this is probably just me!!!

first of all i am a casual gamer to wow now, i log on roughly about 4-6 hours per week if im lucky but i try to keep up on how everything is going each day and ive followed progression of the top guilds every new exp/patch and ive found that something is missing :-

is this right???? - roughly 2-3 weeks after the new patch and garrosh hc is downed!!!! - dont get me wrong, hats off to method for doing it,and im sure blood legion wont be far behind, but doesnt it feel a bit,meh what do we do now, sort of thing??? - i mean it wasnt a few expansions ago where it seemed u had to do normal instances to get the keys and gear to do hc instances, where u got the keys to enter the first raid which was available to you??? - basically u had to do the instances to get the gear to do the raids and the more gear you got the better you done in raids, now it just seems like.....new patch, new daillies, new gear, new raid, 2 weeks later all done and dusted....idk, is it me or is it just how the game is now????

i still enjoy the game when i do play but it seems like the euphoria of when a top guild downs a boss has lost its edge and i really dont know why!! - except to say that either the bosses are easier or it really is that easy to get the gear in order to kill the boss

You mean Method going at it 12+ hours per day, seeven days a week for two weeks straight? The amount of dedication guilds put into heroic raiding these days completely dwarves what people were doing in the past.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Always found it weird when people base their enjoyment/fun on others non-interfering achivement

Alternatively, they could buff heroic bosses so that it takes cutting-edge guilds 2 months to kill the final boss, and forever for the rest of guilds.

The raids are tuned around average guilds being able to spend the majority of the patch tearing at the content. It shouldn't be a surprise that some of the best guilds are clearing it quickly.

Argh... this again? Really?

Guilds like Method have be been practicing (albeit normal modes) on the PTR well in advance of the patch. They're all BiS going into new content. They raid crazy hours, day in day out until the beat the encounter.

Method (and guilds like them) put in more raiding hours per week (during progression) than most players do in a month... maybe 2 months! Of course Garrosh is down. If they made him hard enough so the likes of Method took 2-3 months to kill him, the rest of the players wouldn't even come close until the encounter was nerfed or players buffed.

Deal with it.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-10-06 at 10:03 PM.

If it takes more than a couple of weeks for guilds of that skill level and dedication to clear content the rest of the community will literally never be able to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at some of the Paragon posts, people are saying it took them over 600 attempts on garrosh hc, that's insane.

But I'm not sure why other people beating something in game has any effect on your enjoyment of it?

Quote Originally Posted by btf View Post
    first of all i am a casual gamer to wow now, i log on roughly about 4-6 hours per week if im lucky but i try to keep up on how everything is going each day and ive followed progression of the top guilds every new exp/patch and ive found that something is missing :-

is this right???? - roughly 2-3 weeks after the new patch and garrosh hc is downed!!!! - dont get me wrong, hats off to method for doing it,and im sure blood legion wont be far behind, but doesnt it feel a bit,meh what do we do now, sort of thing??? - i mean it wasnt a few expansions ago where it seemed u had to do normal instances to get the keys and gear to do hc instances, where u got the keys to enter the first raid which was available to you??? - basically u had to do the instances to get the gear to do the raids and the more gear you got the better you done in raids, now it just seems like.....new patch, new daillies, new gear, new raid, 2 weeks later all done and dusted....idk, is it me or is it just how the game is now????

i still enjoy the game when i do play but it seems like the euphoria of when a top guild downs a boss has lost its edge and i really dont know why!! - except to say that either the bosses are easier or it really is that easy to get the gear in order to kill the boss
    Yeah just you.

Gettin upset because a group of friends are playing better and have their own free time. Quit bein jelly and deal with it.

Let's go back it the other way how long after a release of a tier should a Heroic Mode Last boss be killed? A month or two? Six?

Also, look at other tiers and you will find that heroic kills don't last too long.

method is not YOU. so you have plenty left to do.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

15+ Year Old Account
    The game changes for them, but what does it change for you?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    Yea i read that Paragon wiped 638 times on Heroic Garrosh. Then i wondered how often we have wiped in all of pandaria together. And I wouldn't be suprised it it was less tbh.

We raid 5.5 hours a week (2x 3 hours with a 15 mins break), and i think in that time we have about 20ish pulls, depending on the encounters and amounts of trash.
    On a pure progress night we'll probably be around 30 at very max, so 10 pulls per hour. Going with 20 pulls per raid average.

MoP is one year old this week, meaning that we will have had 100ish raids (some cancels over Christmas and summer etc) ... So I'm estimating we have done about 2000 pulls alltoghether in MoP. ... 638 wipes in 2 weeks is just incredible.

Yeah, they raid more per day than most people do per week. I raid 8.5 hours a week. They raid 12 a day, which is like 70 a week say, maybe more. So they raid the same in 1 week as I raid in 2 months. So that means that in theory it'd take my group 4 months to kill what they killed in 2 weeks. Except it'll be more, because we'll have more trash to kill since we'll be resetting the raid more often, and progress will slow down as we get like 8 bosses in. Assuming of course we finished normal week 1 to get the same amount of time on heroic as them.

It's kind of insane the amount of work and effort they put into a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yep if they had not gated it it would have been down the week before.

I fail to see how the rate at which the game is completed by the Ultra-Hardcore impacts anyone other then themselves.

Should Rockstar make all of the Police Officers within GTA V much more deadly, because a few days after release a few people completed it?