Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    There is spelling queuing, yes. Does that mean it automatically makes you press the button faster than you actually did? No, the game cannot read you mind.
    ...what?

You are currently casting or on gcd, you hit the spell 0.2 before gcd/cast finishes, your next cast queues then begins the MOMENT it can. This is spell queueing, you lose 0 dps for clicking 0.2 seconds earlier instead of mashing your button the 0.2 seconds before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6

1 2 3 4 5 6

~

If it ain't bound to those keys, I'm clicking.

If I'm lazy or not worried about what's happening, I click exclusively.

If I need to click, I use WASD for movement.

If I don't need to click, I use the mouse for movement.

It's all very situational.

Stock UI.

All classes.

No mods.

No problems
    As far as you know... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ...what?

You are currently casting or on gcd, you hit the spell 0.2 before gcd/cast finishes, your next cast queues then begins the MOMENT it can. This is spell queueing, you lose 0 dps for clicking 0.2 seconds earlier instead of mashing your button the 0.2 seconds before.
    So how as a clicker can you use something like Barkskin, Savage defense and mangle at the same time? Or pretty mucn any ability that is off the global with an ability that is on the global?

You can't, unless you make a macro for every imaginable circumstance as a tank your going to fail to be able to use everything. If I were to click I'd want a Barkskin macro with mangle, thrash, swipe, FFF, lacerate. Then I'd also want more for maul even just those 2 abilities that are off the global would take 5 macros, and how would I ever use DOC to heal others in the raid? I certainly wouldn't be able to use my mouseover macro if I'm a clicker.

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    So how as a clicker can you use something like Barkskin, Savage defense and mangle at the same time? Or pretty mucn any ability that is off the global with an ability that is on the global?
    Tanks have the easiest time using abilities off GCD because of enemy swing timers and incoming damage. The easy answer? You don't fail at using a mouse. With a near standard ui you can easily have all required buttons in acceptable positions to reach, and if you use a bar addon even easier. There is no reason you can't hit all 3 of these in <0.2 seconds if you are attuned with placement (much like knowing your bindings).

To put it another way - could you hit these 3 keybinds fast enough with 1 finger? Yeah easily.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    I am just arguing a tank won't lose as much potential without keybinding as a DPS or Healer. Keybinding will always be beneficial, however as long as the tank is holding threat and staying alive I think he is doing his job. Tank DPS is very emphasized this expansion compared to others for some classes, but it shouldn't make or break a progression attempt by losing 5k dps from a tank because he is a clicker.
    On a typical pull.

Running in. Nothing targeted run in, get sacred shield ticking,pop initial pot, judge initial target via mouseover macro, frisbee second target via mouseover macro keybind, taunt a fifth target in via mouse over macro keybind, drop a hop on the over zealous melee via mouse over macro keybind, concecrate, shield of the righteous initial target as it moves into melee range, pan camera around to ensure everybody else is where they need to be.

As opposed to

Run in. Click on a mob. Move mouse back down to bar. Click sacred shield. Move mouse over to pot button. Click pot. Move mouse to inistal target. Click target. Move mouse to judgment button. Click judgment button. Move mouse to secondary target. Click secondary target. Move mouse to frisbee button. Click Frisbee button. Move mouse to fifth target. Click fifth target. Move mouse to reckoning button. Click reconling button. Move mouse to over zealous melee. Click over zelous melee. Move mouse to hop button. Click hop button. Move mouse to concecrate button. Click concecrate. Find inital target. Move mouse to initial target. Click inital target. Move mouse to shield of the righteous button. Click shield of the righteous. Pan camera aroudn to ensure everbody else is where they need to be, while struggling to maintain my rotation because my cursor is nowhere near the buttons I need to click.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    On a typical pull.

Run in. Click on a mob. Move mouse back down to bar. Click sacred shield. ..., while struggling to maintain my rotation because my cursor is nowhere near the buttons I need to click.
    You should play more First Person Shooters if you're that slow with a mouse. You make it sound like a mouse is like a Consoles gamepad.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    On a typical pull.

Running in. Nothing targeted run in, get sacred shield ticking,pop initial pot, judge initial target via mouseover macro, frisbee second target via mouseover macro keybind, taunt a fifth target in via mouse over macro keybind, drop a hop on the over zealous melee via mouse over macro keybind, concecrate, shield of the righteous initial target as it moves into melee range, pan camera around to ensure everybody else is where they need to be.

