Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can say with complete certainty that I enjoyed Cataclysm FAR more than MoP. And Cata was waaaaaaay worse than WotLK and tBC imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amazad View Post
    People like to forget that the major raise in wow's population was during TBC and continued with the launch of wotlk but right after that the population started to decline...

Wotlk was a really bad expansion by introducing the "casual/lazy/free-epix-no-effort" gameplay into WoW.

Can't believe people remember it for as a good expansion...
    While it did start the casualization, it was at the complete tail end of WotLK that WoW hit it's PEAK numbers. As in WotLK very much drew in another net 2 million people following tBC which garnered pretty much the same number (the vast majority in fact started playing in vanilla WoW contrary to your claim).

WotLK did A LOT of things right to the extent that an MMO today can't launch without a feature introduced during the expansion (LFD). WotLK also happened to have by far the most active PvP scene this game has ever seen and undeniably the most balanced from s6 onwards. Raids were more accessible than ever and people were also raiding far more than they did in tBC or even now while dungeons remained just as active.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Great overall, but kind of the weakest ending so far.

You have vainlla where rags is summoned to azeroth, the scourge lead by kel'thuzad stage an invasion, the aqir and an old god stir in the south and its all a big chaotic mess of posible calamitys.
    Then you have the burning crusade where blood elves are using the sunwell itself to pull one of the most powerful legion demons into our world to start another war that could wipe us out
    Then arthas and the scourge ready to wash over the world like a tide.
    Followed by a fallen dragon aspect that has already almost broken the world erupting out of the maelstrom as a multi tentacled molten abomination and after a stint travelling through time you team up with all the other aspects to take him down.

....and now we kill a guy who just wants to expand his power, which is basically the same motivation behind hogger and his gnolls or thaurissan and his dark irons. Its doesnt feel like a world ending threat even with the abuse of an old gods heart. It feels like a bully we have to go in and mop up for a quest.

Dont get me wrong, stuff like the farm at the start? great. The differences in experiences with scenarios, dungeons, raids, flex, thunder isle, the isle of giants, rare hunting and so on? all great.

Its just had the most 'meh' ending story wise.

based on nothing but pure story. wotlk.
    based on gameplay/other extras.. mop
    based on nostalgia.. BC

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It's trash. I'd rather have cataclysm back for any number of reasons. Mists is poor and regressive and is based around painfully stupid notions about this game and how it should be played put into implementation. It's trying to wind back the clock on lots of things that were IMPROVEMENTS to the game especially for casual players and all to appeal in a vein attempt to keep subscription numbers up. It's terrible and naked and obvious.
    And this is the essence of why I think MoP is a bad expansion. You don't get your playerbase used to NOT grinding things for the past 4 years/2 expansions and then all of a sudden attempt to bring grinding back nearly to the level it was in tBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    1. TBC
    2. MoP
    3. WoTLK
    4. Cata

I quit halfway through Ulduar in WoTLK, so it might have been higher if i had stuck around. TBC is where i enjoyed PvP the most in this game and the PvE wasnt bad either.
    The only thing that made Cata bareable was the rogue legendary questline, even if it was at the end of progression/the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And this is the essence of why I think MoP is a bad expansion. You don't get your playerbase used to NOT grinding things for the past 4 years/2 expansions and then all of a sudden attempt to bring grinding back nearly to the level it was in tBC.
    You can't take things away from people and expect them to be happy about it
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla(If It Counts)>Tbc>Wotlk>MoP>Cata
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    I think it is hard to say which one you like most.

PvP wise I Would have to go with :

Vanilla>TBC> Cata>WOTLK>MOP

PvE wise I would say the order the expansions came out and then starting from MoP

Deleted
    For me MoP > WotLK > TBC > Cata. MoP raids have been very enjoyable, timeless isle + proving grounds is great fun to pass time and I really liked PvP at least on last season. WotLK had great lore and heroic raiding was great. Cataclysm was really awful in my opinion, only thing I liked was healing when expansion came out, you really had to use mana efficient heals to the max and with big health pools everyone wasnt topped all the time. I find healing nowadays pretty dumb, raid damage is huge but heals are also way too big, takes like 3 seconds to top whole 25 man raids hp after big aoe hits, thats not really the healing style I like.

