Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Goodtimes in LFR, how elitist are some?

In LFR, hunter here, and we jsut wiped, everyone starts bitching about DPS, the #4 guy is going bonkers, so i blurt out this factoid which got me kicked.

I said, while all you noobs are shouting about DPS, im sitting her at #2 pulling 106k dps and spamming a ONE BUTTON macro.

/run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","0")
    /castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,00,
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Glaive Toss
    /castsequence reset=0.5 0,Dire Beast
    /castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
    /cast [combat] Kill Shot
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /petattack
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX","1")

thats it, and i remind them how pathetic they all sound doing 70 and 80k and shouting at others to do more DPS.

Sure, macros fail, but generally so does LFR, and with my current ilvl of 506 no enchants or gems, not bad for a macro. and my weapon does suck

Pointless thread, just never been kicked like that before, maybe i upset them all.

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    In LFR, hunter here, and we jsut wiped, everyone starts bitching about DPS, the #4 guy is going bonkers, so i blurt out this factoid which got me kicked.

I said, while all you noobs are shouting about DPS, im sitting her at #2 pulling 106k dps and spamming a ONE BUTTON macro.

/cast [combat] Kill Shot
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /petattack

thats it, and i remind them how pathetic they all sound doing 70 and 80k and shouting at others to do more DPS.

Sure, macros fail, but generally so does LFR, and with my current ilvl of 506 no enchants or gems, not bad for a macro. and my weapon does suck

Pointless thread, just never been kicked like that before, maybe i upset them all.
    with average players pulling over 250k on single target boss fights nobody in your raid appears to have much room to talk about bad dps.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

wdh, I'm not sure if you're the same guy - But I met someone on the PTR who was trying to make one button macros for every class? (I helped you with your Mage / Hunter)

Is that you?

Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea to call people out in today's game. Even though I think the game would greatly benefit from people being accepting of not tolerating players who do 70k dps on 490+ chars in a raid, that's not the case.

If we could openly question these people, the LFR would be a much nicer place (we would likely not need it either). Probably because a lot of these people don't realize just how wrong they are doing things, and would improve tremendously if more players said something / gave advice.

How is a one-button macro fun?

Game? Fun?

na not me, i dont go on PTR, macros like that are great for quest daily grinding, and LFR lol.

So let me get this right ......

OP: you call the others in the raid *pathetic* you *brag about how you hammering 1 macro, you have no gems or enchants as it does not matter as LFR *fails* anyway

Tbh i would have voted to kick you also, nomatter how much dps you are pulling, the arrogant attitude you did show ( according to yourself ) did result in the vote.

Now if you had not started to call your raid partners pathetic and just tryed to help instead, you had looked a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post

/cast [combat] Kill Shot
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /petattack

I do 300k+ dps at start and then i remain around 200-250k for whole fight, so 106k sounds rather low x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

>1 button macros

I miss wotlk when this was actually viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    How is a one-button macro fun?

Game? Fun?
    I don't think that they said it was.

Just that they were performing better than other players doing... Whatever it is that they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    106? What are you braging about being shit? I don't get it. You are shit yet laughing about shit people.

If you are making a thread like this atleast make sure you arn't bad before you do it.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kicking one person for low DPS won't raise the DPS of 16 other players.

Kicking one really annoying loudmouth will get rid of that really annoying loudmouth, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Kicking one person for low DPS won't raise the DPS of 16 other players.

Kicking one really annoying loudmouth will get rid of that really annoying loudmouth, though.
    A loudmouth with low dps for that matter.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    A loudmouth with low dps for that matter.
    Anyone who is upset about a player "only" doing 105k in current LFR is not being realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I do 300k+ dps at start and then i remain around 200-250k for whole fight, so 106k sounds rather low x)
    Because it is possible to do 250+k dps with ilvl 506 /facepalm

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard of people playing with a macro since Ret paladins at woltk at the beginning now this is just interesting since hmm... you're bragging doing a low amount your self.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    I haven't heard of people playing with a macro since Ret paladins at woltk at the beginning now this is just interesting since hmm... you're bragging doing a low amount your self.
    It was empirically proven, that a g15 (or any macro keyboard on on that matter) with a castsequence macro was doing better dps than any human ever could back then.
    And again, 106k dps at 506 ilvl is not low, especially if he has crap weapon (very probable with that ilvl). It's actually very decent on a single target fight considering he is using 1 button macro.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Because it is possible to do 250+k dps with ilvl 506 /facepalm
    Ofcourse it is, back then I did 340K dps single target.

This is the truth. (right)
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    205k dps? 106k dps? Wth man...i remember doing 30 in wotlk and feeling badass...haven't pve'd since:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    205k dps? 106k dps? Wth man...i remember doing 30 in wotlk and feeling badass...haven't pve'd since:P
    You did 30K in wotlk? Man i must have missed something there o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    You did 30K in wotlk? Man i must have missed something there o.o
    Most i pulled was 22k in full bis 25man heroic geared hunter with 100% armor pen. There is no way you did 30k.
    Aye mate