As opposed to

Run in. Click on a mob. Move mouse back down to bar. Click sacred shield. Move mouse over to pot button. Click pot. Move mouse to inistal target. Click target. Move mouse to judgment button. Click judgment button. Move mouse to secondary target. Click secondary target. Move mouse to frisbee button. Click Frisbee button. Move mouse to fifth target. Click fifth target. Move mouse to reckoning button. Click reconling button. Move mouse to over zealous melee. Click over zelous melee. Move mouse to hop button. Click hop button. Move mouse to concecrate button. Click concecrate. Find inital target. Move mouse to initial target. Click inital target. Move mouse to shield of the righteous button. Click shield of the righteous. Pan camera aroudn to ensure everbody else is where they need to be, while struggling to maintain my rotation because my cursor is nowhere near the buttons I need to click.
    Most of what you do is reliant on macros and you assume a clicker can't use a macro?

I am geting tired of this strawmanning of clickers by keybinders as if keybinding is a noticeable performance increase, it really isn't, get over it. Not sure if I wll keep up with the thread at this point as it's just a circlejerk of keybinders bashing alternate styles of play.

Deleted
    What i dont get is, how do clickers rotate their angle of view, while clicking? Must be very stressfull

I also dont get how they use abilities which are off GCD, exactly in time, while maintaining their rota properly.

I knew a hunter which was awesome @ dps. When he told us he is a clicker everyone was baffled, i couldnt believe it @ first until Al'akir HC.
    He wanst able to collect the adds fast enough and still evade the whirlwinds. He said himself that he got problems in rotating the camera fast enough and while keeping his DPS up.

Same problem should occur in Arena.

€: He changed his complete playstyle because of that one Boss. He never clicked again his main abilities. Otherwise we would have never had a chance against Al'akir HC.

I used to play as a clicker (I use a naga now) and I started using addons like bartender very early on because having abilities on a 4*9 grid is much easier than having them on a 2*12 grid with another 1*12 grid next to it. It's just a lot further to move the mouse.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Feliclandelo View Post
    Not sure if your question is about the Blizzard UI or clicking. But one thing is for sure, if I find out someone is clicking in my guild, he is instantly replaced in the raid. It's litterally like having a raid member not equipping a staff, reducing his damage by half, because he doesn't like to use weapons.
    Thats just retarded and awfully narrow minded. I know a few people who are clickers. and are constantly top dps in raids.
    they never dared telling the raid leader they are actually clicking due to the above mentioned narrow minded view.

However like others have said its not always about key bindings its also about skill. i myself only need to glance over my bars to see what i need to click.
    I have been doing this since vanilla and i bet i will still do better dps/ healing then a lot of so called elite keybinders.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Assuming here "Clicker = someone who clicks his/her main abilities instead of using hotkeys". I'm pretty sure most people have SOMETHING they haven't bound (like my cancel RF/ Cast RF macro as a prot paladin).
    If we're talking ability's then no there are literally no ability's that I click, ever. Only thing I click that comes to mind are flasks/food/pots/mounts, and even then I could find a key bind for all that as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    successful =/= still in normal modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Thats just retarded and awfully narrow minded. I know a few people who are clickers. and are constantly top dps in raids.
    they never dared telling the raid leader they are actually clicking due to the above mentioned narrow minded view.

However like others have said its not always about key bindings its also about skill. i myself only need to glance over my bars to see what i need to click.
    I have been doing this since vanilla and i bet i will still do better dps/ healing then a lot of so called elite keybinders.
    I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't out dps/heal/tank a keybinder(a non-retard one at least).

How would you heroic leap or anything that required placing something on the ground by mouse click? For me, I move my cursor to the spot I want and click with the other hand. It's like comparing the damage of a 1h weapon vs someone dual wielding... by having both hands working at the same time you can get more things done with less effort (and thus faster.)

I use the default UI, only visual addon I have is Rogue Power Bars (situated near the action bar cause I cant look at both the top and the bottom of the screen at the same time.) I did move all the portraits, mine to the lower left beside the action bar, and my target to the middle right above "lower right action bar". It's all about organization of the hotkeys. for instance action bar is 1 2 3 4 5 6 e r t mouse4 mouse5 blank: lower left is a-1 a-2 a-3 a-4 a-5 a-6 a-e a-r a-t c x z (the last 3 are macroes with alt functions) then the bar to the right f g s-f s-g s-e v(the mount macro) and far to the right are macroes for gear swaps etc.

I psudo-click while healing, but I use mouseover macros and Vuhdo for that.

