Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Are FATES bugged or what?

I'll go into at level FATES and it tells me my level is too low and the FATE says the exact same level as I am. And it doesn't reward me as much EXP because of it. And how is the FATE calculated? Is it just whatever you tag you get credit for helping or what? If so, then I can see mages spamming blizzard being very op in that regard.

I'm a marauder, so my only actual AOE attack that I have right now is Overpower and yeah, well I'm lucky if I get it on a group of mobs before they die in Quarrymill or whatever it's called.

Not sure if its bugged, but it does seem like a tag everything u can war, when theres like lot of grps doing fates. Always yell in shout for a fate grp. It makes thing a lot easier to be in a grp and believe it or not, CAN be very social if you want it to, ive gotten a lot of friends thru fate farming

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'll go into at level FATES and it tells me my level is too low and the FATE says the exact same level as I am. And it doesn't reward me as much EXP because of it. And how is the FATE calculated? Is it just whatever you tag you get credit for helping or what? If so, then I can see mages spamming blizzard being very op in that regard.

I'm a marauder, so my only actual AOE attack that I have right now is Overpower and yeah, well I'm lucky if I get it on a group of mobs before they die in Quarrymill or whatever it's called.

Flash from Glad will help when spamming fates. There is an area north of Port Aleport (Upper La Noscea 20-25) and it offers 4 boss fates.
    You cared enough to post.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Flash would give me the treat to tag em, but there's no heals so I just fall over like that lol.

Actually the consensus is to have 6 WHMs and 2 BRDs for Northern Thanalan. Holy spam is incredibly overpowered if Mage's Ballad is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh, Flash. You can't actually tag mobs with it,
    Flash does indeed tag mobs, I run with it on my alt lancer and use it for tagging all the time. It does also give massive credit in fates as well, especially when you are lower than the mobs and dont hit them for shit.

The tag hits later then you would think though so if youre trying to snipe from someone else, if you wait until you see the mobs its too late.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    WHM/BRD? What base classes are they?

Looking for something to level on the side from Maruader.

Looking for something to level on the side from Maruader.
    Conjurer for WHM Arcanist sub
    Archer for BRD Pugilist sub

Conjurer, Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Hm, maybe it'll give credit for the "first person to hit it" thing, I'd have to test it. It most certainly doesn't give any credit for kill contribution though.
    That's because once a monster is tagged, it then only doles out kill credit to anyone who does 30% of it's HP in damage. Flash does no damage and is thus useless in FATEs if you aren't getting the tags with it.