Keyboard/OS/Monitor

Hi, i've got some discount vouchers on amazon.co.uk so hopefully using that site mainly; but i'm looking for a:

Keyboard: between £30-£80
    Monitor: £80-£150 between 20-24 inch is great
    OS: Windows... I don't mind much between 7 or 8 but whichever you feel is good

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Also in terms of Monitor what i have in mind right now is:

Monitor: www(.)amazon(.)co(.)uk/gp/product/B0097HYR24/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

but no idea about pc monitors so it may be terrible

Logitech/Razer
    /shrug
    win7

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you plan to use them for?

Recommendations will vary greatly depending on whether you're playing MMOs vs RTS vs FPS.

WoW, GW2, Dota2, LoL, HoN mainly; fifa but i use a gamepad for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abujan View Post
    WoW, GW2, Dota2, LoL, HoN mainly; fifa but i use a gamepad for that
    So mostly MMOs and Strategy. I'd recommend a gaming keyboard with macro keys and an IPS monitor.

Macro keys can be bound to perform many different actions, simplifying many of your most commonly-used abilities. As a WoW raid leader, I use macro keys on my keyboard to quickly put out raid markers, spam guild recruitment and profession announcements, distribute loot, etc.

I personally use a Corsair K90, which at 117 quid is above your price range. In your budget, I'd recommend something along the lines of the Razer Anansi, Logitech G510s, or Corsair K50. They all have macro key functionality, but none are mechanical if that's something you're looking for. If you're not sure what mechanical means, don't worry about it; you won't be any the wiser.

As for the monitor, IPS panels generally produce much better color depth and image quality at the expense of a slightly slow refresh rate and response time. FPS are the main titles where the faster response times and refresh rates are needed, so for your purposes as an MMO/RTS player, you'll probably have a better overall experience by having a "prettier" picture.

At 157 quid, the Dell U2312HM is slightly above your desired price range, but has a very good reputation.

For an operating system, Windows 8 is the new kid on the block, but since it was created with touch-screen tablets in mind it's a little clunky to get used to. Windows 7 will be a little cheaper and has the added bonus of familiarity, so if I were in your shoes I'd go for Windows 7 and used the money I saved to buy a better monitor. Just me though.

Thanks Sorphius,

I'll probably be looking at the K50 that you linked; however for the monitor there are a few recent 1 star reviews that say something about yellow tinting so i'm a bit concerned about spending out of my budget if there is (possibly) an issue with it

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have an alternative for Monitor?

living in the UK and hoping to spend £80- £150 and 20-24 inch.
    preferably using amazon.co.uk as i still have some gift vouchers to spend.

thanks!

p.s was looking at www(.)amazon.co(.)uk/gp/product/B0097HYR24/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE for a monitor; but i have no idea about computer monitors so may be a very bad idea please help

You should get W8, unless you maintain servers it's the better OS. Faster boot times and marginally better performance in games. Yes, the metro gui is God awful but it takes 30 secs to get a 3rd party program to bypass it. I use classic shell and I practically have W7 with the improved performance.

This is a pretty solid monitor.