Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I hope they are kidding. I much more prefer 5.1 daily-lore-style patch then timeless-boredom isle. Instead of any lore (why is Emperor spirit there? Why does he hate Yungol? Who is Ordos anyway? - yes, I can read about it on wowpedia, etc, but there should be lore in-game) they presented us with hours of brainless grind with one-shoting mobs.

I admit, I was not a great fan of Isle of Thunder dailies or Dominance Offensive ones but I much more preferred to do them then to kill the same mobs over and over and over again for countless of hours for no particular reason other then that they give "rep" with Yungol hating old emperor ghost.

I mean, I prefer actual content then sandbox zone where your only goal is to kill anything in sight.

Once I'm done with emperor rep I will never go back there ever again. Simply because the boredom beats other (non-raid wise) mop patches ten times or even more. I really hope they'll rethink their statement.
    One of the problem with the devs is they don´t take criticism well. This is definitely a case of them throwing out the baby with the bathwater. 5.0 dailies sucked.. but not really that.. Golden Lotus sucked.. Some of the others (CS, AC, Tillers) were fun. 5.1 dailies were fine. Thunder Isle dailies were fine. So basically the devs really screwed up a lot of little things with Golden Lotus.. there was a lot of negative feedback ( mainly about Golden Lotus)..and now their conclusiion is that playes hate any dailies.

There are some cool things on Timeless island, but mostly it is just running in a big circle trying to catch rares as soon as they spawn. I think the 5.1 content was more fun overall. Instead of the devs just throwing away dailies, they should go back and really analyze all the little mistakes they made with Golden Lotus.. There are a bunch of little things that all contributed to the player outrage about dailies in 5.0 that could all be easily fixed. (and most were in 5.1 and later).

kinda pathetic to see the devs in those old shirts from Blizz's heyday. Hanging on to the past while subs decline to record lows. It would be pretty easy to get some new shirts.

Crazy the devs still have not figured it all out. The game has been on the decline since LK when vanilla was totally washed out of the game. There was something kinda cool about having to earn your way up to raids and guilds that meant something. Casuals and noobs had tons of stuff to do. Solo players had lots of fun things to do. Blizz keeps desperately changing the game to get people to play but with every change you have to relearn the game and tons of people stop playing. They added more and more group activities that added way more waiting and queues to the game. After cata I found that spending half a day bouncing in circles waiting fro a group to orm was just a big waste of time. Asshats dont invite you to a group because your gear number is 3 points too low even though you have raided with top 10 worldwide guilds and can do 50k more dps than some tard that stands in fire, aggros packs and wipes a group 20 times because he cant figure out the boss mechanics, but thank god his gear level is 20 points higher than mine!!

Just finished up a free 7day and it just solidified my hate of the game and how bad blizz fails. How clear of a failure is it that blizz makes a pvp island and all the bosses drop 95% pve gear!!! uh duh! 2 shot island just made 7 days of annoyance and all the "please try all these new features" was impossible to try because you cant grind out the gear level and etc in a week.

I just want to love the game again. its just horrible now though. Back to all the free games.....

end /qq

Problem with melee and this is based on what I hear from healers. We do heroics and this is where the melee vs ranged becomes more ugly. The fact is it takes more work for a healer when you have melee instead of ranged. Melee are high maintenance. Sure the fight can be done with melee, but it makes guilds want ranged more.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Toy storage has gone to critical mass in MoP. Heirlooms aren't nearly as big a deal, because I can store them on my banking toon.
    Definitely the "toys" are an issue primarily with being BoP. I would not be against Blizzard throwing in BoAs to the mix as part of their solution to bringing BoAs cross realm and might just be an overall better system than having to mail each item back and forth between realms and then trying to remember which toon on which server did you last leave the item on. Tabards could work with the system as well.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    No its means that its not that hard. On many boss fights in SoO melee just needs to stand and watch out. But ppl are crying since then need to move on Shamans fight.... Why not make all bosses like a dummy and we win...
    Its not that we have to move at all, moving is fine, its the moving and standing there waiting with our fingers up our arses whilst the ranged can happily DPS away that is an issue. Its the fact in most cases its a liability to bring a melee. Less reaction time for melee, higher healing required in some instances. Times where we just cannot DPS the boss resulting in sometimes significant downtime. Easier to deal with some mechanics.

9/10 Ranged DPS just do the job better.

I would rather take a ranged DPS to Dark Shaman, Galakras, Seigecrafter, Nazgrim, Thok, Spoils and Klaxxi over a melee any day of the week. Everything about these fights favor ranged.

15+ Year Old Account
    So camping spawnpoints the whole day, blinking your eyes once and you miss the spawn is better than daily quests? what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its not that we have to move at all, moving is fine, its the moving and standing there waiting with our fingers up our arses whilst the ranged can happily DPS away that is an issue. Its the fact in most cases its a liability to bring a melee. Less reaction time for melee, higher healing required in some instances. Times where we just cannot DPS the boss resulting in sometimes significant downtime. Easier to deal with some mechanics.

I would rather take a ranged DPS to Dark Shaman, Galakras, Seigecrafter, Nazgrim, Thok, Spoils and Klaxxi over a melee any day of the week. Everything about these fights favor ranged.
    Melee aren't complaining that boss fights are too hard (although the total throw up of player/mob AoE ground effects are OUT OF CONTROL but thats another story). Melee want to be competitive right now I have a hell of a time finding pug flex raids because ranged are just more useful on most fights. To me we will be balanced when you can pick up 6 ranged OR 6 melee and nothing will change about the difficulty of the fight. They need to have mechanics that don't heavily impede melee (Thok phase 2) or at least have things equally impede both ranged and melee. The solution is not to exclude melee from mechanics.