Edit:
    Thinking further I think the difference is how you move. To those of you who click, do you turn with the keyboard? I need to have my mouse available to turn (and keyboard is for strafing or power-forward only.)
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2013-10-08 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    I'm a heroic raider and If I'm eating while raiding I become a full time clicker. Harder as a melee but it's a breeze as a healer or caster.

I had a mate I used to raid with, the first raid leader I knew from TBC. He is a damn good player and was one of the top PVE rogues on our server during WOTLK, he was a clicker. Though he didn't use the blizzard UI, instead he had a bar mod to make certain buttons larger, his sinister strike button was huge hah!. For a long time I used the Blizzard UI, to be honest I don't see much disadvantage with using it.

I think if you click and only click then your playstyle is focussed around clicking and it works, though you may restrict yourself in movement at certain times that would not happen if you used keybinds (especially so in PvP). The big issues come when you try to click some things and keybind others, this is what leaves you at a big disadvantage.

If you're gonna keybind or click then commit to either, if you spend 30s using just keybinds and then suddenly you have to click something and you can't even find your mouse curser!

Edit : If the guy is Endless wave 32 then he isn't doing anything wrong, only exceptional players get this far.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-10-08 at 02:33 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by re1gn1te View Post
    I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't out dps/heal/tank a keybinder(a non-retard one at least).
    Larger factors than clicking vs keybinding for 2 players performance:
    GEAR
    Knowledge of class/abilities/enemies
    Proc RNG
    Spatial Awareness
    How team members are performing
    IRL distractions
    Hogger

I'm willing to bet that you wouldn't out dps/heal/tank a key binder(a non-retard one at least).
    I`m doing so in my current guild without them knowing i`m actually clicking most of my abilities.
    I do agree though that for example in pvp i would be dead in seconds opposed to people who key bind.
    However in PVE its a different story.

now it is something i`m experienced in since i have been doing this from late 2005.
    DPS/ Tank/ Healing, I have done it all and in the guilds i was in i was always in the top5 when it came to DPS, top3 for healing and never wiped a raid due to being a clicker as tank.

Now i dont have any aspiration to run Heroics normal is just fine for me and perhaps i would have issues in heroic. but if that would be the case i might give it a go. for now its not needed to perform well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Larger factors than clicking vs keybinding for 2 players performance:
    GEAR
    Knowledge of class/abilities/enemies
    Proc RNG
    Spatial Awareness
    How team members are performing
    IRL distractions
    Hogger
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

I think life long key binders, if they tried to click things find it about as clumsy as trying to write with their left hand. I don't see how people play First Person Shooters with a gamepad on a console. My son loves Call of Duty and he plays on the PS3, I can't can't kill anything. Now switch the the medium and play on a PC and I'm rofl stomping him all over the place. I use to mock and laugh at Console FPS people, but watching some of the really good players, I do have a fair amount of respect for them. They can pull off some pretty impressive feats using a gamepad, which I find to be a really clumsy device for FPSes.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

DO NOT let anyone tell you that key board turning is bad. Yes, technically, mouse turning is a bit more flexible because you can 360 on the spot, but all that does is add a tiny bit of pewpew in Arena. Completely unnecessary for PvE. Of course, I can't do that dance just standing there and mouse spinning.
    Sadly, I don't think a keyboard turning would do very well in the brawlers guild on the Rank 8 fight (Hexos) in which you must constantly be turning. If they ever made a raidboss that had such an requirement, it could be a real problem for them
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-10-08 at 02:47 PM.

I'm an LFR hero.

But I mean that in the fullest sense. I watch raid videos, learn strats. I'm the guy that clears a wing once its released because I prepped for it and lead an LFR through all the encounters. I am an LFR tank and leader.

My only addons are DBM and Atlas-loot. I thought about getting Omen for threat, but then I was too derp to keep updating it after I was getting LUA errors.

Anyways, if you activate the left action bar, you'll see that some of the keys are pre-bound for you, like F, E, and Q. I also have R and C bound. Other than that, I click.
    I simply have too many abilities to try and hotkey, and remember successfully, but I can keep track of my main four. For everything else, I click.

DO NOT let anyone tell you that key board turning is bad. Yes, technically, mouse turning is a bit more flexible because you can 360 on the spot, but all that does is add a tiny bit of pewpew in Arena. Completely unnecessary for PvE.

Key binds may be useful for Melee classes that don't have huge cast timers and thus need to fill their ability queue, but for casters, this is easily done while casting something for two seconds.

You're perfectly capable of getting pretty far into regular and some Heroic Raiding as a Blizz UI/Clicker and anyone telling you otherwise is just trying to make you feel less skilled to boost their epeen.