Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    I think MoP would have been a lot better if Cataclysm didn't exist.

Cataclysm did a lot of irreversible things to the game, to which the game still suffers, ilvl is a big offender here.
    I think that's one of the reasons why Blizzard chose to keep increasing ilvl so expontentially this expansion as well, so we as players would beg for an ilvlsquish after this expansion.

CC, and tools in general need to be reduced for each class. There are some defensive cooldowns that are way too powerful (in PvP, and some extent PvE) This can be partially blamed on Cataclysm, which introduced a fuckton of spells and mechanics that weren't needed. MoP had it's share of unneccessary skills as well. Self heals mostly.
    Ilvls existed since vanilla (it just wasn't shown in game), and guess what? it was exponential since vanilla too

BC > Rest, disgusting to see most expansions overrated with the single exception of cataclysm

But, i guess there are almost no pvp players that enjoy a bit of raiding, too here. BC was the last time when BGs were fun and each class was specialized and couldn't do everything another class does. Rogues couldn't heal at all for example...but were still totally deadly. The other expansions merely improved raids and QoL. Also i prefere Outland over all other zones ever implemented, it had a long lore history and it was different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise its MOP>TBC>WOTLK>CATA

For story and immersion its WOTLK>TBC>CATA>MOP

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath>mop>bc>cata>vanilla

started in vanilla. got hacked and banned. restarted in mid bc.

This thread is a bag of mix feelings. Most people are just expressing their opinions and know what they are saying are opinions, then there are others who seem to think they are right. It's really silly how people change in discussion when the topic is "ranking a expansion".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Started a few weeks into Vanilla, Raided / PvP'd all the way through Vanilla till the end off TBC in high ranked Oceanic guilds. I did not experience Wrath due to work. I started playing again in early Cata and have been playing for short periods here and there just to catch up with old friends and to keep up with lore since I have no time anymore.

TBC > Vanillla will always be my golden years of memories for WoW since it was new and I was young with plenty of time on hands. > Cata > Wotlk > MoP

BC > WOTLK > MOP > Cata

It's really a toss up between WOTLK and MOP. I enjoyed both but I had abit more fun in WOTLK in general over MOP.

Cata sucked. Seriously, they should have just never made it.

Tbc > vanilla >>> wotlk >>>>>>>> swtor > cata >>> gw2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> mop = brussel sprouts

Wotlk > MOP > TBC > Vanilla > Cata

The only reason wotlk wins is because it didnt have those infernal single lockout for 10 and 25 mans, when it comes to bossmechanics and talents I prefer mop.

Deleted
    Íf Cata is so bad they should remove all the features Cata ever gave us, like the massive 1-60 revamp.

Now go level your alt and don't you dare say leveling is tedious because that's how you like it, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabos View Post
    Íf Cata is so bad they should remove all the features Cata ever gave us, like the massive 1-60 revamp.

Now go level your alt and don't you dare say leveling is tedious because that's how you like it, isn't it?
    I level purely via dungeons, I dont set foot in the world since cata, its still a tedious thing to do, but I might give it a go at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Oo what is this? Have you even tried challenge modes?
    Challenge modes are a joke compared to the old TBC heroic 5 mans or even the Cataclysm heroic 5 mans at launch. Challenge modes are nothing more than speed runs that can be cheesed and offer no replay value after you get your gold once. The challenge should be finishing the instance, not finishing it in 10 mins.

In short; Challenge modes were a fail.

Deleted
    1. TBC
    2. WOTLK
    3. MOP
    4. CATA

I think both WoTLK and MoP was great and deserve the second place.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's trash. I'd rather have cataclysm back for any number of reasons. Mists is poor and regressive and is based around painfully stupid notions about this game and how it should be played put into implementation. It's trying to wind back the clock on lots of things that were IMPROVEMENTS to the game especially for casual players and all to appeal in a vein attempt to keep subscription numbers up. It's terrible and naked and obvious.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-10-09 at 06:56 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

MoP is over?

I'm voting Wrath just because it was capping off the whole Warcraft III storyline and so forth. But in pure game terms, MoP was the best expansion ever. In fact if you look at it purely from this perspective, I'd say TBC was a big step up from Vanilla, then Wrath was a big step up from TBC, Cata was very similar to Wrath but with a few improvements (notably the excellent old world revamp and LFR and mog towards the end), and MoP was a big step up from Cata.

In terms of storyline, Wrath had the strongest story just because of the amount of prior investment we had in it. But MoP had much better, deeper storytelling through a lot of different things like scenarios, the legendary chain, books lying around Pandaria, the Warlock green fire chain, etc. Cataclysm had some distinct plot weaknesses, some of it was good but it needed more around Deathwing (however the revamped quest zones are some of the best quest lore in WoW). TBC well... it was a big step up from Vanilla, and there were some cool things in TBC, but personally I found the way KT and Illidan suddenly became bad guys to kill pretty shitty, and the decision to give Blood Elves to the Horde creates awkwardness to this day.

So, I dunno, it's not really a fair comparison because Vanilla and TBC are from a totally different time period and things were different then. But I'd say:

Wrath > MoP > Cata > TBC > Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Wrath! Northrend is just an awesome continent and the whole Icecrown area was just one big dark place to be, filled with evil and despair. I totally love that place.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC >>>>>>>>>> Cata >>>>MoP > WotLK..

SoO saved MoP from going below WotLK..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Just lorevise, I say MoP should be considered as another game. Its not World of Warcraft thats sure.

They brought numberless new good stuff. Pet battles which I loved, proving grounds and Brawler which I wanted so desperately so that I could prove its not about having better gear and pulling good numbers, its the skill. Which it successfully brought on a point. Having a farm which you can sow and reap.

However:
    The lore itself was interesting but until Garrosh, it was just like a substory. It felt like a total filler row of episodes lasting 2 years (If you watched Naruto, you know what I mean and you probably agree). And I can name it : "What if Horde and Alliance got to each other on an island"

The Legion should come back whenever. Sargeras is there waiting. Well, Old Gods arent bad too. But no fluffy pandas please. Even tho I liked the stuff the exp. brought, I just cant say I liked it. I just played cuz its WoW.

Order:
    If SoO wasnt there:
    TBC>Van>WotlK>Cata>MoP
    With SoO
    TBC>Van>WotlK>MoP>Cata
    Last edited by Naojirou; 2013-10-09 at 07:10 AM.

People like to forget that the major raise in wow's population was during TBC and continued with the launch of wotlk but right after that the population started to decline...

Wotlk was a really bad expansion by introducing the "casual/lazy/free-epix-no-effort" gameplay into WoW.

Can't believe people remember it for as a good expansion...
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]