Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    If by "enjoyable" you mean the most broken it has been in the game since pom-pyro mages between the van-tbc patch, then you'd be right.

Or maybe those few days when paladins were able to one hit anyone. That comes close.
    Do tell, which class can one-shot another now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King is the peak for me in this game, it's the most enjoyable gaming experience I've ever had. That was due to a combination of the game itself, and the people I was playing with at the time. That's a large part of the reason I no longer play, I could never replicate that feeling again. I played and quit Cataclysm multiple times, and tried to stick it out with Mists of Pandaria but ended up quitting in March. It's just not the same game for me anymore, doesn't make it good or bad, I just can't get into anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Do tell, which class can one-shot another now?
    The question isn't whether you can one shot people but rather how *broken* the pvp is, I used the one shot as an example.

Oh and you can one shot people in <90 pvp. But that never counts, since it's not part of the game. ""

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the most fun in TBC. But MoP is the best expansion in terms of game features.
    What is worth fighting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    TBC > Wrath >>>> Mop = Cata
    I think this is about how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    The question isn't whether you can one shot people but rather how *broken* the pvp is, I used the one shot as an example.

Oh and you can one shot people in <90 pvp. But that never counts, since it's not part of the game. ""
    Since you're moving goalposts all over the place, exactly what's 'broken' about pvp right now?

i bet right now bc fanboys are flipping all kinds of shit at this thread. O-O

- - - Updated - - -

ive said it before but my list is this

from best to worst
    Mists
    Vanilla
    Wrath
    Cata
    Bc
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I would say MoP won in every aspect...way better than other expansions

Didn't play BC, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it that much endlessly running Kara. It's tough to rank these because of the nostalgia associated with WotLK. But despite how awful T7 and T9 were, nothing can beat Ulduar and ICC.

WotLK>MoP>BC>Cata

For me it goes Wrath > Mists > BC > Vanilla > Cata

MoP=Wrath > tbc > cata

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant poll is irrelevant.

Wrath > BC > MoP > Vanilla > Cata

MoP used to be #2 but I've found my desire to play slowly ebb away due entirely to the overly complex and long process to gear up for raiding in 5.0-5.3
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK>BC>Cataclysm==MOP>Vanilla
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Wotlk>mop>bc>cata

10+ Year Old Account
    I can respect every opinion, because they are .. well opinions, but to be honest, anyone that rates Cata higher than MoP, probably has some rose tinted glasses equipped, or is bringing personal matters into account for his decision (my guild was so awesome and alive on Cata, and it disbanded on MoP, my class was so OP on Cata, now it sucks on MoP, etc)

Because from a designers point of view, on the amount and quality of the content (pvp and pve wise), lore development and systems improvement, MoP totally kicked Cataclysm's ass by a huge margin.

Deleted
    WOTLK = TBC > Vanilla > Cata > MoP

People tend to judge whole Cataclysm based on Dragon Soul patch.. I think it was a great expansion untill then.

Wotlk > TBC > T11 Cata >> MoP >>> Rest of Cata - Doing this a little different since I found Cata to just be all over the place. I loved the start of the expansion, but it just went so far downhill for me after that and I'm not going to even mention the DS era.
    Last edited by Renx; 2013-10-08 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably like this:

MoP = Wrath > Vanilla > Cata > TBC

I'm sure I'd catch a lot of heat from people seeing TBC last, but knowing the thread's question is of personal opinion, the decision is easy to make. MoP and Wrath were a blast for me. New classes always seem to add a spice to the game that make it more enjoyable for me. I prefer Wrath just a tad more because killing the LK was a highlight ever since WC3.

Vanilla there were a ton of friends I made, amazing guilds I joined and it was my first experience at an MMORPG. The memories make that one fun.

Cata... well, I got to raid lead a guild for the second time (which was WAY more successful than the first). I got to play my rogue as a main, which is by far my favorite class for PvE or PvP. I met a lot of friends, one of them IRL for a week for spring break and some of them I keep tabs on on a daily basis.

TBC... the only reason it's rank last is the lack of stuff I did in it. It was my least active expansion, I didn't know anything about Illidan back then (contrary to what I do now) so the hype about killing him outside of the cinematic just wasn't there for me. The most memorable thing was being in a party with my buddies in the Nagrand Arena (the actual one in the zone) and calling in /1 that there was a level 70 in the arena ganking people. Help arrives and the guy(s) gets ganked by us like two or three times. It was definitely a fun time! Just not enough to move it up from last for me.

Somehow I feel that a poll that had a best, second best, second worst, worst option would have been alot more informative than simply stating which expansion I liked best for the 100th time.

Anyway. I still have a hard time stating which expansion I liked best, as it heavily depends on which aspect of the game the question refers to. While I liked WotLK story, it also had two of the worst raids in WoW's history and introduced the god forsaken multiple difficulty system (which in ulduar was quite nice, but then became downright shit with ToGC and ICC). Meh I guess it is somewhere in the upper regions of my liking scale, neither the best nor the worst, probably closer to the better ones.