Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Norushen Heroic - Double Resto Plan

Hi guys,

We are starting heroic Norushen progress this week (10 man). The plan is to 3 heal it and we have the option of running double Resto. I want to grab people's thoughts on both resto's running DoC.

Was thinking of clearing debuff early on both, keep efflorescence up, keep LB rolling, and possibly even take SoTF and use SM/WG on cd, although it might be better to just both have incarnation in case shit gets a bit hairy at the end.

Looking for feedback on the viability of this plan. I haven't had much of a chance to test DoC in any real capacity yet, so anybody with any experience of it in this fight would be good.

Cheers.

Deleted
    If you have 2 resto available simply 2 heal it. You can stack 24/7 pretty easily and the req is not that high. 2 Resto would be perfect for it.

We found it better to 2-heal. The amount of healing necessary really doesn't lend itself to 3 healers, and the hardest part of the fight is definitely the hard enrage timer.

For our initial trials we sent tank + healer, then dps x2 to front-load purified on a healer, but I think we will probably try tank+dps healer+dps this week as even that wasn't too bad.

DPS perspective:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz9yG5PF8Gw
    Log:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5760&e=6177 (non-healer perspective, so it "loses" the time where the healer or the dps is in the phase)

RDruid and RSham are stupid strong for this fight because of their stacked heals.

Yeah I would 2 heal it. Take SotF on that fight not tree form, But thats just me.
    Your gunna need all the DPS you can get so don't 3 heal.

It's easily two-healable, and you might run into the berserk timer if you use 3 healers.

This is not a difficult fight for your healers, except maybe don't use a disc - all other healers are fine. Just send one healer down at the start, and the other soon after. If people die from AoE, you're not handling the adds / orbs correctly.

DoC is a bad idea for this fight, as it is about AoE healing throughput. SotF+HotW really are the best talents here (although NV is also viable).

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    DoC is a bad idea for this fight, as it is about AoE healing throughput. SotF+HotW really are the best talents here (although NV is also viable).
    I disagree, I think NV is simply to good in both DPS and HPS and constitutes the best talent for this fight. Not only does it grant you 12% increased healing, you also obtain a 25% smart heal that overall leads to a 40% increase in healing coming from all single target abilities. Given its uptime, I don't see how HotW can compete. Maybe I'm missing something.

Deleted
    Guys I was after feedback from people that had experience of using DoC.

Not ‘two heal it the enrage is tight’

I know the enrage is tight, that is why I was exploring the possibility of two resto’s going DoC. The thinking behind it being that hopefully the two resto’s would cover as much damage as 1 dps, yet provide the safety net of chucking out some heals if the shit hits the fan.

Having only recently got back into raiding I just don’t have the experience of using DoC and whether or not it is viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our (Smackbaby is in my team) raid DPS should be more than enough to 3 heal this for safety, we can even have a Disc Priest Atonement spamming if needed but enrages are not something we typically have issues with.

We do have 2 healing as an option however, but both of our Resto Druids aren't kitted out in Heroic gear from the previous tier like our Priest, MW and Paladin.

Has anyone actually had success with DoC on any fight?
    Last edited by Zabuzan; 2013-10-02 at 03:50 PM.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    Our (Smackbaby is in my team) raid DPS should be more than enough to 3 heal this for safety, we can even have a Disc Priest Atonement spamming if needed but enrages are not something we typically have issues with.

We do have 2 healing as an option however, but both of our Resto Druids aren't kitted out in Heroic gear from the previous tier like our Priest, MW and Paladin.

Has anyone actually had success with DoC on any fight?
    I have found DoC to be very lack luster compared to Nature's Vigil in all situations. 3 healing with DoC is pointless compared to 2 healing. I can't stress enough (as others in the thread have already mentioned) that 2 healing is the way to go on this fight. 3 healing serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever, regardless of healer gear level.

- Send 1 tank, 1 healer, 2x dps right on the pull
    - All DPS immediately swaps and blows up all adds including interrupting small adds
    - Only tanks soak big add balls
    - Healers & All DPS remain purified for the remainder of the fight
    - Chain all raid CDs for when Healer #1 is downstairs and you have big adds up

DoC is too mana intensive and too little damage / healing / utility to be very useful in any fights this tier that I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback!
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

As nice as DoC changes have gone in 5.4, it's not very viable for Heroic progression. If you're going to have a resto druid go DoC you're better off having a Disc Priest atonement or drop a healer and pick up a dps. It's not news any healers wants to hear but that's progression.

I 2 healed 25 man heroic. You should be able to solo heal it as a resto.

DoC is terrible.

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case anyone was interested - we ran Mistweaver + Resto and 2 shot the encounter :P

Used the strategy described here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Heroic-Guide

Worked pretty well, in case anyone else about to do the encounter stumbles across this thread Surprised how easy it was, barely any different from normal.
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Checksmix View Post
    I 2 healed 25 man heroic. You should be able to solo heal it as a resto.

DoC is terrible.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.. But did you 2 heal it while zerging? The encounter as it is now brings quite a bit more damage than the 25 man zerg tactic (As I understand it)..

OT: As others have said- 2 healing is the way to go. It's an easy fight and I'm sure you'll run into few if any issues killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    I disagree, I think NV is simply to good in both DPS and HPS and constitutes the best talent for this fight. Not only does it grant you 12% increased healing, you also obtain a 25% smart heal that overall leads to a 40% increase in healing coming from all single target abilities. Given its uptime, I don't see how HotW can compete. Maybe I'm missing something.
    You're failing to take into account when the uptime is. The Norushen fight consists of a few minutes of pretty steady damage followed by a bit of even more damage. There's nothing to really line up NV with, while you can pop HotW at the end when the incoming damage should be at its highest. It's not a massive ramp-up, though, so either talent works.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I like NV for the fight but both are viable. HotW gives 25% healing output for 45 seconds in addition to the flat 6% int increase. Math out over an infinite term it's not as strong for healing, but since this fight is 6-7 minutes, you can actually get 90 seconds of uptime, and use it for both the massive dps increase early to purify and healing buff late, almost an ideal fight length for HotW.

If you're running HotW, purify immediately--if you're not purifying immediately, you're probably better off taking NV, since the early healing and dps from the talent will both be essentially wasted.

If you're using NV for norushen, you should time it so that it's up when you're purifying your corruption (to speed up that phase), and then just use it on cooldown otherwise.

Will have to agree here: 2 heal it, don't 3 heal with a druid going DoC. Make it clear to everyone to stand on ur efflo to get aoe heal.

In terms of our strat, we send 1 healer down first, then after all dps are up with the buff we hero and send the second healer down. Dps should never pick up the orbs since they will lose their dps buff and will be forced going down again. Just have healers and tanks pick it up. The exception is have a dps that hasn't gone down yet pick the first orbs that spawn since they will clear the "stacks" after going down.

Doc is worthless on any fight this tier if you are pushing progression. You are better off dropping a healer and taking another dps than doc.
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    You're failing to take into account when the uptime is. The Norushen fight consists of a few minutes of pretty steady damage followed by a bit of even more damage. There's nothing to really line up NV with, while you can pop HotW at the end when the incoming damage should be at its highest. It's not a massive ramp-up, though, so either talent works.
    Since the healers are soaking orbs, I have to solo heal the raid when my partner leaves to do the test. What is the difference between popping HotW at the end and popping NV at the end? NV lasts for 30 seconds, provides more burst than HotW, and allows you to damage the boss. I seriously doubt u'll be damaging the boss with HotW.