Why is Murcalot not being released before Blizzcon?

I'm just curious as to why Murcalot, or the Crusader Murloc isn't be released until Blizzcon? All the other in game rewards are given to you the second you buy the ticket, so why not him?

Needs to be patched in. And they don't want to give away anything early with the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Needs to be patched in. And they don't want to give away anything early with the next patch.
    Couldn't they just patch him in with fixes next Tuesday? Wouldn't give anything away

Because blizz has never released a blizzcon item before blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like Murkablo they didn't give us him until the day of Blizzcon, if my memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Couldn't they just patch him in with fixes next Tuesday? Wouldn't give anything away
    You can't hotfix in items or artwork. They'd need to actually build a real patch.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Because blizz has never released a blizzcon item before blizzcon.
    And one year didn't they even take a couple weeks after Blizzcon to deliver the items?
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    any info about the stats for the pet, id love to see if it would be worth it before buying it... my deathy & grunty were a let down in pet battles

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And one year didn't they even take a couple weeks after Blizzcon to deliver the items?
    yes it happened with Grunty in the 2009 blizzcon
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2013-10-07 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Yeah the year they gave out Grunty, it took about a week for me to get it.

A little off topic but virtua tickets will be on saletill blizzcon starts correct
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    A little off topic but virtua tickets will be on saletill blizzcon starts correct
    Yeah, actually, I'm pretty sure you could buy them the last day of the event even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    They will be available until its end on Saturday I believe as they will allow you to re-watch them for a week or 2 after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    They will be available until its end on Saturday I believe as they will allow you to re-watch them for a week or 2 after the event.
    Yeah, actually, I'm pretty sure you could buy them the last day of the event even.
    Thank god. Wont have enough money to pay for it till the 15th (too poor. Not really but yeah)
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because tradition. It used to be these things weren't added until a patch AFTER Blizzcon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I'm just curious as to why Murcalot, or the Crusader Murloc isn't be released until Blizzcon? All the other in game rewards are given to you the second you buy the ticket, so why not him?
    It would be kind of a dick move if Virtual tickets got their pets a month before real attendees.