WOTLK>CATA>TBC>MOP>Vanilla

The asian theme really didnt do well at all with me. plus the ridiculous exp gap from 85-90.. and trust me I know gaps, the bosses in MSV were alrite, kinda sad they lost the funny or goofy feeling you get from defeating older raid bosses, HoF was interesting although the trash was a nightmare, Terrace.. ok and beautiful but overall not that exciting. ToT was great and the isle is decent and fun.. for 5 mins. SOO might be the only worthwhile raid or fun raid since a rare few in cata/ wotlk. The one thing that annoys me is how long the legendary quest is taking. over half a year for most people, compared to Dragonwrath in Cata and Fangs it was irksome. The endless daily grind was the most annoying thing with mop. glad they fixed that with timeless isle.

Cata - now that catas gone. I kinda miss it, DS wasnt that bad. Firelands was epic, BWD/BoT/TOT4W were quite amazing although a little short and reused. Zandalari dungeons i liked. the remakes were decent and the bosses were fun. Zan'zil was hilarious and Mandokir's decapitate was always funny to watch. the DS dungeons were kinda crap but they gave decent raid-ready gear so thats a plus. still. aside from a terrible raid at the end cata was great.

WOTLK - so much epicness here, Dalaran, northrend questing as a whole, Obsidium sanctum, Ruby Sanctum, WOTLk dungeons of lol, ICC, ULduar. just the whole feel of the expansion was great, Wintergrasp was amazing, drakes and flying in northrend. Dalaran.

Deleted
    MoP>Wotlk>Tbc>Vanilla>Cata as raiding content (MoP is not over before i get my Garrosh hc kill)
    Vanilla>MoP>Tbc>Wotlk>Cata overall content and how excited I was about game during the time.

You know, WotLK had some problems too. For example class imbalance and stats inflation. But it's still my favorite xpack - it returned me to game after I had bored and quited at the end of BC. BC had the best design in my opinion. Vanilla? The only thing, I was doing in Vanilla - is leveling. Cata could have been the best, but bad changes and lack of content killed this addon. And MOP... MOP is even worse, then Cata: even more bad changes, even lesser content for me. So WotLK > BC > Cata > MOP > Vanilla
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

I started in WotLK, so my ratings of expansions I've actually played would be Mists > WotLK > Cataclysm.

Based on what I experienced while leveling up and doing some old raids, the extended rating would be Mists > WotLK > TBC > Cataclysm > Classic.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. MoP
    2. WotLK
    3. TBC
    4. CATA

Yep, I enjoyed MoP the most from both a lore and gameplay stand point. In my opinion it's the most well paced in terms of content releases and the most interesting after Cata.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    wat.. Kiddish? Okay, something tells me you haven't done the ending of the Operation: Shieldwall questline, where the orc wants to murder children as they sleep. Not only that, when Garrosh captured Theramore Citizens he took away their children as well, god knows what happened to them. Could be dead or alive, either way though their parents are dead. And have you heard of the Mogu? Where they enslave anyone they can for their rituals? Their rituals don't tickle mind you. You should also consider doing the first quests of Jade Forest where the Alliance/Horde capture Pandaren, the Horde captured the kids for bargaining chips. So tell me this: What do you find that's so kiddish in the storyline?
    you seriously ask me this?
    Did you see any of its victims? Did you feel horrified?

Obviously I have done operation shieldwall etc etc etc. Everything is brought with humour and fairydust. Meanwhile stories like Cinderella or Red Riding Hood etc have a "layer" of "horror" in them but geez kids and even adults don't view those stories as horror do they.

The only time things COULD have felt "real" were moments in the books. And even those are not that horrid.

So yes kidlike. Very much. But I am happy for you that it seems to have touched you. I was not so lucky.

Deleted
    Vanilla is not an expansion.

MOP>CATA>WOTLK>TBC for me

Would have to be:

TBC >= WotLK >>> Cataclysm (excluding DS) >>>>>>>>>>> MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragonsoul Raid (within Cata)

Deleted
    It's far from over, it's barely halfway through.

Wotlk > MoP > Cata > TBC > Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Considering this is the last content patch and most top guilds are done or close to finished with the raid tier the xpac is pretty much over.
    Last edited by icecoldsir; 2013-10-09 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You do understand that this was the last raid patch right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing