Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wotk>BC>MoP (can't judge cata didn't play most of it)
    Gameplay MoP is probably best... but only gameplay
    music to toilet, lore is ... horrible to say the least (10000year they are hidden, what did they develop ? their contribute to world ? nothing, not to mention the fact they are joke from day one...), Horde new warchief is alliance ass kissers
    Scenarios who ruin healers/tanks for playing (outside LFR and VP, best gear from small contenant is scenario 516 ilvl.. while healer/tank can work in general dps is better)

Sorry gameplay they improved a lot, story.. i feel they threw it in toilet and shit on it too, hope they improve it a lot more

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I think MoP is the most praised expansion at time before next expasnion launches, if my memory serves me well.
    I remeber that every other expansion was pretty much hated by everyone (especially Wrath), and people couldn't wait for it to end.
    oh wow. just... wow. i hate to break it to you, but your memory plays evil tricks on you. it makes you think _everyone_ was like you, when instead you were alone. it was YOUR opinion, not that of _everyone_. please try to remember that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    oh wow. just... wow. i hate to break it to you, but your memory plays evil tricks on you. it makes you think _everyone_ was like you, when instead you were alone. it was YOUR opinion, not that of _everyone_. please try to remember that.
    well it's not opinion but experience.
    in WOTLK for example I remember there was no one to raid with. people were leaving left and right because they didnt want to waste their time playing stupid ICC for 1+ year. If Blizzard realease new expansion somewhere in the early spring 2014 according to plan, MoP will be first expansion that won't end with bad taste in the mouth.

WotLK>MoP>TBC>Cata

Cataclysm was awful pretty much in every aspect (except the revamp of old zones...thank god for that) TBC was a great expansion, but the gating system was insane, this meant that players not in top guilds on a server never saw most content, which sucks. MoP added so many "quality of life improvements", so i think people love it for that reason alone. The story is somewhat solid, and the gameplay is fun. Wrath will always be my favorite, and it's because of the story, the rich lore that directly connected it to TBC and all of Azeroth. Death Knights were badass. cmon. WTB Panda DK! (and no, my main is a pally)

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post

Just wait till after a year of SoO. The hate will come.
    Especially with LFR and now also Flex.

Kinda hard to decide, I had loads of fun during Cataclysm at start, with the dungeons being much harder then last expansion.

TBC is my first love, it will ALWAYS come first for me, but...

MoP has been amazing, seriously

Some of the best game music not just WoW music, I can't not have music turned off in a Pandaria zone, it's beautiful.
    Questing: By far the best questing experience so far, more to do with fun things here and there, excellent voice acting and cut scenes added to a decent amount of quests (Lorewalkers are amazing - storytime)
    Art is subjective and if you don't like Asian themes you wouldn't of liked MoP, but in terms of detail and such, it keeps getting better and it's been the best so far
    Adding dungeons as full huge sized buildings into zones
    Pet battles: Again, this is up to you, but I generally enjoy them when I have 10 mins spare with nothing to do, plus I like collecting things...and you can't say adding more to do is a bad thing.
    Cloud Serpents: Aka Netherwing Drakes, It's a slight grind, but it feels good to have a faction like this back, it's a carbon copy pretty much, but it works, and the mounts are gorgeous.
    Professions got a ton of mounts, more improvement could be done, but they gave us alot more options, archaeology kinda sucked in rewards though.
    The Tillers: I haven't really done much of it, but it's there, and it's different, again, it's another thing to do IF you like, which is a + in my book.
    Proving Grounds: Again, another plus, I won't be there all the time because I have my gold, but I'll go for endless 30, it could have more of a reason to go back, but once again, something new to kill the time +
    Brawlers guild: See above +
    Black Market Auction House: Another +, okay you need to be rich, but it's a great concept for those who have the money and have no luck on drops farming A'lar for 5 year etc.
    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +

I could go on and on.

I think most people unfairly rate it because of "lolpandas" and all that crap, see past it and you find one of the best, if not the best, WoW expansion so far.

