25man Normal Raid lockout system

So my guild has a plan to clear a good few bosses in SoO on normal 25 on thursday and then extend the future raids of the week to garrosh so we can continue progressing.
    My question here is is it actually possible ? I was under the impression that when you kill a boss you are locked to that specific raidlock for the rest of the week.
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

The ability to extend a lockout was added quite some time ago so you'll be fine. They also added the ability to join other lockouts as well.

You would have to sit someone who has the lockout extended, so they couldn't join in on the first bosses or their lockout would be reset as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerio View Post
    The ability to extend a lockout was added quite some time ago so you'll be fine. They also added the ability to join other lockouts as well.
    maybe i worded it slightly incorrectly. I am aware that you can infact extend, but i was under the impression that you can not do that in the middle of a lockout. But if that is indeed possible then all will be well.
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Oh ok yeah I think you have to wait for the reset before you can extend a lockout but it'll work

Thurs 10/10 you go in and kill 5 bosses
    Tues 10/15 your raid leader extends the lockout
    Thurs 10/17 your raid leader invites people and zones in. When anyone else zones, it'll ask if they want to join a lockout with 5 bosses dead.

I don't remember if the person who extended has to physically be in the instance or not before other people zone, or if being leader of the group is what does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerio View Post
    Thurs 10/10 you go in and kill 5 bosses
    Tues 10/15 your raid leader extends the lockout
    Thurs 10/17 your raid leader invites people and zones in. When anyone else zones, it'll ask if they want to join a lockout with 5 bosses dead.
    Thats a tad different to what were trying to accomplish. Lets say we have a Farm night on thursday 10/10 and we get upto 8/14, but on sunday 13/10 we want to extend upto garrosh and progress for the rest of the week.
    Is it actually possible?
    wise words

Ohhh no you can't skip bosses, unless you know of someone with a 13/14 lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    Thats a tad different to what were trying to accomplish. Lets say we have a Farm night on thursday 10/10 and we get upto 8/14, but on sunday 13/10 we want to extend upto garrosh and progress for the rest of the week.
    Is it actually possible?
    I think u can accomplish this by getting a random alt of one ur raiders saved to an 13/14 id. Dont know if it stills works with just zoning in to an 13/14 id but to be safe just carry him through paragons.

Then You can allways extend this id and let that twink open another raid for the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Karambo View Post
    I think u can accomplish this by getting a random alt of one ur raiders saved to an 13/14 id. Dont know if it stills works with just zoning in to an 13/14 id but to be safe just carry him through paragons.

Then You can allways extend this id and let that twink open another raid for the progress.
    iirc you would just need to zone in for heroic but for normal you would have to kill a boss to get a save

To the op I am just going to try and clear it up as you haven't been very clear in exactly what you want to do.

If I understand correctly you have a save at 13/14 atm.

Next reset you want to kill lets say 5 bosses and then go back to that 13/14 save on another night.

From the limited understanding of the lockout system i have you can do this but ONLY IF 1 of your raiders with that 13/14 save does not go on the 5 bosses on that character and instead brings an alt.
    Then he switches back to his main and extends his personal lockout(not sure if you do this before or after the reset). He should then be the raid leader when you want to do the last boss and zone in first.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2013-10-07 at 11:20 PM.

we do have a 13/14 lockout at the moment and that is pretty much what we want to do Aktec.

Thank you everybody for your help
    wise words

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid kills 13/14 normal, decides to kill some easy farm bosses next week, but skip the harder ones, person A then extends his lockout and sits for the first 8 bosses. Then when you want, you can all get out of the dungeon, invite him in, let him enter first and then go in after him. You're now in a 13/14 save. This only works as long as you don't kill any heroic bosses.

You can't mix heroic bosses, but with normal you can do that. We do it all the time.