Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR queue times are horrendous

Two evenings I've waited over 1hour 30minutes to no queue pop and left, and today I waited 35 minutes finally with a queue pop. I'm okay with waiting half an hour if I know the queue is actually going to pop, I can do other things until then.

We downed Immersius with one tank and a facepull, then half the raid bailed before we could pull Fallen Protectors, and now, 40 minutes into waiting for more people, it's down to me and a mage.

This sucks. I can't complete any of my runs with a queue like this. If this queue doesn't eventually pop, 3 of my 5 characters will have SoO incomplete this week. When the queue only takes 20 minutes and I jump in, it's always on a group with 5 wipes to Norushen or Sha of Pride with people screaming "STOP FACEPULLING OMG". I just leave those, there's no chance of getting anything done.

I can only assume that tanking is just way too hard in comparison to the other options or that people have just lost interest in LFR. What's going to need to happen to make queues actually pop? Waiting for a combined duration of an hour 10 minutes for people really sucks. I didn't queue up to queue some more, I queued to kill.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The cruelty of life of DPS players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue as a tank and carry the raid OP. That's what I do.

Deleted
    What do you want to discuss, people can't be fucked with lfr and you complain here why again? Blizz can't force more players to do more lfr you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What do you want to discuss, people can't be fucked with lfr and you complain here why again?
    Because I'm at a loss. I do actually have a point of discussion in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    What's going to need to happen to make queues actually pop?
    [/url]

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did one LFR of the new content, first wing and my queue was not as long as yours but still unusually long for a healer. I ended up in this first wing of LFR for over an hour because of constant wiping due to people standing in stuff, tanks not holding aggro, and low dps. Yes, half the raiders left to be replaced with equally bad or frustrated raiders. I never liked LFR because of the horrid wait times, the lack of player experience, and the constant bickering. For those who like LFR and can make it work for you, kudos to you. As for my dps alt, I dare not queue for LFR and instead will take my alt to timeless isle to get him some upgrades.

I can only assume that tanking is just way too hard in comparison to the other options or that people have just lost interest in LFR. What's going to need to happen to make queues actually pop? Waiting for a combined duration of an hour 10 minutes for people really sucks. I didn't queue up to queue some more, I queued to kill.
    I don't queue tank for LFR unless I have someone else queue tank with me because I can't be bothered holding the hand of someone that insists they know what they're doing with tank swaps and where to tank the boss, but actually doesn't. I blame lei shen lfr mostly. The amount of co-tanks I got that were like "YEAH I KNOW WHAT TO DO, DON'T TELL ME, SHHHH" then would just randomly taunt the boss out to bum fuck egypt as he casts lightning whip so he's stuck there channeling while the AoE from not being on a conduit is going.

It's just not worth the time or annoyance.

As for what could be done to make the queue shorter? Make every fight in LFR one tankable. There, now you don't wipe because one of the two tanks doesn't actually have any clue what they're doing.

EDIT: although now that I think of it, most of the time when my queue gets hung up, it's because of healers. And well, short of saying, just nerf the dmg that needs to be healed, there's not much you can do that would allow them to have it so less heals are required.

Queue times could probably be shortened by changing LFR to 10 or 15 man instead of 25.
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-09-23 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eldritchforeshadow View Post
    I did one LFR of the new content, first wing and my queue was not as long as yours but still unusually long for a healer. I ended up in this first wing of LFR for over an hour because of constant wiping due to people standing in stuff, tanks not holding aggro, and low dps. Yes, half the raiders left to be replaced with equally bad or frustrated raiders. I never liked LFR because of the horrid wait times, the lack of player experience, and the constant bickering. For those who like LFR and can make it work for you, kudos to you. As for my dps alt, I dare not queue for LFR and instead will take my alt to timeless isle to get him some upgrades.
    My problem is that it's kinda core to the upgrade path. I can't just bring my ilvl 500 alts to SoO flex, I'm going to need a few pieces either from SoO LFR or, somehow, attain ToT 522s, probably from valor. It's cheaper in 5.4, but I still have to cap it weekly, and that'll take forever to get around the 520s so I can run SoO flex. It SHOULD be faster just to do LFR with all of my Timeless Isle 496s and bam, 520. I've had good luck with the SoO drops on the characters I've cleared it on, but that's the problem right there, the queue doesn't pop anymore, so my alts are stuck in pre-SoO Flex limbo.

So what needs to be changed? More incentive for tanks to queue? Simplified tank mechanics? Double drop chances for tank gear? They added the satchel to LFR and it's done absolutely nothing, probably because the rewards are shit.
    [/url]

People will always leave during LFR that's a given. I assume youre queing as dps? Tank ques can take up to 30 minutes too. Healers have it best for LFR. Honestly thats LFR for you, don't expect too much for it. Id make flexible a priority over LFR because you cant expect stability from LFR

10+ Year Old Account

Another queue that took over an hour 30 minutes (including my original queue time)

Why do I even bother?
    [/url]

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you want to discuss, people can't be fucked with lfr and you complain here why again? Blizz can't force more players to do more lfr you know...
    Actually that's not the issue, LFR is by far the most popular "raiding" option/style/whatever in this game. The issue is that DPS far far far outnumber tanks and healers, so DPS queues take forever and a day.

That said, the longest queue that I've had has been 40~ minutes, maybe I'm just lucky, or you're really unlucky.

I no longer need to run LFR because I have my cloak and the ilvl of gear is below what I already have, plus flex is more fun if I need an easy run. I imagine that there are a large number of people in similar circumstances. The only thing that will save LFR is for Blizzard to make LFR like scenarios, where the role doesn't matter.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Deleted
    With the advent of Flex, most top end raiders have no incentive to queue LFR anymore, bar 1 or 2 OP trinkets that rarely drop.

Add to that, that there's also no legendary items needed in LFR anymore, so again, well geared people have no need to go.

I know personally, I went to LFR with my other half, ilvl 540 her, 560 me, and it was the most torturous experience ever, purely due to the amount of people who use the Timeless gear with no enchants, gems, or understanding.

I (And I am sure that this is a shared view) are much rather farming Flex now on our alts, instead of LFR.

This then leads to an inflated queue timer.

Only thing you can do is nerf LFR's requirements on fights by say, 10%. Because it will only get worse - as a majority of the casual base repeatedly told raiders to 'stay out of lfr', as its made for them. Now you see why this is a stupid sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Actually that's not the issue, LFR is by far the most popular "raiding" option/style/whatever in this game. The issue is that DPS far far far outnumber tanks and healers, so DPS queues take forever and a day.

That said, the longest queue that I've had has been 40~ minutes, maybe I'm just lucky, or you're really unlucky.
    The real problem was created by Blizzard. 25-mans should require 5 tanks, but they don't, they require the same number of tanks as 10-mans.

Do it on Tuesday, the queue gets longer later in the week because less are doing it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post

Or you know, don't queue lfr at the end of the WoW week. Even as a dps you can get in fast at the beginning of the week, if you don't have time then well...sucks to be you. It has been like that forever. You will never find more tanks or healers because outside guild events they get shit when something goes wrong. Which is normal, social pressure almost always goes for the least represented class or irl for the lone wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by superdooper View Post
    The real problem was created by Blizzard. 25-mans should require 5 tanks, but they don't, they require the same number of tanks as 10-mans.
    Not sure if serious. Most tanks already got nothing to do, add more tanks and they will be even more bored. The tanks in guild were falling asleep during the first boss in MSV (or wathever the first raid was). Taunt each so many seconds and sit on ur ass for the rest.

Insted of making tanking interesting they turned them into hybrid tank/dps. Then again, I can't think of a way to go back to real tanking and making it more interesting either.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-09-23 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    My problem is that it's kinda core to the upgrade path. I can't just bring my ilvl 500 alts to SoO flex, I'm going to need a few pieces either from SoO LFR or, somehow, attain ToT 522s, probably from valor. It's cheaper in 5.4, but I still have to cap it weekly, and that'll take forever to get around the 520s so I can run SoO flex. It SHOULD be faster just to do LFR with all of my Timeless Isle 496s and bam, 520. I've had good luck with the SoO drops on the characters I've cleared it on, but that's the problem right there, the queue doesn't pop anymore, so my alts are stuck in pre-SoO Flex limbo.

So what needs to be changed? More incentive for tanks to queue? Simplified tank mechanics? Double drop chances for tank gear? They added the satchel to LFR and it's done absolutely nothing, probably because the rewards are shit.

I dont see why not I walked in with my guild and there were about 5-7 of us with 500 ish lvl and we 1-2 shot every boss in Flex last week.

I would say that the new LFR call to arms was helping, but oh wait, if you have players leave and new players join, you don't get a satchel. I refuse to queue as a healer now, just to spite this stupid bug.

Not sure if serious. Most tanks already got nothing to do, add more tanks and they will be even more bored. The tanks in guild were falling asleep during the first boss in MSV (or wathever the first raid was). Taunt each so many seconds and sit on ur ass for the rest.

Insted of making tanking interesting they turned them into hybrid tank/dps. Then again, I can't think of a way to go back to real tanking and making it more interesting either.
    I thought tanking was pretty okay this expansion actually, and I think making dps a relevant thing for tanks is actually a pretty fun thing.

That said, yeah having 5 tanks in a 25 man wouldn't solve anything, as more often than not you're waiting on tanks to que in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I dont see why not I walked in with my guild and there were about 5-7 of us with 500 ish lvl and we 1-2 shot every boss in Flex last week.
    That's what people expect from pugs on Area 52. If it's that easy though, I could just form my own run with my guildies. idk. Frustrating.gfejkgkejf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    I would say that the new LFR call to arms was helping, but oh wait, if you have players leave and new players join, you don't get a satchel. I refuse to queue as a healer now, just to spite this stupid bug.
    Killing the little tiny bit of incentive CTA had. Wow.
    [/url]