Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People troll in WoW and flame people irrelevant of whether they are good or bad.

These people exist in the MMO you play, the people that play WoW make the game what it is, if you don't like it you don't have to play.

I thought people would get this after 8 years.

But the "haha XDdD gurl gam3r =3 i play plants vs zombies giv me gold i'm a gurl" stereotype hasn't come from nowhere, and you can't get angry simply because people come to conclusion based on stereotypes, its just how people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    But the "haha XDdD gurl gam3r =3 i play plants vs zombies giv me gold i'm a gurl" stereotype hasn't come from nowhere.
    The "MMO Players are basement virgins" stereotype didn't come from nowhere, either.

Deleted
    The "MMO Players are basement virgins" stereotype didn't come from nowhere, either.
    Exactly.

"Message too short"

Someone was mean to me on the internet, call 911.

Really?

Both sides are sexist.

Men say women can't play, women say men can't get a girlfriend.

It's all around us.

No need to make it reach the news page.

But the "haha XDdD gurl gam3r =3 i play plants vs zombies giv me gold i'm a gurl" stereotype hasn't come from nowhere.
    I agree, as a female gamer, I've come across that type of player from time to time and they bug the ever-loving shit out of me. But only the immature and small-minded see those people and extrapolate their behavior onto every other female playing the game.
    Last edited by Chudah; 2013-10-08 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post
    I just had the worst WoW experience of my life, after playing the game for 6+ years.

I was invited to a 1800-2.2k rbg group by my friend. I do fear speaking in Skype with randoms as I've experienced sexism many times in pvp on WoW. They did a mic check, and I was hesitating on speaking, but in the end I spoke and they all found out that I was a girl. Now, I'm not low-rated or anything; I have Gladiator and am currently 2.1k rated and I do not expect to get carried by anyone. But the first thing they said upon finding out I was a girl was, "Oh, it's a girl. We're going to lose" "Don't want to carry some dumb bitch" and some mimicking of my voice ensued. And of course, I was very shocked and taken aback.

This caused me to be completely quiet throughout the game and I ended up not paying attention to their calls. I missed their call on asking me to peel back from the flag and then all hell went loose. I had 3 people yelling at me calling me retarded, stupid and worst of all, "she's a girl she can't listen for shit". I had one of them whispering me calling me retarded and an idiot and I was trying to defend myself, saying that I accidentally wasn't listening because everyone was being so mean. I got kicked from the call and I promptly left the group in the middle of the bg.

I really should have left at the first hint of sexism but I wanted so badly to prove them wrong, and only made things worse.

This is the first pug rbg I've done and it's made me very afraid to do any more. Have any of you girls or guys out there had any experiences/witnessed something like this or was I just incredibly unlucky?
    You're dealing with people in a relatively anonymous situation. They're going to act how they want without fear or consequence.

My question is what's the purpose of posting this. People said some bad things to you. so what. Next time leave. There's no way to mitigate it, legislate it or change it. And why does it have to be changed?

Next thing you know they'll give trophies to everybody just for participating, oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    even in a physical competition, a female can be just as good as any male
    Yeah, let's not push the limits here. Stay on topic. Don't even get me started on physical competition. There's a reason Olympics have separate events for the sexes.

even in a physical competition, a female can be just as good as any male
    Now you're simply being ridiculous.

You could always get a decent voice changer and disguise your voice while in groups with randoms. It isn't an ideal situation, but if you just wanted to avoid being drawn into an uncomfortable place it could defer suspicion and help you maintain your privacy.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    As said before: Physically, yes. Majority of the time men are physically stronger than women in certain aspects of the body. But, men and women's motor skills in video games has been proven to be equal.
    I agree with that fully, just that Moon should have made their post more clear.

Eh I'd argue that hiding from it only perpetuates the problem.

Take it, handle it, and show them that you're here for good. Bonus points if you can play just as good as they can. You have to face stereotypes head-on and build a new trend such that when people bring up the stereotype, people eventually just start saying "well that's not always the case" and slowly they fade out and only fragments of that idea are left behind.

I think another problem with it is that boys don't want to be beat by a girl. Brings up painful childhood teasing memories. YOU THROW LIKE A GIRL etc.

Sexism on both sides, all around.
    Girls are mean to girls
    Guys are mean to guys
    Girls are mean to guys
    Guys are mean to girls.

Conclusion: Humans are mean to one another.
    Solution: Give less fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    This reply is my favourite post of the day and hits home with so many it will most likely be ridiculed or ignored by many
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This reply is my favourite post of the day and hits home with so many it will most likely be ridiculed or ignored by many
    +1
    Definitely.

Does one get bonus points if you're a gamer girl virgin basement dweller?

Oh why am I asking? No reason in particular...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Wow what a bunch of idiots.
    Pretty much this.
    Just ignore what those Idiots say or leave the group.

They don't deserve you anyway.

I know it's easy to say, just ignore it and prove them wrong, but in certain circumstances that can be tough.

A few years back a friend of mine got my alt invited into a PuG that our server's top guild was hosting. They were running alts through older content and needed several more to get 25. The alt I was on had been dragged through some arenas by another friend after begging and cajoling I joined him even though we were both in blues mid-expansion. Needless to say I think we only won 2 out of 10 fights so my arena ranking was about as low as it could be. So anyway, I join the raid and immediately harangued and mocked endlessly between every pull for my sucky PVP rating. My thoughts were mostly what every is saying as far as I brushed it off and didn't worry about it. I was trying to laugh and mock myself a little in vent to allow some self deprecating humor to diffuse their mocking, but alas the fates saw to it that I had a mic problem that I didn't realize until a week later, so they didn't hear me.

Long story short, I died in more fires during that alt run that I had running with my guild all expansion. While I thought it wasn't bothering me, looking back at it, I would have to admit I was pretty distracted, and by staying only reinforced their mocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Definitely.

Does one get bonus points if you're a gamer girl virgin basement dweller?

Oh why am I asking? No reason in particular...

At least I live in an apartment...

Deleted
    Cool elaborate troll.
    Cool ban bait.
    Cool buzzwords everywhere.

Shitty public forums.
    Fuck off and die.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-10-08 at 01:30 PM.

But the "haha XDdD gurl gam3r =3 i play plants vs zombies giv me gold i'm a gurl" stereotype hasn't come from nowhere, and you can't get angry simply because people come to conclusion based on stereotypes, its just how people are.
    The safe money says that 95% of gamers who say "i'm a gurl IRL" are guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The safe money says that 95% of gamers who say "i'm a gurl IRL" are guys.
    14/f/cali here, u?

Deleted
    As long as players in my group do their job, I don't care really how they look or what's between their legs. In fact I don't care if they underperform either, come to think of it. Because I know that what type of chromosomes your cells contain doesn't actually matter (as long as you're human, anyway) for your relative skill at a video game.

What gets me are the chivalrous pricks. The "knight-in-shining-armour" guys who always come to the defense of any damsel in perceived distress. They give me awkward vibes. I don't really know why, though. So I was kind of wondering what you ladies think of them?