Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me its Wotlk > TBC > Cata > MOP

For reference:

4.0-4.2 is not 4.3 the beginning of Cataclysm was brilliantly done, even the leveling was well thought out if you could wrap your head around the elemental planes thing. Sure a lot of people hated the water zone, but Blizzard did provide us with an alternative. The dungeons and raids at the start were fantastic. Firelands wasnt bad, but it was a bit rushed an OMFGFIREEVERYWHEREAHHH. 4.0-4.2=Cata 4.3=4.3, I know alot of people ignore the debacle that was a year of ICC when talking about Wrath.

That being the case. I put TBC>=Cata>Wrath>=Mists>Vanilla>>>>>>>>>>>>ICC=DS

The raids in mists are good, although the LFR shit is out of hand at this point with them walking around in 540 itemlevel. The storylines were good, but alot of people missed them because LOL READ QUEST? I PLAYED WC3 I KNOW THE LORE. NO LORE FOR PANDAS! I dont have a problem with pandas, but personally I cannot stand PLAYABLE pandas. Bothers me to no end. Aside from that, the highest content was great, but as a whole, because of shit dungeons and the weak LFR based gear system, MoP was pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    For reference:

4.0-4.2 is not 4.3 the beginning of Cataclysm was brilliantly done, even the leveling was well thought out if you could wrap your head around the elemental planes thing. Sure a lot of people hated the water zone, but Blizzard did provide us with an alternative. The dungeons and raids at the start were fantastic. Firelands wasnt bad, but it was a bit rushed an OMFGFIREEVERYWHEREAHHH. 4.0-4.2=Cata 4.3=4.3, I know alot of people ignore the debacle that was a year of ICC when talking about Wrath.
    4.2 was short, rushed, and generally lacking. It was supposed to be side content in 4.0, and there was no abyssal maw which was what everyone was looking forward to (or war of the ancients!), the only redeeming factor was a new raid released fairly soon afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to decide for me personally. WotLK or MoP. Think that if forced to choose I'd pick MoP though. Lots of stuff to do although I did not enjoy the rep grind this time around, was just too much. Apart from that this was a damn good expansion. Story in Wrath was arguably better but all in all MoP had so many new things to offer that it wins my vote. Even though it was too much PVP oriented for my taste.
    Items that really make it a good expansion imo.
    - Addition of scenarios
    - Pet Battles
    - Bonus rolls system

MoP=Wotlk>TBC>Vanilla>Cata

Been playing since Earlier 2005, few months after Launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath/MoP> TBC > Cata

I'm not listing Vanilla since it isn't an expansion.
    The whole 1-60 revamp in Cata was great but it came with a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    4.2 was short, rushed, and generally lacking. It was supposed to be side content in 4.0, and there was no abyssal maw which was what everyone was looking forward to (or war of the ancients!), the only redeeming factor was a new raid released fairly soon afterwards.
    i wanted the abyssal maw so much more than firelands ugghh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    i wanted the abyssal maw so much more than firelands ugghh
    100% agree.
    Still hoping for it, it has not been cancelled, it's just shelved atm.

Deleted
    Voted TBC BUUUUUT...

I was at school at the time so i had looooads for spare time to farm gear etc so that was not an issue for me then, if they released a tbc like expansion now i don't think i'd enjoy it as much due to time constraints.

All in all TBC > MoP > Cata=Wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Including Classic plus the rating is based upon how much fun I had and the fun I had with my friends/guildies

tBC > MoP > Classic > WotLK > Cata

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic (Yeah I know not an xpack) > MoP > Wrath > TBC > Cata

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Worst thing that ever happened to WoW. I really hope something like mop will never happen again.
    Because why? Not a whole lot of argument going on there.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    wrath wins by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I know alot of people ignore the debacle that was a year of ICC when talking about Wrath.
    I actually needed the year of ICC.....

....let's not talk about six months of Sindragosa Normal Mode 10 wipes. Please. Her voice still haunts me.....

....the Guild I was in was 'fantastic'.....
    Last edited by willowe; 2013-10-08 at 12:13 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    let's not talk about six months of Sindragosa Normal Mode 10 wipes. Please. Her voice still haunts me.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP9OV8CdSmU

15+ Year Old Account
    I always wonder why wrath is that high in such rankings. The content was rather half hearted and the raids were pretty lame except ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why people didnt like cata. Dragon Soul was not the entire expansion, and there was more to do than just raid.

The PvP is so terrible this expansion. Game has never been balanced, it has always been a little wonky, but they turned it up to 10 and broke off the knob this time. Raiding, Challenge Modes and Flex are about the only things that were great about this expansion. I mean doing the rares and getting Glorious was fun, but it just feels so shitty being slapped in the face, being told we have to do dailies for a chance to acquire extra equipment on a weekly basis.

Cata > WOTLK > BC = Classic >= MOP

....let's not talk about six months of Sindragosa Normal Mode 10 wipes. Please. Her voice still haunts me.....
    stupid dragon

interrupting my naps

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I actually needed the year of ICC.....

BETRAAAAAAAAAYSSSSSSSSS YOU.

1 Year of ICC is better than almost the same time with dragon soul :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I don't need to hear that to know that my magic betrayyyyyyyyyyyyys me....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    I always wonder why wrath is that high in such rankings. The content was rather half hearted and the raids were pretty lame except ICC.
    Long answer: Naxx was a sad joke compared to the original epicness of Naxx40, Ulduar was amazing and still holds up today. ToC was a pathetic excuse for content, while the fights themselves were still ok. ICC was epic, but way too long.

Short answer: Ulduar.