Some things sucked, LFR needs improvement but isn't a bad concept at all, flex was possibly what ruined it, needs re-thinking, but LFR isn't purely MoP. iLevel shouldn't be taken purely as an indicator of skill, blah blah blah.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next xpac where they take the best from MoP and improve it once more.

So leaving my love of TBC behind it would honestly be:

MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Cata

I've never been so pumped for the next expansion, hurry up Blizzcon!
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-10 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    MOP is the worst expansion until now. alot of reasons for that, most of them have already been writen here. If this xpac is not having much hate at the end it coz alot of ppl hate this from day 1 and most of them left the game. 5.4 patch just came out ask ppl in 3 months time in 6 months in 1 year .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    Damn, guess you're the authority on what WoW is huh?

World of Warcraft has broken ground in the traditional fantasy lore, by adding steam-punk elements (gnome tech, goblin tech, trams, motorcycles, etc), having orcs (traditionally villains in the fantasy genre) be an honor-bound race, introducing space aliens and high tech crystal powered space-ships and distance planets.

Who are you to say that MoP is "not WoW"? what defines "WoW" really? because as far as Blizzard is concerned, MoP is tethered to the precedent laid out by Pandaren in WC3, and visits a continent that was referenced over ten years ago in WC3.

Space-goat aliens, spaceships, steampunk, distant planets - all gravy, but introduce a bit of asian influenced culture founded on the pillars of lore laid out in Warcraft 3, and suddenly its "not WoW"? Sounds a bit selectively Xenophobic to me.

Feel free to have an opinion, but don't feel free to define what WoW is.
    Fuck me, here I was thinking this was a discussion forum for OPINIONS.....

Look, take your head out of your ass, and realise that people are not going to put disclaimers on posts just in case some reactionary person takes a totally over the top interpretation of the post.
    I speak for my self no one else, never implied I did.
    So stop being so reactionary. If you cant stand other people to have opinions other than your own, the internet may not be the best place for you.

That would be:

WotLK>MoP>TBC>Vanilla>Cata

WotLK gets the place for an overall enjoyment and immersion.
    MoP is close and in many ways (technically) better than WotLK.
    TBC - have mixed feelings, on one hand it had Karazhan (still the best raid place for me), on the other - it destroyed battlegrounds for me with the introduction of arenas and introduced flying mounts (I loved it at first but I think now that it really removed a huge chunk of immersion in the world for the sake of convenience, sadly it's the one way change).
    Vanilla - for the "wtf am I doing in this huge world" feeling that cannot be repeated.
    Cata - after really brilliant WotLK there wasn't much to love here.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Deleted
    MoP isnt over yet, or did I miss something?

Deleted
    MoP > WLK > TBC > Cata > Vanilla

While I had loads of fun in vanilla, looking back at it without all the nostalgia, it was a pretty basic game and lacked a lot of good features that we got in the last few years.

TBC -> MoP -> Vanilla -> Cata = Wrath (Wrath slightly behind Cata because I can grind my way through Cata, but I can't even log into any characters who've reached the Wrath levels)

I never played the original Warcraft games, so my interest in the Scourge and Arthas was pretty low to begin with. What bits and pieces got shoved down my throat during Wrath pretty much turned me off of the expansion forever. It didn't help that the voice distortions were EVERYwhere, made so many different NPC personalities sound too much alike.

I guess the Burning Legion's threat felt more like a threat, while the Scourge's threat felt more like flirting. Cata at least introduced a lot of really neat pre-60 content, and didn't hammer away at a dead horse throughout (which could also be described as having a very disjointed story). MoP's just been basically fun, not too painful to level alts through, and has some variance in the tone of the stories told - it's not a complete downer from start to finish, it's been a while since they touched on that.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Deleted
    I feel like this expansion was okay but was very different to what wow is, or better, used to be like.

I felt very distant because its complete new story (apart from soo which rocks) and i didn't feel one moment in thecexpansion that i knew what i was doing. The race pandarian for me is not appealing, i like the race but i stikk dislike that they are playable as that means those pandas will still be with us in alk coming expansions and i dont like that. Im kinda a conservative guy, i like being stuck to the lore from the books but i understand blizzard needs to explore new stuff. I felt closest to lich king and bc. Cata was okay and cata did the needed things.

Mop is just too weird for me, also the reason i stopped raiding very heavily. Being dominated by dailies ruined the wow experience.

Sorry but this is the expansion i dislike most. I have py hopes up for the burning legion expansion that is rumoured to come, which will get me back in to it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    MoP isnt over yet, or did I miss something?
    Sort of. While it continues to be current and active, there won't be any significant changes to the gameplay or story till the next expansion.

TBC/MOP > Cata > WotLK.
    Classic is not an expansion so not including it.

If they can pull another expansion like MOP I'll be quite happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Sadly, this poll may be a little biased.
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.
    You might be right about there being a slight bias, but most on this forum is oldtimers. If you read through you see a lot ranking all the expansions. I did play from the beginning, and i disagree with you. Go figure how that works >P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    TBC is my first love, it will ALWAYS come first for me, but...

MoP has been amazing, seriously

Some of the best game music not just WoW music, I can't not have music turned off in a Pandaria zone, it's beautiful.
    Questing: By far the best questing experience so far, more to do with fun things here and there, excellent voice acting and cut scenes added to a decent amount of quests (Lorewalkers are amazing - storytime)
    Art is subjective and if you don't like Asian themes you wouldn't of liked MoP, but in terms of detail and such, it keeps getting better and it's been the best so far
    Adding dungeons as full huge sized buildings into zones
    Pet battles: Again, this is up to you, but I generally enjoy them when I have 10 mins spare with nothing to do, plus I like collecting things...and you can't say adding more to do is a bad thing.
    Cloud Serpents: Aka Netherwing Drakes, It's a slight grind, but it feels good to have a faction like this back, it's a carbon copy pretty much, but it works, and the mounts are gorgeous.
    Professions got a ton of mounts, more improvement could be done, but they gave us alot more options, archaeology kinda sucked in rewards though.
    The Tillers: I haven't really done much of it, but it's there, and it's different, again, it's another thing to do IF you like, which is a + in my book.
    Proving Grounds: Again, another plus, I won't be there all the time because I have my gold, but I'll go for endless 30, it could have more of a reason to go back, but once again, something new to kill the time +
    Brawlers guild: See above +
    Black Market Auction House: Another +, okay you need to be rich, but it's a great concept for those who have the money and have no luck on drops farming A'lar for 5 year etc.
    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +

I could go on and on.

I think most people unfairly rate it because of "lolpandas" and all that crap, see past it and you find one of the best, if not the best, WoW expansion so far.

Some things sucked, LFR needs improvement but isn't a bad concept at all, flex was possibly what ruined it, needs re-thinking, but LFR isn't purely MoP. iLevel shouldn't be taken purely as an indicator of skill, blah blah blah.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next xpac where they take the best from MoP and improve it once more.

So leaving my love of TBC behind it would honestly be:

MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Cata

I've never been so pumped for the next expansion, hurry up Blizzcon!
    This is what I like to see. All aboard the Blizzcon train! Chugga Chugga! WOOT WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    How much of MoP did you really play though? Because it is so intensely packed with lore, you can't get around it. The whole MoP story was one big coherent story that tied up a lot of loose ends and was played out rather magnificently. And no, it's not 'all about pandaren'.
    But maybe it comes down to 'I don't like Asian stuff' again.

For me it's MOP - WOTLK - BC - (Vanilla -) Cat. I sure enjoyed a large part of Cata, but I just have better memories from the others Call it nostalgia.
    It's all pandas and China and pandas and China are not lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Sadly, this poll may be a little biased.
    There might be many people who have moved on from MoP currently, and therefore are not an active part of this forum; therefore MoP is getting a higher rating than it should have.

Personally, TBC and WoTLK were far better experiences for anyone who played all of WoW. I only played MoP for 2-3 months and quit instantly due to the setting of the game.
    "The poll isn't reflecting my opinion, therefore it must be biased". Really, that's what you're sounding like.

2-3 months is a far cry from instantly.