Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    /cast spell with no gcd
    /cast spell with gcd

Complex?
    Most people who delve into the world of macros are usually worried about min/maxing enough to use keybinds however.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    /cast spell with no gcd
    /cast spell with gcd

Complex?
    You would need so many macros it would not be worth while in the case of a prot war... think of it ultimatum pop's up and you also got sword and board proc... so you can hit SS and HS at the same time... key bound this is easy and fluid clicking it's like 2 gcd abilities as you need to click one then then next when you could get 3 casts in the same time as the 2. Hwoever next time ultimatum may proc and you got a revenge proc at teh same time... that woudl be a different macro! or perhaps ultimatum is up but rev and SS are on CD but not shout..or maybe shout is as well so anothe rmacro for devestate... but what if heroic leap is also off cd at the same time as HS and dragon roar... aaaa no GCD abilities got to love them!

As a war since there are a couple free casts with no gcd from HS, HL,pummel it makes life just better to keybind!

I'm a hybrid i use my keyboard for my main abilities and click my CDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

I clicked and was pretty damn good at. people were shocked to learned that a clicker out dps everyone :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post

A person who uses keybinds can also play blindfolded. Clickers cannot due to needing visual cues.
    I don't deny keybinding is better but some statements are just stupid. Unless you meant only hitting training dummies.

Deleted
    I found it very hard to get into a habbit of transforming from a CPM / APM player into an KSPM type of player. However i found based on my experience that the sooner you start to experiment with keybinds the better.

I particularly find the QERZXCV 12345 [shift]12345/QERZXCV [Alt] 12345/QERZXCV and [Ctrl]12345/QERZXCV to be effective, you can play around like for example my Seals are F1: SOV F2: SOR F3: SOJ and F4: SOL. You should get bar tender or dominoes and make bigger buttons, move the enemy and your name plate just above your action bars and put your critical spells in action bars, now practice with dummy until comfortable and then take it to the next level by practicing in BGs: I find PVP excellent preparation for key bind practice.

If you have a lot of spells for instance Disco Priest etc then you can also add mouse button modifiers such as MB3 MB4 etc. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't deny keybinding is better but some statements are just stupid. Unless you meant only hitting training dummies.
    Pretty sure they ment that a keybinder could do there rotation while blindfolded not actively play the game blind folded. However that brings up the point behind keybinding being better in that you do not need to divert much visual attention at your rotation at all and all attention can be on whats going on around you / timers.

Deleted
    I used to be a clicker, thewn I got the Razer Naga and found keybinding pretty easy. I normally keybind 1-6 for dps/tank/heal abilities with 6 being a 'unleash' ability like Summon Infernal or Fire Elemental Totem. 7-11 is normally my defensive abilities, and 12 is my mount button. I also use X as a healing spell, CF,SF,F for unstuck abilities, Q for movement abilities such as blink and judgement, and finally, I use E as an interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Tanking is the "simplest" role there is IMO (I tanked in a raiding environment from Kara to Firelands). While it requires more responsibility than say a DPS role, it's quite simple compared to healing or dps.

What do you consider "successful"? PG wouldn't really be a good basis for this IMO.

While I never condone clicking/keyboard turning for optimum performance, I had a Druid healer in my old guild who didn't use a mouse. She had everything keybound and played her keyboard like a piano. If I hadn't seen how well she performed in 10/25m HM raiding environments, I would have called bullshit. But she did it very successfully.
    Not using a mouse has lots of downsides. Keyboard turning speed is low, imagine you have to turn around quickly for example. Also, on some fights you have to right click an object etc. Long sotry short, she would do even better if she got used to using a mouse. There is no discussion, keybinds and mouse gives the best performance, people are just ignorant and stubborn to change their playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    Pretty sure they ment that a keybinder could do there rotation while blindfolded not actively play the game blind folded. However that brings up the point behind keybinding being better in that you do not need to divert much visual attention at your rotation at all and all attention can be on whats going on around you / timers.
    You can click blindfolded, the only visual queue you need is before starting. Stop making up stuff to make it sound like keybinding is a huge advantage when it's such a minor one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You can click blindfolded, the only visual queue you need is before starting. Stop making up stuff to make it sound like keybinding is a huge advantage when it's such a minor one.
    You can. It's not as easy as doing it with keybinds though. It does make a huge difference in PvP but that's not the subject I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

