Deleted

The 'new' DOT system, BA on AoC trinket

So, it seems i have entirely missed the change about ES shot ticks are beeing added to each other instead of replacing the remaining ticks.
    If i'm right, i can spam ES->ES->ES on LnL proc's instead of filling a shot between any ES. (ye until today i have played the catacl style rotation of never shooting ES twice in a row)

But what i cannot find is, how about the BA in combination with the AoC trinket. The CD of BA is now shorter then its duration.
    Do i have to wait with reapplying BA after its last tick has done, or can i just reapply and the remaining DoT will still be tick on the new one ?

nvm. 10.chars
    Last edited by Kibu; 2013-10-07 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkz View Post
    So, it seems i have entirely missed the change about ES shot ticks are beeing added to each other instead of replacing the remaining ticks.
    If i'm right, i can spam ES->ES->ES on LnL proc's instead of filling a shot between any ES. (ye until today i have played the catacl style rotation of never shooting ES twice in a row)

But what i cannot find is, how about the BA in combination with the AoC trinket. The CD of BA is now shorter then its duration.
    Do i have to wait with reapplying BA after its last tick has done, or can i just reapply and the remaining DoT will still be tick on the new one ?
    yes you can spam es . dont be suprised if you cast 3 es and only get 8 ticks! one of the ticks was double the dmg !

About BA i cant remember the right time but i think it was at 19 seconds where you have to refresh it

It probably surprise you, but ES change was introduced about year ago. And what I know BA doesn't stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    It probably surprise you, but ES change was introduced about year ago. And what I know BA doesn't stack up.
    Only the last DoT tick(2:00-0:00) can be added to the new DoT, so it's best to aim for your new BA to land when current one is at 1:50-0:00 left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Only the last DoT tick(2:00-0:00) can be added to the new DoT, so it's best to aim for your new BA to land when current one is at 1:50-0:00 left.
    There is some travel time as well. Apart from my current one having some increased damage from procs or such, I usually fire my next Black Arrow at 2.5 sec remaining.
    But this is starting to sound like splitting hairs.

BA works like other DoTs. Refresh it between the 2nd last and last tick.

Deleted
    I use BA if I have trinket procs (ie: 10 stacks of rentaki or any other agi procs) or I use it at like 0-3 sec before it run out depending on what other shots comming off cool down and such

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    BA works like other DoTs. Refresh it between the 2nd last and last tick.
    So does ES. Just that spamming ES can only land between the 2nd last and last, therefore stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    There is some travel time as well. Apart from my current one having some increased damage from procs or such, I usually fire my next Black Arrow at 2.5 sec remaining.
    But this is starting to sound like splitting hairs.
    That's why I mentioned to aim for it to land during the last tick.

Also it's not splitting hairs, it's just maximizing DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Also it's not splitting hairs, it's just maximizing DPS.
    But that statement, ironically, is splitting hairs.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Deleted
    Great information, thank you guys!
    Although i used my old rotation since patch 4.0.3, in MoP it never seen an issue on DPS. Spamming LnL ES it makes the timing a bit less complicated.

Quick question, why do you care about BA's damage? Its damage is minuscule compared to SS or ES. Is it just for the last final bit of extra DPS or do I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    Quick question, why do you care about BA's damage? Its damage is minuscule compared to SS or ES. Is it just for the last final bit of extra DPS or do I miss something?
    It procs Lock n Load for free ES. And it does damage...

Deleted

Pure single target fight. Why not optimize the damage from it?

I am very well aware that BA procs L'n'L, that wasn't my question. But I guess, after second thought, that you are only talking hunters with AoC trinket, right? Without the trinket I would think that casting BA on CD is more important than buffing its damage.

Please prove me wrong if I am. My hunter is just an alt but has been my former main so I still care about her DPS

I am very well aware that BA procs L'n'L, that wasn't my question. But I guess, after second thought, that you are only talking hunters with AoC trinket, right? Without the trinket I would think that casting BA on CD is more important than buffing its damage.

Please prove me wrong if I am. My hunter is just an alt but has been my former main so I still care about her DPS
    When you cast it off cd with AoC, you're potentially losing a tick on the old one (unless you're shooting it from as far as possible on a boss with the smallest hitbox). In other words, the gcd you spent on the initial BA was used a little less effectively.

In the big picture, it's a little minor. You may choose to shoot off a new BA prematurely if you won't be near the boss for some reason for the foreseeable seconds lol.
    Last edited by timoseewho; 2013-10-07 at 11:14 PM.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho