Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

At least I live in an apartment...
    It's a basement apartment okay.

OP: Cheer up anyways. As you can see from this thread, people suck everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CHNurf View Post
    What gets me are the chivalrous pricks. The "knight-in-shining-armour" guys who always come to the defense of any damsel in perceived distress. They give me awkward vibes. I don't really know why, though. So I was kind of wondering what you ladies think of them?
    Creeps to the extreme and half the reason a chunk of my RiD still thinks I'm a guy and the fact I lie about my gender when asked unless voice comm is required.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post
    I just had the worst WoW experience of my life, after playing the game for 6+ years.

I was invited to a 1800-2.2k rbg group by my friend. I do fear speaking in Skype with randoms as I've experienced sexism many times in pvp on WoW. They did a mic check, and I was hesitating on speaking, but in the end I spoke and they all found out that I was a girl. Now, I'm not low-rated or anything; I have Gladiator and am currently 2.1k rated and I do not expect to get carried by anyone. But the first thing they said upon finding out I was a girl was, "Oh, it's a girl. We're going to lose" "Don't want to carry some dumb bitch" and some mimicking of my voice ensued. And of course, I was very shocked and taken aback.

This caused me to be completely quiet throughout the game and I ended up not paying attention to their calls. I missed their call on asking me to peel back from the flag and then all hell went loose. I had 3 people yelling at me calling me retarded, stupid and worst of all, "she's a girl she can't listen for shit". I had one of them whispering me calling me retarded and an idiot and I was trying to defend myself, saying that I accidentally wasn't listening because everyone was being so mean. I got kicked from the call and I promptly left the group in the middle of the bg.

I really should have left at the first hint of sexism but I wanted so badly to prove them wrong, and only made things worse.

This is the first pug rbg I've done and it's made me very afraid to do any more. Have any of you girls or guys out there had any experiences/witnessed something like this or was I just incredibly unlucky?
    It's clear you know how to PvP with Glad and rating etc. Why would you give a shit about Smack talkers? If anything. Don't PuG RGB's. Your always going to deal with Trash. PuG's are where nobody gives a shit and there are no rules. I tried a PuG 1 time to try and get to 2200 in my RBG hit up vent and walked into an AIDS joke followed up by black jokes. I am laid back dude but no thanks. I don't want to hear that shit in my game. There are millions of others to play this game with. Hook up with a guild running with them to afford most trash.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; 2013-10-08 at 01:44 PM.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Get mad.

Bullies respect rage. Soon as someone starts to talk shit go off the handle a bit, that will shut all of them up. It's hard, and stressful for you (it will get your blood pressure up a bit if you do it right) but one brief moment of stress is worth the benefit. Your essentially acting, but you already have an emotion to back up the authenticity.

There are a lot of ignorant people in the world. Sexist, racist, radical, narrow-minded, self-absorbed, rude, selfish; and everytime I meet one I want to punch them in the face. Needless to say, I don't tolerate their presence, and they don't stick around me very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Down with the patriarchy!

r-right?
    Support feminism, DOWN WITH MEN.

r-right? g-guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerds are scared of girls, and when you challenge them in their territory, they are likely to resort to their numbers.

On a serious note: i actually have no idea what to say about this. Seems you found people there who desperately need help.

The bottom line should be to dust off your shoes and move on. The more upset you get about this, the more control you've handed them over you. It was a crappy situation, but that doesn't mean you have to dwell on it. Learn from it and if something like it happens again, you'll know to handle it differently. Just remember that the more you care about what other people think of you, the more power you give them as well.
    Last edited by Chudah; 2013-10-08 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well, you really wonder?

Lots of males assholes in company is[sic] almost always going to end up sexistic[sic], no matter in[sic] a women is there or not.
    And especially PVP-elitists are one of the worst breed of humanlike creatures, that just dont have a sense for Moral or anything not PWN-related. Well aside from facemelting.
    FIFY. Please don't presume you speak for everyone of a given gender.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

All I know is I keep seeing people use the word "sexistic" in this thread, and it's giving me a headache. It's "sexist", or if you prefer something a little more descriptive, "chauvinistic".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Nerds are scared of girls, and when you challenge them in their territory, they are likely to resort to their numbers.

On a serious note: i actually have no idea what to say about this. Seems you found people there who desperately need help.
    That actually sums it up. They were afraid of a girl. That is the reason they acted up.

On a side note, where was your "friend"? He (I am guessing it was a guy) should have either stood up for you, or at least told you to ignore them, because they are jerks. I once made all warriors drop from a 40 man in vanilla, because the druids were harassing a rogue who was a female in real life and the raid leaders did nothing. She was too afraid to leave the raid, but when all the tanks and best dds in raid dropped, that got everyones attention. She was 35 years old at the time and an accomplished writer for the biggest gaming magazine in our country, but sexist remarks from a bunch of kids got to her. This is something we men will never experience, but should be aware of. There is no harmless sexism.
    In case of jerks, /leave.

PS. Neo-feminism, led by angry lesbians, who by definition hate men, makes it harder for us to stand up for women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Sexism on the internet? Oh wow, what else is new? And you actually proved their point, lol. "This caused me to be completely quiet throughout the game and I ended up not paying attention to their calls. I missed their call on asking me to peel back from the flag and then all hell went loose." - of course you'll be called retarded and stupid after that. So meh. Learn to either endure this or talk back/stand your ground.
    If you actually read the OP you would've seen she said they already called her retarded and stupid before she was kicked off the voice-com, and nobody should have to "endure" this kind of bullshit from anybody. After reading your signature I realize you're not a very clever person.

strange , i would expect the contrary , people to be happy to have a girl , usually thats a reaction in raids or run's , having someone else apart all males , and even if that happen insult asap only cos its a girl , without checking the character ? just from the start , duno but seems way to strange for me

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    That actually sums it up. They were afraid of a girl. That is the reason they acted up.

On a side note, where was your "friend"? He (I am guessing it was a guy) should have either stood up for you, or at least told you to ignore them, because they are jerks. I once made all warriors drop from a 40 man in vanilla, because the druids were harassing a rogue who was a female in real life and the raid leaders did nothing. She was too afraid to leave the raid, but when all the tanks and best dds in raid dropped, that got everyones attention. She was 35 years old at the time and an accomplished writer for the biggest gaming magazine in our country, but sexist remarks from a bunch of kids got to her. This is something we men will never experience, but should be aware of. There is no harmless sexism.
    In case of jerks, /leave.

PS. Neo-feminism, led by angry lesbians, who by definition hate men, makes it harder for us to stand up for women.
    Yes yes of course all men are terrible how dares us. Dammit I wish I wasn't born a white male now i'm a sexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't like it then leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Karenai View Post
    As a female, I agree with this. There's nothing wrong with a man coming to your aide. I'm certainly not a damsel in distress, but if a male friend sticks up for me, I will take that help graciously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I'm going to be blatantly honest. I do not believe a second you got glad or high ratings by yourself if you never got acostumed to the PvP community at all and are actually 'shocked' or 'taken back' by such behaviors. I have no idea how you can not expect childiness from an internet community, let alone a PvP one in a MMO at that. This has nothing to do with your gender or anything so far.

Yes, they were sexist, but either you are naive as a child, trolling, or grossly exaggerating. You're also taking for sexism a lot of things that aren't related to your gender at all - they were calling you stupid because you couldn't listen to a call made on TS first and foremost, not because you had boobs. Only the pre-game part reeks of sexism, and even then it still seems pretty tame.
    From reading your post, you're just annoyed that you played badly and got called out for it. The 'girl' part is just topping it off - it's not the other way around.

If you're not trolling and not exaggerating, then you probably need to find a way to grow a thicker skin, for your own sake (and I'm saying this as advice for the future, not as anything else). Getting hurt by such meaningless sentences isn't something good for you, especially if they are stupid.
    I've been thinking of how I could say this on a nice way but I suppose ↑ will do. While sexism is involved, and yes, it sucks, it's like this in every game, not just towards females but also males, but that's not the big issue here. Someone that is supposedly that high ranked in one of the more immature communities, the PvP community, should have been used to this already and not making a big deal out of this.

All I really see is someone that is annoyed because she screwed up and got called out of it, trying to make the guys look like the bad guys because they teased/harassed you a little, which again, happens to everyone. They were wrong, but so were you, so really, no need to make such a big deal about this.

Deleted
    I can't believe there are people in this thread stupid enough to use an example of sexism to act like sexism doesn't exist. I mean, come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    this reminds me of the 'If Women ruled WoW"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqTvdz7mv7c

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

OP: these games are already rife with social rejects who exploit anonymity and in-game peerage to seek projected revenge or act out any number of the idiotic fantasies that would get their jaw broken in real life.

PvP players tend to be even worse -- a lot of low-intelligence, dead-end grocery-bagger types or outright scumbags. Tread carefully until you can find a group of normal adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    I learned a long time ago to expect things like this from people that are serious about PVP, it seems much more common compared to people serious about PVE.

Internet courage/anonymity gives people like this even more of a reason to act like that.

They might have just been checking to see how you handle certain comments, or how much self confidence you have too, and/or they could just be outright douche bags.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset