Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    MoP > BC > Wrath > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    flawed poll is flawed.. it assumes we played every expansion. And if it assumes we didn't, then the results are meaningless.
    MMO-C in flawed poll horror, authorities are aware of this and are investigating, currently busy investigating flawed polls on mumsnet on whether you dunk your penis in a cup.

WOTLK is still the best.

Although MOP comes very very close.

WotLK > MoP > BC > Vanilla > Cata

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    Have we really hit that moment where all of a sudden people now say wrath was the best expansion?
    People have been saying that since Wrath.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    People have been saying that since Cataclysm.
    Fixed for you

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Fixed for you
    Some of us were saying it during Wrath, buddy.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

how can people vote for cata/mop

disgusting

Deleted
    WotLK > MoP = TBC > Vanilla > Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLk > TBC > Cata = MoP
    MoP's Asian theme and music is so annoying. The quest zones are all bad except for dread wastes/klaxxi chain. Boring month long daily grind for every faction. The dungeons are not fun, rewarding, or challenging. LFR is too damn hard taking 4 hours per wing. The only good part of the entire expansion is the legendary quest line.

Deleted
    TBC > Vannila > Wotlk > Cata > Mop

Wow! Surprised at all the love for Wrath, as back in the day there was so much bitching and moaning that it was the "end of WoW."

Wrath was my favorite era to play to the game, as enough of the spirit and community of BC was still intact, and Northrend and the Lore were such a giant step up. Of course Ulduar and ICC were both epic as well.

But in terms of outright quality, MoP is the tops.

Pandaria just pips Northrend out by a bit for best continent, ToT and SoO are among the best raids, Brawler's guild, pet battles, world bosses, Scenarios, hell I even like farming, and the recent addition of Flex means I never have to join another LFR insane asylum again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    LFR is too damn hard taking 4 hours per wing.
    I've heard this a lot and I just don't get it. I've done all 3 LFR wings at least 3-4 times now (wing 1 about a dozen, wing 2 6-8). I have never been in any LFR wing for over 2-2.5 hours. Even that was a super terrible run with a lot of vote kicking and herding of cats. How is anyone taking 4 hours for LFR? Like, after hour 2 of not killing the boss, do you not just leave? It's clearly not worth your time at that point.

Worst expansion, it simply wasn't fun, i stopped playing in feb or march and never looked back. The numbers don't lie, they lost almost 3 million subs with this expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Worst expansion, it simply wasn't fun, i stopped playing in feb or march and never looked back. The numbers don't lie, they lost almost 3 million subs with this expansion...
    The numbers don't lie, true. They lost almost 30 million subs between Vanilla and Wrath, worst times in gaming history.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The numbers don't lie, true. They lost almost 30 million subs between Vanilla and Wrath, worst times in gaming history.
    Did anyone actually say 30 million WoW subs because last I saw the 30 million was a number given towards combined MMO market and ever since I have seen players miss quote that number. I have seen no clear cut number given to WoW subs loss other than what was said back at the start of Cata that the number of subs lost has surpassed those who are current sub at the time(~10million). If the number is 30 million subs lost total for WoW then that would place about 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Did anyone actually say 30 million WoW subs because last I saw the 30 million was a number given towards combined MMO market and ever since I have seen players miss quote that number. I have seen no clear cut number given to WoW subs loss other than what was said back at the start of Cata that the number of subs lost has surpassed those who are current sub at the time(~10million). If the number is 30 million subs lost total for WoW then that would place about 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP.
    The 30 million sub thing was said at a Blizzcon by one of the main game creators, I can pull up the video/quote if you'd like. There is no other information to it and basing 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP is just pulling numbers out your ass.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Wotlk>TBC>MoP>Cata
    I agree with this completely!
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The 30 million sub thing was said at a Blizzcon by one of the main game creators, I can pull up the video/quote if you'd like. There is no other information to it and basing 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP is just pulling numbers out your ass.
    Please do. I should start collecting the stat sources for refernce. I wasnt just pulling a number out of my ass. I said based on your number of 30 million lost and the +10 million lost that I read previously would make it 20 million. Perhaps I should have made it more clear that the numbers seem contradictory which is why I am wondering why this 30 million lost number is coming from when I did not see it in previous threads on sub losses.

I shall start building a text document on such sources so that I can be more constructive when it comes to numbers.

Deleted
    MoP is easily in the top, an excellent expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    how can people vote for cata/mop

disgusting
    Mentally weak people like you are disgusting.

That's unfair. Wotlk > any game ever created.

MoP was really good though. Taking wrath out of the picture - MoP > Vanilla > TBC > squirrel > Cata