Boomkin - shadow priest - elemental shaman

They all have something in common in pvp. Great offensive capabilities and weak defensive and escape tools. Some of them being better at one than the other.

How does one play these in situations where we can summarise as unorganised pvp. We know they can turret great damage if left alone but how would they defend themselves.

It used to be that shadow priests just stood there and "tanked" the damage while they did their thing, but losing 15% damage reduction hurt that play style a lot. Spriest is also more reliant on hard casting so they have a harder time when melee ride them, but it is doable. This is a big reason why they are not as popular as they once were.

Boomkin operate much like most druids do in that they are slippery. So when fighting ranged they can't go toe-to-toe with just nukes so they have to run and los and heal while doing damage. Same thing goes against melee in which they have lots of tools to get away from melee while damaging them. Boomkins mainly play around short bursts of damage and kiting.

Elemental shaman have two different playstyles. If it is ranged vs ranged they just stand and burn because they have the raw damage and mitigation to compete. If it is against melee it is kinda like a boomkin in a lot of hit and run tactics.

They are all three very rewarding and speaking from personal experience in unorganized BG play I can be top damage and top healing on my boomkin and either completely wreck a BG or spend the whole time running on my ele. (not much experience as shadow)

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. Boomkins and Elemental Shamans have a few escape tools.

Boomkins can blink, shift roots, root you 24/7, have INSANE healing due to the fucking cenarius ward talent and insane armor.
    Elemental Shamans can knock you back every 15-20 seconds, have decent survivability CDs, have stupid off-healing and an annoying AoE root while being insusceptible to being supressed of pressure because of instants 24/7.
    Shadow Priests have a fear, possibly a root, a stealth, 80% sprint, very good off-healing and utility and pretty big burst.

Seriously, fighting boomkin/warlock in 2s as melee is a fucking nightmare. When you go on the lock, the moonkin literally goes full healing mode and heals the lock to full every single time with fucking cenarian ward. Go on the boomkin and the lock goes full fucking peel mode while all are still doing insane pressure.

Also fought ele/disc as rogue. I go on the disc because it's a better kill target in general, but the fucking ele sham managed to outheal my fucking burst with the priest being CCed constantly.

This is a ranty reply, I know, but I do not have any mercy for hybrids anymore. I seriously freaking hate them and their insane off-healing capabilities while also being extremely slippery.

Deleted
    Spriest/boomy have great utillity and ele has dmg out of this world. Also, they all share somethin common: they all need a peeler.
    In an unorginazed pvp all class have something the same: when you cant keep up with the trouble just step back. Works fine.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-10-09 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    This is a ranty reply, I know, but I do not have any mercy for hybrids anymore. I seriously freaking hate them and their insane off-healing capabilities while also being extremely slippery.
    Hybrids in general use heals and support as a peel, whereas pures (in general) use crowd control and mitigation. A boomkin with HotW healing through your burst is no different to a Mage polymorphing you twice on your dance.

I guess people find it more frustrating when someone is healing through your damage than when your damage is being actively stopped, though.

Deleted
    I guess people find it more frustrating when someone is healing through your damage than when your damage is being actively stopped, though.
    Very true. The point in pvp is to drop the opponents green bar to zero, and if the player visually cannot see the advancment they get mad or w/e.
    We are humans after all, and visual motion is the largest factor in our perception of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Uhm.. Boomkins and Elemental Shamans have a few escape tools.

Boomkins can blink, shift roots, root you 24/7, have INSANE healing due to the fucking cenarius ward talent and insane armor.
    Elemental Shamans can knock you back every 15-20 seconds, have decent survivability CDs, have stupid off-healing and an annoying AoE root while being insusceptible to being supressed of pressure because of instants 24/7.
    Shadow Priests have a fear, possibly a root, a stealth, 80% sprint, very good off-healing and utility and pretty big burst.

Seriously, fighting boomkin/warlock in 2s as melee is a fucking nightmare. When you go on the lock, the moonkin literally goes full healing mode and heals the lock to full every single time with fucking cenarian ward. Go on the boomkin and the lock goes full fucking peel mode while all are still doing insane pressure.

Also fought ele/disc as rogue. I go on the disc because it's a better kill target in general, but the fucking ele sham managed to outheal my fucking burst with the priest being CCed constantly.

That's something I noticed when watching boomies. The good ones are jerky and have spastic movements to throw people off and then there is the ones that just stand there.

I tried it myself but wasn't very good at it. Probably because I didn't fully gear it or I just sucked.