Deleted

I am a tree, really? (resto question)

Quick question.

Will i have to use the tree form if i'm gonna play a resto druid?
    I'm about to create my first druid but i absolutely despise the tree form.

I remember the tree form used to have some healing buffs that made it sort of mandatory to use.
    Is this still how it is? i've been away from wow for some time.

Thanks for reading!

Its a glyph and a talent. You can use the glyph to remain in tree form indefintely, but it provides no benefits. The talent is a cooldown that you don't have to take.

Deleted
    In other words, no you dont have to be in tree form at all

Its still a cooldown which you will have to sue from time to time to play optimally; but you only have to be a permanent tree if you buy and activate the glyph, there were too many trees fed up with never being able to ese their lovely gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    there were too many trees fed up with never being able to ese their lovely gear.
    I loved to be a tree but rigth now its impossible if you want to be a good healer, i just can't spend gcd an mana everytime after using displeacer beast to become a tree again. It should be a permanent buf while not dead so people like me can be a tree again without beeing a worse healer

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    I loved to be a tree but rigth now its impossible if you want to be a good healer, i just can't spend gcd an mana everytime after using displeacer beast to become a tree again. It should be a permanent buf while not dead so people like me can be a tree again without beeing a worse healer
    So go with Glyph of the Treant. It's an automatic thing that applies whenever you're in resto spec.

To the original poster: As others have said, no, you don't have to be a tree at all to be a good resto druid. There's the glyph I just linked for those who do like the look, and there's the level 60 talent option Incarnation that gives you the bigger, ancient-like tree form for a few seconds every few minutes. But not all resto druids take that, and there are things to be said for the other options in that tier. So go forth and heal without leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Elanas View Post
    So go with Glyph of the Treant. It's an automatic thing that applies whenever you're in resto spec.

To the original poster: As others have said, no, you don't have to be a tree at all to be a good resto druid. There's the glyph I just linked for those who do like the look, and there's the level 60 talent option Incarnation that gives you the bigger, ancient-like tree form for a few seconds every few minutes. But not all resto druids take that, and there are things to be said for the other options in that tier. So go forth and heal without leaves.
    What he is saying is, that the Glyph of the Treant gives you a new "Treant Form", but it costs 3360 mana, is on the GCD, and will cancel when you Displacer Beast. Which, is rather stupid honestly. I <3 Tree Form.

Deleted
    You had to use Tree form back in the days of TBC when form was granting you healing and spirit bonus.. Your speed was also reduced by something like 30% and you could be banished in that...I miss it...

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Its still a cooldown which you will have to sue from time to time to play optimally...
    Not really. I can't think of any fight where Incarnation is really that useful. Just stick with SotF if you don't like the form.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnovacaine View Post
    What he is saying is, that the Glyph of the Treant gives you a new "Treant Form", but it costs 3360 mana, is on the GCD, and will cancel when you Displacer Beast. Which, is rather stupid honestly. I <3 Tree Form.
    It'll cancel any time you want to use Displacer Beast, Dash, or Stampeding Roar, plus any time you go bear form to soak something (Iron Juggernaut mines, most notably).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

This kinda makes me wish to play this game very laid back nowadays like before. Choosing talents and specs because of aesthetics sounds nice.

But yeah, like others said, you don't need to be in tree form at all when playing a resto druid. You will be holding yourself a tiny bit back if you don't use the talent but it's nothing major.

Deleted
    the incarnation talent right now is not as strong as it was on 5.0, with actual ilvl spirit its not an issue and u can use SoTF or FoN, they can be better than incarnation in some situations

10+ Year Old Account
    do you hate boomkin form too?

the only form i hate is walrus form.

Deleted
    Thank you guys! i made my druid and enjoying it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    do you hate boomkin form too?

the only form i hate is walrus form.
    i hate moonkin form with a passion as well. i'd love if you could keep your nomral racemodel and maybe add some feathers growing out of the skin... i dunno.

There is also a glyph which deactivates moonkin form and instead shows your character model with some stars sprinkling around...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwergerl View Post
    There is also a glyph which deactivates moonkin form and instead shows your character model with some stars sprinkling around...
    Are you serious? holy shit i should have known this ages ago!

i have always wanted to play resto and balance but hated the forms. thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Are you serious? holy shit i should have known this ages ago!

i have always wanted to play resto and balance but hated the forms. thank you so much
    It's called Glyph of stars in case you were wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    Avoid FoN! (except proving grounds I guess..)
    The talent does have its uses. Thok comes to mind. Maybe not really any other fights, now that I think about it. Nazgrim, maybe? /shrug
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    It can be usefull is spoils too, if you get the debuff Set to Blow and have to move away to put the bombs you can use FoN so your tank have some heals while you are awa