Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    I've never done PvP with a girl that was good.
    By the looks of things you have never done PvP with anyone that was good.

On topic though, were they wrong? Probably, can't really get full context though but most likely. But you did fuck up after and get called out on it, shouldn't let it happen and/or when it does, just shit talk back.
    Last edited by zethh; 2013-10-08 at 07:13 AM.

Deleted
    That's kind of surprising, I mean not really but I would have thought they would try to flirt with you instead.

This is why I pretend I'm a guy and why I don't pvp with randoms, sadly. <- girl too. You guys guilty of this should be ashamed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark Son View Post
    That's kind of surprising, I mean not really but I would have thought they would try to flirt with you instead.
    It would seem the two extremes are that guys either try to flirt with girls online or constantly berate them... and then probably try and hit on them afterwards. Probably some deep underlying insecurity issues working for both, tied in with expression of dominance and somesuch.

Like on my server, a guy and his girlfriend would occasionally pop up in trade chat... and all the guy would do is constantly smack-talk her in trade chat.

As for how to respond... I dunno. Smack talk 'em right back? "I'll be using your scrotum as a decorative change holder by the end of the match if you don't shut your trap and get back to playing!"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-10-08 at 07:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jokes will be made and I've made fun of pretty much everyone, including females during raids of BGs I'm in vent with. The trick is when you're joking around to actually do it jokingly and not actually mean it, it's also something you shouldn't constantly repeat either as with everything.

Sounds like the OP just really had a bunch of douche bags. Most of the girls I play with don't mind mild sexist comments as long as it's not really meant and isn't something that you just constantly repeat over the course of the event. Being uptight about everything is bad too. The girls I play with will sling mud too, but it's all in good fun, so they aren't necessarily taken back when someone chimes back with "I can't hear you from the kitchen", which ironically is something they will say more than any male we play with lol.

As a whole I find the PvP community really awful and I've been gladiator multiple times over the years. There are some really good people who like the competition and also are actually good people. I find it worst at the bottom to mid level and at the very top. There are loads of ignorant males doing PvP and label themselves as "PvPers" who are just fucking god awful. Most of them lash out like this because they have really low self esteem and making somebody else feel bad is basically the only real joy they get out of the game.

Most of these people really do label themselves as "PvPers" and that PvE is for noobs. They usually trash talk pretty much everything and they typically have less than 1600 rating in 2s or 3s with hundreds of games played.

Sorry you had a bad experience in RBGs. RBGs are cancers anyways.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-10-08 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    I hate girls who lead you on making you think they got feelings for you just so you can give them stuff then they throw you in the ditch.

Consider that sexism if you want but its reality. 80% of females I've talked to in WoW are like that.
    Sounds like alot of women I've known IRL....

As for my take they were assholes...Plain and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    You should probably try to play with people that are over 13.
    'Took the words out of my mouth. You should've left them the second shit started to fall onto you: there's no reasoning or working around people like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    People are assholes in person too, billionaires are assholes, foreign leaders are assholes...Not just gamers....

Just a side note: 1800-2200 rbgs? That is a REALLY big rating difference. If you don't like sexism in pug rbgs...don't pug rbgs?
    Yeah it was a huge range, I think people were just there for the points. Funnily enough it was me and my friend and some others who were quiet that were 2.2k, and the leaders and the dude who were smack-talking were only 1800 :P I just hope another girl will never have to deal with them! Well, I wasn't aware of how bad the sexism could be before now. I, and many others, can deal with quite a bit, but not this much. I certainly won't be pugging rbgs again that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately your performance kind of substantiated their initial concerns. I mean you admittedly played poorly that match and even went so far as to abandon the team.

Assholes or not, the fact that they find victims is more upsetting. I mean most of the girls I've know who fit in this cathegory are one step above totally stupid, what does that make the guys they screw over.

Then again this is WoW (refuge from Real Life for some people)...

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Unfortunately your performance kind of substantiated their initial concerns. I mean you admittedly played poorly that match and even went so far as to abandon the team.
    I did that because they kicked me from the call, though, after yelling at me (very loudly) and calling me retarded. What should I have done?

Deleted
    People bashing other people on the internet is nothing new so whats the thread for?

The reason why a lot of people are so harsh towards girls is because still a large amount of the girls playing games are kinda attention whores... some in a very direct way, some a little bit more "discrete". In the end its also a fault of guys because lots of them actually WANT the girls to be attention whores, they want them to act the way they do and encourage them to do so by giving them the attention.

