Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    There has always been at least some specs in the game that didn't have a proper simulation, because of an in-game bug, an improper coding or a lack of community backing up the spec.
    As said earlier, SimCraft is as good as the people coding for it, so there may always exist some discrepancy between simulations and actual results.

During Cataclysm, I used to perform better than my sims and, IIRC, it was because both the rend-clipping bug and the possibility to have some 4-GCD CS weren't handled by SimCraft.

I've not seen my sim dps accurate since WOTLK Landsoul spreadsheet. I'm not short of a a Top50 dps log over the years and never found Simcraft to be accurate with ingame results.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've not seen my sim dps accurate since WOTLK Landsoul spreadsheet. I'm not short of a a Top50 dps log over the years and never found Simcraft to be accurate with ingame results.
    loved that sheet, always had it open on my second monitor playing around with it. I remember when i finally hit a number within 1% or so of my sim'd dps. twas that lovely 10k mark which i finally hit on festergut. Was a great day and I just wish he'd have gotten more support to keep it running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    I find it pretty hard to beat my sim tbh.
    I simmed myself at 288k, doing 283k on IJ normal.
    Sure (atleast with our positioning) you gotta use charge instead of something else in P2, to not get blasted into nirvana from the shock but it felt like I was playing pretty solid.
    If you spam charge as you're being knockbacked you shouldn't lose much (if any) uptime on the boss. As soon as you're at the minimum range for charge to work it'll bring you to the boss that way.

Lost slightly on malkorok.. We both did 300+k but he beat me ~1k dps (though my recount showed me ahead slightly) could have been deemed a draw but he ranked 12 and I ranked 27 so from that perspective I lost.

I won spoils, thok and paragons though in terms of absolute numbers and ranks. Would have loved to compete siege crafter but was placed on conveyor belt by RL.

Me and DK have since made peace. He claims he was just joking around. He did post on guild chat saying that he admits fury sims was hard to beat and that he was just making some fun. RL did also told him to stop scum bagging dps so I take that as settled for now..

On a side note I had 2 heroic upgrades + a tier helm I've not yet equipped. Next week hopefully will get those H weapons and the Thok trinket which are absolutely crucial for fury dps. Fury is weapons + trinkets. Would be fun going head to head with him again next week

Put him on ignore and be done with it.

After 8/14H.. It is like difficulty goes up a notch...
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-10-08 at 02:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    If you spam charge as you're being knockbacked you shouldn't lose much (if any) uptime on the boss. As soon as you're at the minimum range for charge to work it'll bring you to the boss that way.
    Yeah thats what I did, but like I said, charge is pretty much the only thing keeping you (depending on positioning ofc) from having a real patchwork encounter, but its just a few globals after all.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty latency dependent I find. Can be shot halfway across the room before charge casts and drags me back, lol.

If you've got a mouse with a scroll wheel...
    Putting charge on that is something I've found to be pretty darn quick. Just rollin' rollin' rollin'.

I actually have 2 charge "keys" now because of the knockback thing.

simulations are, at best, a tool for measuring the value of gear changes. you cannot trust a 3rd party program to accurately take everything into account. simulated dps will never be equal to actual potential dps because there's always going to be something improperly modeled or a fight that doesn't fit exactly into one of the generic scenarios simcraft offers as variations.

hitting your sim dips is a silly concept. any decent player worth his salt understands this and why.

you should not let this guy bother you, you should concentrate on what you can do to maximize your contribution to the raid and not worry about him.
    Last edited by Eranthe; 2013-10-08 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    After 8/14H.. It is like difficulty goes up a notch...
    seems like that from other peoples experiences, but my guild just killed malkarok and it only took 4-5 hours to kill it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please stay on topic. This is about sim-c and how it interacts with warrior/other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    the douhce obviously doesnt understand the limited use of sims at all. ingore or tell him to apply to top 10 guild since he is god

A fellow ww monk mentioned that it is well rcognised that alot of effort has gone into the fury module so from that perspective our module is pretty accurate. We don't have to deal with exceptionally hard to model mechanics like tiger brew or the concept of DOT refreshing.

However, the patchwork base assumption is probably unrealistic so we should look more towards helter skelter and light movement. Makes sense.

He has been playing since Vanilla and he told me how simcraft predecessor started off as being a tool for calculating gear upgrades, not so much about determining what one's dps should be.

He says that he doesn't care about his low sim dps of 270 because he knows that the ww module simply can't model certain ww skills properly. He then went on to do 320k on Malkorok to prove his pt.

Simcraft is a tool. In the right hands it is an asset. If you don't know how to use it, it will just cause unnecessary distractions