To be honest, the timeless isle got boring after a week, I prefer dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post

Range also needs to move from s**t on the ground, if that is hard then the game probably isn't for some ppl. You do realize that while melee moves loss in dps isnt that big of a problem if the mobs/boss is in range, and on many fights he is ( other then Thok ), but while range moves ( hunters excluded ) our lose in dps is much higher? Why it is? Melee that dies from inc dmg on the ground, oozes... isn't a bad game design but lack of concentration and bad reflex? If you know you need to move, then move, don't w8 for the last sec.

Spoils can be a ranged friendly fight, but how many melee does get hit by the adds and get stunned, how many lose dps when they need to move from them or to stand in Animus like beams?

Galakras, more melee fight the ranged, tank grabs the mobs and you aoe them, only not ignoring the prio targets. When the boss lands if you need to move, wel tough luck, so does range...

General Nazgrim, why? because you need to move and kill adds or from that jump ability ( cant remember the name )....

Thok, you cant dps during chase, but during standing you can and you wont be interrupted....

Shamans, you only need to watch for oozes, if te tanks are doing that job that is you only concern, while range has to move from tornados, meteors, oozes if they get aggro.... So much dps loss there. Yes locks are first there on dps meters, but what about other range classes?

Seigecrafter, depending on what you kill you need to move a bit. If you have enough ranged, melee can ignore adds and nuke the boss. Considering you are killing mines or lasers... One of the easiest fights on normal... And yes, as range I am the one who is on the kill duty among the others...

Klaxx, fun fight, depending on a kill order. There isnt that much to move from, well depending on what debuff you have...

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't know if the woman in the video works for Curse or not.
    We had nothing to do with the video.

15+ Year Old Account
    how has there not been a good opportunity to put gnomes in a cinematic? If you can put a human or nightelf in a cinematic, you can stick a few gnomes in there...

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    snip..
    Its quite clear you just want to refute anything to the contrary with "l2p".

Raid Leaders want Ranged DPS.

While there are fights in SoO that are melee tolerable and sure you can get away with bringing 3 melee to some, it is by no means optimal.

This is probably the worst melee raid this expansion, ToT had some pretty bad melee fights but for the most part it was ok. If developers think this is melee friendly, we are in trouble.

90 comments and no one has mentioned it yet!? Am i the only one who thinks the round table hostess is the hottest chick out there that knows about WOW?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    "My bags are full."

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    how has there not been a good opportunity to put gnomes in a cinematic? If you can put a human or nightelf in a cinematic, you can stick a few gnomes in there...
    Yeah.. the MoP cinematic would have been much cooler if it had been an orc and gnome fighting before they met the Panda...

But really, MoP would have probably been the best one at using a gnome since it was a bit more lighthearted.. but I can´believe people actually think about stuff like this.. do you know how silly it seems that ´your´ race not being in the cinematics is a cause for concern?? really?

Range also needs to move from s**t on the ground, if that is hard then the game probably isn't for some ppl. You do realize that while melee moves loss in dps isnt that big of a problem if the mobs/boss is in range, and on many fights he is ( other then Thok ), but while range moves ( hunters excluded ) our lose in dps is much higher? Why it is? Melee that dies from inc dmg on the ground, oozes... isn't a bad game design but lack of concentration and bad reflex? If you know you need to move, then move, don't w8 for the last sec.

Spoils can be a ranged friendly fight, but how many melee does get hit by the adds and get stunned, how many lose dps when they need to move from them or to stand in Animus like beams?

Galakras, more melee fight the ranged, tank grabs the mobs and you aoe them, only not ignoring the prio targets. When the boss lands if you need to move, wel tough luck, so does range...

General Nazgrim, why? because you need to move and kill adds or from that jump ability ( cant remember the name )....

Thok, you cant dps during chase, but during standing you can and you wont be interrupted....

Shamans, you only need to watch for oozes, if te tanks are doing that job that is you only concern, while range has to move from tornados, meteors, oozes if they get aggro.... So much dps loss there. Yes locks are first there on dps meters, but what about other range classes?

Seigecrafter, depending on what you kill you need to move a bit. If you have enough ranged, melee can ignore adds and nuke the boss. Considering you are killing mines or lasers... One of the easiest fights on normal... And yes, as range I am the one who is on the kill duty among the others...

Klaxx, fun fight, depending on a kill order. There isnt that much to move from, well depending on what debuff you have...
    The only melee class that is most problematic is the Warrior and his stupid rage mechanic. If we don't hit stuff - we don't get rage - we can't do shit, and with that we lose a ton of DPS and utility, unlike Rogues for example who regenerate energy and can explode right back into action once they return from their running away routine, similar goes for Monks, DKs, Druids, Paladin & Shaman, compared to the Warrior. The rage mechanic is just broken and ought to be replaced 2 expansions ago with something else.

Besides there is really no point arguing about. There is a time a melee class can not deal damage to his target (may it be a boss, add or something that needs to die or be destroyed), there is no such time for ranged classes or very seldom - we can end the discussion here, everyone has to move, but not everyone has to drop all his damage while he's on the move.

Just to give you an example, Spoils of Pandaria, Mantid mini boss, you get mines, you need to run and drop them, as a melee, you lose your damage completely for the time you're dropping mines, a caster/ranged, just run and insta cast whilst dropping mines. And that's a banal example, but there's so much of that mini crap where you have to move as melee and lose some uptime compared to range is just sad.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't know if the woman in the video works for Curse or not.

In the odd chance that she does, could you please tell her that it's very rude to constantly interrupt the developers during the interview?

I'm not watching the video to hear her voice, I want to know what the DEVs have to say, so tell her to shut up and let the other guy express his thoughts!
    I actually wished she was the only one talking, and in frame for that matter.