Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How popular is flex raiding?

According to Blizzard "Roughly the same amount of people did a flex raid last week as the number that did scenarios".

OK what does that mean? How many players do scenarios? Some how that kind of suggests to me that there aren't all that many people doing flex raiding. I don't know anyone who does scenarios? I found that response funny and confusing at the same time and certainly not informative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not many people run them.

My guild runs Flex raids now on Tuesdays instead of Guild LFR (as many guildies as possible queuing for LFR) which is just a god send because LFR sucks. I don't know anyone who actively does Scenarios though. I hate them myself. So yeah, the statement kind threw me too.

I do see a number of PUG Flexs in trade every night.
    Last edited by omni; 2013-10-08 at 09:50 PM.

Wonder if they include people who do heroic scenarios in people who do scenarios.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    It does depend on the server. A 'jam packed to the rafters' server is always spamming for flex raid in chat. In lower populated servers though, I never see anyone advertising it, ever. Now, if all the servers had that virtual realm thingy implemented, I think it would be incredibly popular. JMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are popular on my server, alot of them during wekkend evening when most of guilds don't raid as well as near the end of reset. Not to mention open raid events. Overall i think it's one of the better thing blizz add to the game during mop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    well this certainly aint true for the server why i play one.
    lots of flex runs being orginzard every evening.

but i have no trouble believing lower pop servers might have quite a lot of trouble getting a pug for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did not run Flex yet. Will maybe when I will be fully geared with the latest LFR. As for scenario, I do them daily for the valor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with the op with regards people you know doing scenarios, I have around 32 people on my real id and both my realms are over populated (Outland and Dreanor) and I never see people doing scenarios.
    So I know my sample is tiny but how many people do you guys know who honestly do scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    So I know my sample is tiny but how many people do you guys know who honestly do scenarios?
    If we are talking about heroic, ca. 100% of my raid roster.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    If we are talking about heroic, ca. 100% of my raid roster.
    i liked them a lot also. still do.
    very fast queing.
    for a dungeon hc as dps meh cba.
    scenarios is insta que and nice valor reward. and good money for my lock also being an enchanter.

i just dont them anymore since i got only 1 goal in this game now. and that is not grinding valor or making gold.

its Garrosh

I believe that the number of people doing heroic scenarios is quite high. It's one of the fastest ways to top valor.

And Flex raids are perfect to run on my alts, they're way faster and easier than a SoO LFR

flex is very popular on blackrock US and Sargeras US. ill see pugs spamming for them on an hourly basis. everyone wants to get in on them cause they are decently easy and you only need roughly 520 ilvl for 540 gear.. which is a huge jump.

I suspect not too many people run them. However it's hard to tell. But it's also worth noting that if the same number do scenarios as do flex, that means that there aren't many flex runs at all. Figure 3 people per scenario but maybe 12 during flex. Means that for every 4 scenarios there's 1 Flex run. Certainly doesn't seem like very many people to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Flex mode is the best addition to the game in a very, very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Flex mode is the best addition to the game in a very, very long time.
    Agreed. It's what I've wanted for a long time, non faceroll, yet quite puggable raid content.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

flex runs are spammed 24 7 on the server i play on. imo they're definitely bridged a gap between lfr and normals. plus you can do them crossrealm, and openraid.eu is great for that.

on my main we clear flex on friday nights. we invite old raiders and friends and just plough through it while drinking a few beers. it feels like doing ICC 10 on offnights like i did during wotlk. a relaxed social raid. it's relatively easy content that you can pug or bring friends to, without really caring about ilvl or dps.

definitely a positive addition to the game imo.
    Last edited by Ylera; 2013-10-08 at 10:52 PM.

Flex is great!

Deleted
    not very.

Purely on anecdotal evidence, scenarios are not massively popular, far from it. And when you think that a scenario takes 3 people and a flex a lot more.....thats not that many flex raids is it.

But as I say, we have no data, so only going on purely anecdotal "evidence".

Still, More options is always good as long as it does not result in Bliz trying to force people into it, like dailies did....

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flex is very popular, but not visibly so. A lot of the matchmaking is done using LF-esque addons.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)