Can't decide which to progress with, Rogue or Warrior?

With SoO and so many cleave fights or fights that include adds, Assassination has fallen quite behind in the DPS charts, not to mention it's almost a brain dead rotation/spec.

I've recently started gearing up my Warrior for PvP and even did some PvE and it was quite fun. I was having a blast and caught on to the rotation pretty easile (Arms). I've been really bored of Assassination due to its incredibly boring game play, and while Combat is doing pretty well I've always wanted to play Sub although with the positional requirement and weak AoE capabilities it's not the best.

My only dilemma is that my Rogue is a lot better geared than my Warrior and getting caught up could take weeks. If I played both that would take up too much time and I simple don't want to do that. I've always sort of wanted to get off my Rogue since being an only DPS class wasn't always for me and on my Warrior I could get some tank pieces a long the way. Is it worth it to put my Rogue on the shelf, at least for PvE, in order to gear up my Warrior even if he is quite a bit of ilvls behind? Or are Rogues outside of Combat viable in SoO?

Rogues are most certainly viable in SOO. Most of the fights are fairly melee friendly IMO. There haven't been any fights that I felt truly gimped on.

The only benefit the warrior has in my opinion is the option to dual spec as tank...otherwise both classes are relatively balanced on terms of PVE. I think it would depend on your raid group and which class would have the least amount of competition for gear.

Between timeless, flex, LFR, catching up this tier is a bit easier.

Warriors are definitely better this tier than they have been in tiers past. Their cleave is ludicrously high too (kind of surprised it hasn't been nerfed). Being able to tank is definitely a plus too, as you said. I don't know much about the playstyle, but it sounds very rhythmic.

Every rogue spec is viable currently. Assassination remains strong and is probably the best spec at lower SoO gear levels. Once you get 2pc and can pump up both your crit and haste a bit, the pace starts to pick up and makes the spec feel a lot more fluid. Subt and Combat start to pull ahead as you get H SoO gear (especially AoC; the CDRR trinket). Personally, I'm really enjoying Subtlety and running it on every fight (with really, really good results). A warrior could be a good option since one of the few things I don't like about my rogue is the lack of a tank spec.

If you're not planning on raiding seriously, just play whichever you like most. Not having the meta/cloak on your warrior is a pretty big deal. However, you can catch up quite quickly if you're diligent and have enough playtime each reset (basically, running every LFR + T14 N/H each week until you don't need the quest items from each place; there's also the long A Test of Valor part that sucks, but you just need to cap VP each week during that period). All the other gear will come just from grinding full Timeless gear then running SoO LFR, flex, and N/H each week.

I don't know if this post is that helpful, since all anyone can tell you is "play what you enjoy most" and that gearing the warrior shouldn't be a big deal, but it will require a significant chuck of playtime to do quickly.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-10-07 at 08:14 PM.

Feint + Cloak + Vanish = godmode for a melee especially feint which is one of the best spells in the whole game. I have a 560 Rogue i progress with (but only 1/13 hc atm) and a 520 fury warrior twink just for fun and sometimes i feel really helpless on my warrior without my "oh shit"-buttons. And as Squirl said not having meta/cloak costs you more dmg than you imagine. It's insane what the cloak does on cleave-fights and there are many this tier.

It's hard to quantify but what ever Dps you trix will have considerably more Dps. You can sort of consider it " yours " in that it would not exist if you were not in raid.

Bench your Rogue if you're fine with knowing you'll eventually be forced to tank on your Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    It's hard to quantify but what ever Dps you trix will have considerably more Dps. You can sort of consider it " yours " in that it would not exist if you were not in raid.
    The same can be said for Skull Banner. Also, TotT averages out to just 3% more DPS on one person in your raid at the cost of <1% of your own DPS. You can get tricky with it and use it on whoever has CDs up or change TotT targets for AoE phases to eek out some extra performance. Skull Banner is almost certainly more DPS for your whole raid though.

Also, xfreeder has a good point here:

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    Feint + Cloak + Vanish = godmode for a melee especially feint which is one of the best spells in the whole game.
    Rogues have insane personal survivability while Warriors seem pretty helpless in a lot of situations.