Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP was pretty good, but didn't quite reach the enjoyment I had in Wrath and TBC. Lore and content wise it's a clear winner, however many of its gameplay and progression mechanics feel very dated and Blizzard did not do enough to meet the challenges of an aging MMO genre leading WoW in a new decade. Let's hope they'll do better in the next expansion.

BC > Wrath > Classic > MoP > Cataclysm

I wouldn't say I _hated_ any expansions, but Cataclysm is at the bottom of my list because I wasn't a big fan of DS or really the raid content of Cataclysm in general. BoT was the only raid I really enjoyed. I started playing in Classic, about a year before BC came out.

I can't really pass fair judgement on MoP though. I only played in MoP for all of like 2 months. Not because "omg i hate panda land" or any kind of hate, but because I got burned out on the game near the end of Cataclysm and needed a break anyway.

Remember how some people were saying that Cata wasn't really bad and eventually everyone would look back on it and say it was the best? Boy were they wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say MoP is over quite yet if there is gonna be a 5.5, but

WotLK>MoP>BC>Cata Never played in classic.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Wrath >>> BC >>>>>>>>>>> MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cataclysm.

Wrath was the least grindiest, alt friendliest, and most available expac. 10man for casual, 25man for hardcore, worked the best. The tier9 raid was pretty bad, the only serious miss-step. Everything else was awesome. Cataclysm went the absolute wrongest way possible, and MoP stayed with that "make everyone grind for everything" thing even worse. Difference is, in MoP the raiding was good, whereas in Cata, the raiding was more or less average.

I voted TBC but that's because most of my friends played at that time and it was a blast. However (friends excluded as it causes nostalgia googles), overall, I feel MoP is the best expansion because if the quality of content for players to immerse themselves in.

What I do find interesting about this poll is that MoP is getting a lot of love which is weird for an expansion that is still current. In WotLK all forums read "Wrath sucks, TBC rocks." In Cata that forums flamed "Cata sucks, WotLK was the best." Now forums read "MoP is great, Cata still sucks". Interesting that there's so much love for the current expansion when that never happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I objectionably believe MoP was the best xpac, and Cata was the worst.

There was just so much gameplay and content wise, that you cannot deny MoP had the most stuff, to appeal to the most people. I bet no one has completed everything there is to do (top rank in brawlers guild AND beat the pet tournament on the island AND killed every rare AND finished every set of available dailies AND Gold in all the Challenge Dungeons?) You may argue that something was better if you look at only one thing (if you enjoyed Wrath raids, or the new world to explore of TBC), but overall, MoP provided so much, to appeal to so many people, and sort of cleaned up some things.

Cata had a lot of good about it. The 1 - 60 zone revamps are amazing, and so much fun to go back and see. I love my worgen, and the goblins look great, and were requested for so long. Transmog, LFR, both came out in Cata. You cannot deny it had some great stuff. But there was the whole broken world thing, so leveling zones were too spread apart. There was hardly any endgame content, so if you didn't raid, you were just doing archeology, or running alts. Peopole spent way too much time in Org/SW doing nothing.

I have noticed that the majority thinks two xpacs ago was the best. During Wrath, everyone swore Vanilla WoW was the best. They even called new players "Wrath babies" who didn't understand what WoW once was. During Cata, the forums were filled with people who swore BC was the greatest. I thought, "Are they gonna say Wrath was the best next xpac?" Now that we're in MoP, at the time of writing this, Wrath is winning on the poll of best xpac. Sure enough, two xpacs ago, gets treated as the best one. I have trouble believing during [name redacted], the next xpac, people will talk about how Cata was the best, but maybe...

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Interesting that there's so much love for the current expansion when that never happened before.
    The results also positively surprised me and I think it does justice to all the work Blizzard has put into this expansion content wise.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be nice to have this poll on the front page.

I voted for TBC, I just loved my druid way to much in that era.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

MoP is not over yet, the most boring part will start soon

For me TBC is best and main reason was my guild and community, maybe not the game itself

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was awesome. I loved the new class, and the new Pandaren race.

While the lack of new 5-man dungeons sucked, MoP Raiding has been fantastic.

Deleted
    Gotta say MoP, seeing that it was the only expansion I was subscribed 100% of the time to.

Deleted
    MoP = TBC > WotLK >>>>>cata

just 'cause

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    MoP is not over yet, the most boring part will start soon
    Let's hope it won't be 1 year of ICC all over again

Deleted
    played since WOTLK, but had most fun in MoP because i found a nice and friendly guild and we are having fun TOGETHER while doing some nice progress. thats why i started playing wow at all

MoP is over? whut?

Wrath was the last time I cared about WOW. Lick King it was still about heroes fighting awesome villains. Cata was green Jesus vs recycled dead guys. Mop got lost on wild life and snapped back to city leaders. The villains these days are trash and they forgot it was suppose to be about the heroes slaying digital dragons. Head too far up own butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Exactly.

because Wrathbabys cried when content got hard and left. Those who stayed LOVE pandaria and hate Cata. If they tried to require EFFORT again, pandaplayers would go nuts and rage quit too.

I can promise anybody ITT who ranks Wrath top put Cata bottom. Those who put TBC top more often than not put Cata higher up than MoP (lower than wrath because 4.3 really was bad)

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla gameplay second? wut.

I mean...

wut.

Hmm I think I have a screenshot of my 60 shadowpriest around here. Oh wait.
    This is exactly what I was talking about. People with clouded vision. People who can't seem to wrap their heads around the LFD tool and why the increased difficulty and requirement for crowd control was a bad idea. If the random dungeon finder was never implemented, then the increased difficulty for Cataclysm heroics wouldn't have been as terrible. But we had the random dungeon finder tool, which brings about idiots and groups them together with other idiots. And idiots + difficulty increase =/= a good time.

MoP>Cata>Wrath>BC>(Didn't play in vanilla)

MoP has been the most engaging expansion for me. Just always feels like their tons to do. Not to mention the story was great.

Catalclysm was the weakest in my opinion. It had great potential but felt so half-assed by the time 4.3 rolled around.