I personally really dont care wheather i play with girls or guys, but unfortunately you wont every get of group with 5 girls and 5 guys and all are ok... instead it will always be something like 2 girls and 8 guys and chances are quite high that at least one of the girls wants attention and then it really is annoying (at least if you want to play competitively). Of course its not only the girls fault but the guys who get an errection as soon as they hear a girl on vent and want to talk to her at all costs... but you cant kick 5 guys because of this, its easier to just noch invite the 1 girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not condoning the behavior, but it likely stems from the fact PvPers tend to be a very curious group. They treat the game more like an FPS than an MMORPG. And in the FPS community, well in keeping with most of the barrel-bottom internet communities, see females as a lesser species who are only good at cooking.
    Never noticed that about the FPS community part not consciously at least..

But can someone with the mentality of those she grouped with please try to explain it to me. I never understood the idea of hating someone on gender...

Deleted
    Sadly the majority of WoW players are antisocial little shits. I encounter sexism, homophobia and racism on a daily basis and they seem to think it's OK. At the end of the day though you know in your mind that you are a good person and they are scum, that's all that counts.

Deleted
    The behaviour they showed is wrong, but can be explained also.

First you need to know that the average male wow player (not saying all, but average) is a single guy, usually in his early to late twenties. On average these guys are a bit of the nerdy, socially limited people. Now, this kind of guy does not communicate with females very often, if at all, therefore they are totally unsure about what to say or do when they get the attention of a female.
    Now imagine a bunch of these guys playing together, sititng on skype, and a female joins them. None of them knows something nice to say to a female, so they resolve to making jokes about it, to hide the fact that they don't know any better and to impress the other nerds (nerds, like all other type of male, want to impress their fellow males, nerds in this case).

You totally should not be bothered by this, keep playing cause like i said this type of nerd is just the average male wow player, not all players are like them and if you keep joining pugs you will find a nice group eventually, stick around with them

If you want to observe / learn more about the nerd-type i described above, there is a golden chance for this, check the internet for a "friday night magic" close to your town, this is a gathering of MTG players and the exact type of nerd i described above flock there like bees to honey If you do go there, bring some deo to use on them because the smell is unbearable otherwise

Honey. Do like me. Start to softly whisper, and then when they turn up their mice give out your most feminine-witch-screech!
    Oh lawd
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Well, you really wonder?

Lots of males in company is almost always going to end up sexistic, no matter in a women is there or not.
    And especially PVP-elitists are one of the worst breed of humanlike creatures, that just dont have a sense for Moral or anything not PWN-related. Well aside from facemelting.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Lashing back will make you look worse to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I'd of said either: "Don't worry guys, I'm not here to argue sense into sexists. It's futile."
    Except, that is starting an argument and a problem.

In all honesty I would've just kept playing, ignoring them and doing a better job then them. Games are a primarily male dominated area, and sadly many of these guys feel the need to make it out that they're better then women, stronger and more powerful, when in reality they're all super nice to their mothers, and wouldn't dare say the same stuff to someone's face.

I know that doesn't help when you're online, but sadly sexism is just part of the online community. If it happens in places where you can report abusive behavior, be sure to do so, otherwise you can leave and not bother with it, or just keep ignoring them.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorias View Post
    Honey. Do like me. Start to softly whisper, and then when they turn up their mice give out your most feminine-witch-screech!
    Yeh, don't so this. There is nothing more annoying then some girl screaming at the top of their lungs on Ventrilo. Not only is it a pain in the ass to everyone (Sexist or not), it also just gives the few sexist jerks reason to abuse you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get a voice changer program .
    Problem fixed!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    The behaviour they showed is wrong, but can be explained also.

First you need to know that the average male wow player (not saying all, but average) is a single guy, usually in his early to late twenties. On average these guys are a bit of the nerdy, socially limited people. Now, this kind of guy does not communicate with females very often, if at all, therefore they are totally unsure about what to say or do when they get the attention of a female.
    Now imagine a bunch of these guys playing together, sititng on skype, and a female joins them. None of them knows something nice to say to a female, so they resolve to making jokes about it, to hide the fact that they don't know any better and to impress the other nerds (nerds, like all other type of male, want to impress their fellow males, nerds in this case).

You totally should not be bothered by this, keep playing cause like i said this type of nerd is just the average male wow player, not all players are like them and if you keep joining pugs you will find a nice group eventually, stick around with them

If you want to observe / learn more about the nerd-type i described above, there is a golden chance for this, check the internet for a "friday night magic" close to your town, this is a gathering of MTG players and the exact type of nerd i described above flock there like bees to honey If you do go there, bring some deo to use on them because the smell is unbearable otherwise
    Ahem as a single late 20s nerdy male who's only experience with women and sex has bern negative gotta say this doesn't apply to us all...

As far as gender goes I'm rather indifferent...Short of an actual relationship....I do seem to come across on occasion as a creepy fella I guess by say helping with gifts or money in game but I do that for ALL my friends regardless of gender...Just my nature to do so...Even IRL I'll often help both male and female friends out.

So just saying not all of us are like that...But then I'm also the type who can be rather easygoing to.