Poll: Which is better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've used both and prefer Skada right now; it seems more lightweight than Recount. What bugs me the most though is the discrepancy across addons, and sometimes even the same addon. For instance the other night my Skada showed me at around 190k DPS on Norushen. Someone else's addon (not sure if Recount, Skada or another) showed me at 209k. I've never found any damage meters to be consistent.

Skada. WoL for anything worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I've used both and prefer Skada right now; it seems more lightweight than Recount. What bugs me the most though is the discrepancy across addons, and sometimes even the same addon. For instance the other night my Skada showed me at around 190k DPS on Norushen. Someone else's addon (not sure if Recount, Skada or another) showed me at 209k. I've never found any damage meters to be consistent.
    That's because of the other realm on Norushen. Only your skada is going to be accurate and only for your own dps in that situation. Any boss where some of the players phase out or go out of 100 yards (I think?) only your own meter/logs will be accurate.

Same thing with WoL.

But you being higher on someone else's skada is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    That's because of the other realm on Norushen. Only your skada is going to be accurate and only for your own dps in that situation. Any boss where some of the players phase out or go out of 100 yards (I think?) only your own meter/logs will be accurate.

Same thing with WoL.

But you being higher on someone else's skada is odd.
    Yeah it might have been Recount or another addon, I'm not sure, but I know hers was showing me higher than her by like 10k while mine was saying I was lower than her by 10k or so.

Skada have the advantage of more than one window open at the same time,
    less strain on the computer.
    A better dps-overview, since you get dps/time, and not recounts one where it stops you dps-count when you slack. That way you see what everybody actually did as dps on average during the entire fight, and now how much they could burst at times. Same way as WoL counts it anyway, so it's more precise if you look at that too.

I'm still using recount because i have been too lazy to swap around, which is rather sad >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Yeah it might have been Recount or another addon, I'm not sure, but I know hers was showing me higher than her by like 10k while mine was saying I was lower than her by 10k or so.
    As the one you replied to said, it's the phases. 2 of our healers got ranked on that fight. One on my logs. Another on another from the raids logs. None of our numbers were the same, It can't count that, and recount/skada/wol, will all show that one wrong.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away