you're doing good overall but have room for improvement.

- Harmony uptime could be better on some fights. It's overall good, but there's some room for improvement.
    - Lifebloom uptime could be better. It's overall okay, but you're slipping on a lot of fights. It's also at one or two stacks a lot on some fights (check Fallen Protectors).
    - Nature's Vigil use is good, but you don't use Incarnation much. You used it 7 times in 10 fights, out of a realistic maximum of 22 uses. Consider getting SotF instead?
    - Innervate use is okay, but you're delaying the first use a bit more than necessary and losing potential uses on some fights. Could mean you have too much spirit.
    - As far as I can tell, you didn't use Nature's Swiftness even once. There are a few of deaths in the logs that might have been preventable by a quick NS+HT.
    - You could be more aggressive with Ironbark use. You had 23 uses in 60 minutes of fighting. You could use it twice as often and still have it available when you need it.
    - You could use Tranquility a lot more. You typically don't use it at all for the first 4-5 minutes of each fight. On Nazgrim you got hit by Warsong five times, but no Tranquility.
    - 168 casts of Nourish. If you need to refresh Lifebloom, recasting Lifebloom costs less mana. If you want healing, Swiftmend and Rejuvenation (with or without Genesis) are more mana efficient. Between Swiftmend and Clearcasting, you shouldn't need it to keep Harmony up. Your nourishes have 66.5% overhealing and are basically 1,028,160 mana down the drain.
    - Your Rejuvenation healing is a bit on the low side. You should be able to use it more aggressively without draining your mana. When in doubt, pre-HoT.

TL;DR: Uptimes are good but could be better. Use cooldowns more aggressively. Spam Rejuvenation instead of Nourish.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Yeah I'm almost using rejuv as a filler now it seems

Quote Originally Posted by Acubed View Post
    Yeah I'm almost using rejuv as a filler now it seems
    OP, this. This is the entire reason of running a high spirit build, especially if you're in 25 man. RJ should become your filler. Get a WA to track your meta proc and every time it procs, stop, drop, and roll 3 RJ (you can get 3 in if you're reacting to it, if you were already about to cast one when it procs you can usually get 4) on anybody. Past that, just RJ almost anyone who takes damage. You'll quickly see exactly what your mana can and can't sustain RJ-wise, and if you feel you need to increase spirit, then you know what to do from there. If not, same thing.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    OP, this. This is the entire reason of running a high spirit build, especially if you're in 25 man. RJ should become your filler. Get a WA to track your meta proc and every time it procs, stop, drop, and roll 3 RJ (you can get 3 in if you're reacting to it, if you were already about to cast one when it procs you can usually get 4) on anybody. Past that, just RJ almost anyone who takes damage. You'll quickly see exactly what your mana can and can't sustain RJ-wise, and if you feel you need to increase spirit, then you know what to do from there. If not, same thing.
    I'm not particularly fond of this type of healing in a 10 man setting. I agree with the meta proc advice, but using rejuv as a "filler" in 10 man seems counter-productive to me. I'd rather spec filler time dpsing or doing some sort of utility in the fight than to sit there throwing rejuvs that will go to overhealing ... or even stack a seed on the tank and/or cast/cancel Regrowth if it's a tough tank damage fight. I'll blanket rejuvs during heavy raid damage or in anticipation of heavy raid damage ... but otherwise I wouldn't just cast them for funzies!

I might get infracted for going off topic but isn't it amazing to see a bunch of those ppl that rerolled monk healer early in the xpac coming back to their resto druids now? Would love to see some stats about that...

And to ur healing style, I have to agree with the use of nourish.... You just don't see too many high end resto druids spending time with nourish... Seriously, rejuv cost almost as much and heals for a lot more. If you feel ur rejuv is just going to get sniped by someone then just don't heal it, save ur mana to when its needed. Or maybe it won't be such a bad thing since some of that overheal will go into your mushrooms (assuming it isn't fully charged). I can't see where nourish would even deserve a spot in our action bars right now.

As for the meta procs, be smart about it and depending on the type of damage that is going out you can either squeeze a WG and a couple of rejuvs or maybe do some RG spam in case some ppl just need to be quickly topped off. Have an addon to track its proc and take advantage of it, even if ur just going to toss rejuv on ppl that don't need, at least you are charging your mushrooms. If that thing proc and you didn't cast anything ur just gimping ur self.

Quote Originally Posted by manamonster View Post
    I'm not particularly fond of this type of healing in a 10 man setting. I agree with the meta proc advice, but using rejuv as a "filler" in 10 man seems counter-productive to me. I'd rather spec filler time dpsing or doing some sort of utility in the fight than to sit there throwing rejuvs that will go to overhealing ... or even stack a seed on the tank and/or cast/cancel Regrowth if it's a tough tank damage fight. I'll blanket rejuvs during heavy raid damage or in anticipation of heavy raid damage ... but otherwise I wouldn't just cast them for funzies!
    You don't have to use it as a filler in the sense of "fill every single GCD", but Rejuvenation should be your go-to spell when someone only needs a little bit of healing. If no one actually needs that healing and Harmony/Lifebloom aren't about to fall off, just stop casting for a while. Expect to have free GCDs pretty frequently. Casting heals that aren't needed just forces you to stack more spirit than you really need, at the cost of throughput stats that would have been useful when people actually do need healing.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    I might get infracted for going off topic but isn't it amazing to see a bunch of those ppl that rerolled monk healer early in the xpac coming back to their resto druids now? Would love to see some stats about that...
    I did that, so I don't find it very strange. A new HoT-based healing spec was added, so of course you have to try it. Mistweavers were fun to play in beta, and okay in 5.1, but after that they just got progressively less interesting. After Chi Wave/Burst were changed to not cost chi anymore, I just gave up on that spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I did that, so I don't find it very strange. A new HoT-based healing spec was added, so of course you have to try it. Mistweavers were fun to play in beta, and okay in 5.1, but after that they just got progressively less interesting. After Chi Wave/Burst were changed to not cost chi anymore, I just gave up on that spec.
    I think that was the problem, the fact that everyone assumed it was a "Hot based healing spec". It's really not. I mean, of course it is, technically, but the playstyle doesn't fit under "healing over time" in my opinion, not like a druid does.

I mean, the efficient heal is a channel hot, which I look at as more of a channel than a hot, since I can't cast it and then go do something else while it heals.

The big heal is a burst hot, and aside from ReM it's the closest thing to a true hot the class has, but due to being expensive, short, and single target, it's not cast much unless tank healing or emergency healing. Meaning, it isn't a huge portion of the play of the class, much like Healing Touch and Nourish aren't for us.

The expensive heal isn't a hot.

ReM is a hot, but it's a bit of a combination of EF due to length, RJ due to it being a HoT, and WG due to not being able to control who it goes on other than who you cast it on. You can only control where 1/3 of it ever goes. Yes, it's the top heal, but this it's not even really "play" it's just using an 8 second CD off cd.

The "play" part of it, the reason I don't feel it plays as a "hot based" class, is because

Uplift is not a hot. It heals who has the hot on them, but it's not a hot. It's a direct heal, and an AoE heal. But it's direct, it's not a hot. It's usually the 2nd heal behind ReM, which is only the top heal because of the necessity of having it for Uplift and because it has a long duration. The "play" of the class is all about managing your chi to know when and when not to Uplift to get maximum output out of the spell.

Then you got SCK, not a hot.
    You got Revival, not a hot.
    You got Eminence, not a hot.
    You got Chi Wave or Chi Burst which aren't hots, I don't think anyone actually uses Zen Sphere do they? I'm not an expert so idk.

Can't remember if I'm missing anything.

But my point is, while yes, the class has HoTs, and yes, the 2 top heals is a hot and something that heals people based on said hot, that since most actual GCDs aren't spent on HoTs, I feel that it's really NOT a hot-based class, and I think that's where the disappointment came in for a lot of Druids-went-monks who were expecting it to be one. I feel it's more of an intricate dance, something you really need to know your moves before hand to get just right, a far far more proactive playstyle than a reactive one, such as Druid, where you're constantly reacting to who to place RJ on and who to spend free RG on and who to roll LB on etc. Monk feels more like ReM on cd so you're prepared to Uplift when you need to, use Chi Wave/Burst on cd, then either just punch the boss or channel soothing to get chi so you can Uplift more. I know it's more complicated than that but since I'm not constantly choosing where to place new Hots, I don't feel it earns the "hot based class" title.

But, that's just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Aoroc; 2013-10-10 at 01:10 AM.

I mean, the efficient heal is a channel hot, which I look at as more of a channel than a hot, since I can't cast it and then go do something else while it heals.
    But you can, assuming that something is a direct heal cast on the target you're channeling Soothing Mists on. The statue also basically lets you channel Soothing Mist on a second target.

Then you got SCK, not a hot.
    You got Chi Wave or Chi Burst which aren't hots...
    Unless you pick the Rushing Jade Wind talent. If you do, SCK is an AoE HoT. And Chi Wave's travel time makes it rather HoT-like in how it works.

You can only control where 1/3 of it ever goes. Yes, it's the top heal, but this it's not even really "play" it's just using an 8 second CD off cd.
    This was my main issue with the spec. With Renewing Mist being smart target, Chi Wave being smart target, Eminence being smart target, Uplift being tied to the smart targeting of Renewing Mist, and Spinning Crane Kick being AoE, I never really had to care about anyone's health. You can play a Mistweaver more or less like a DPS.

Overall, the spec like a collection of good ideas for spells with nothing to bind them together. I'm sure it'll be a nice spec in 6.3, but right now it just feels odd.