i'm pretty sure 99,99% of players are able to bind 1-5 and maybe even shift+1-5 and learn how to push those buttons instead of awkward clicking stuff in a really short time. and as a pve player (i'm a pvp'er myself) you should do pretty well with 10 binds as you don't really need your full toolkit for most of pve (how often do you disarm a boss etc) so clickers, just start with 1-5 then when you feel comfortable with it (should take you about 1 or 2 dungeons) then add in shift. will make your life easier

just a sidenote, please go try hexos as a clicker :P that would be fun to watch :P
    Last edited by dar0; 2013-10-07 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You can. It's not as easy as doing it with keybinds though. It does make a huge difference in PvP but that's not the subject I guess.
    OPINION. I have practiced keybinds to the point of memory but I still found clicking more natural and I can do it without looking at my buttons, you can't argue muscle memory for one and exclude it for the other. That's the peak of a lost argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    i clicked my way through wrath of the lich king and was a successful tank in the second best heroic 10m ICC group on the server...
    clicking isnt bad, you just need to have good muscle memory to be successful at it

as soon as cata hit i bought a razer naga molten and went crazy keybind mode. couldnt go back now if i tried lol
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    OPINION. I have practiced keybinds to the point of memory but I still found clicking more natural and I can do it without looking at my buttons, you can't argue muscle memory for one and exclude it for the other. That's the peak of a lost argument.
    Talking a rotation with 5-6 abilities sure but actually claiming you can press all ~36+ abilities with your eyes closed while fighting (or not if that's too hard) doesn't sound like something even a very experienced clicker could do, sounds like you're an exception to the rule in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I click and I've ranked top 5 multiple times this expansion, though only one remains standing. I also use the default UI with certain addons like WeakAuras and such.

It's really not a big deal. Would I do more dps if I were efficient with keybinds and such? Yeah sure...maybe about 100-200 more. Maybe. It comes down more to knowing your class and how to play it.

Edit: for pvp keybinds do make quite the difference, though I don't really pvp. I goofed around with a guild mate of mine and got 1950 last season but that's my only experience with arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who plays WoW at a high level... whether they're competing for rank 1 or world first... they will NEVER click. They won't click a single CD... they won't click a single ability... they won't click at all. Everything from your abilities, to weapon macros, focus macros, health stones, trinkets... everything is keybound. If you want to play at that level, you will NEED to keybind... you can't be focused 100% on mechanics when you're busy clicking abilities... not only that, but you can't move your mouse quick enough between abilities... A good player will constantly be pressing an ability and won't ever go through a time where they spend 1 second off of global CD.

If you want to click, that's your choice... but what you think is good, to top tier players is horrible. It's like using 1 hand to play a console... it works good enough, but if you want to play better, you have to use both.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Default UI + Weakauras. I use keys for 1-8 CS/HotR/AS/SotR/Judgement/HW/Rebuke. Beyond that I'm clicking anything 8 to = on the first bar and I click for all the other actionbars.

UI screenshot

I'm sure keybinds are essential in PvP, but unless you're pushing hardcore progression clicking is more than adequate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically have keys set to my first 4 abilities and click everything else, and I consider myself a very talented player, as long as I'm not messing up on mechanics, ranking on fights in world of logs, I could care less about my clicking, I find it the simplest and most comfortable.. I don't even have to try anyways like a lot of people here make it sound likes its a huge deal and you lose tons of damage by doing it which I hardly noticed, then again I have good eye to hand coordination and also play lots of FPS's so I can quickly move my mouse from one spell to the next easy, I even did a test with a friend watching me that I can do my basic rotation with my eyes closed because I am so used to the movement I have to make with my mouse that I click the correct icons around 85-95% of the time.

TL;DR I seriously see no problem with clicking, keyboard turning on the other hand..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    TL;DR I seriously see no problem with clicking, keyboard turning on the other hand..
    Alright, so what do you do when you need to move and use abilities at the same time?