Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post

such guys are just too bad for PvE. Therefore they search for good/over geared people who carry them through the content. I don't know if this is from US or EU but both armory profiles indicate that my assumption is true. If it is US it is a 510 geared priest who does not even fulfill his own requirements or it is a 547 paladin who did not even set foot into normal raiding and most of his gear is from the treasure chests on timeless isle which isn't very promissing either.

Just ignore such guys and if you can't find a serious flex group just create one yourself. Ilvl 515+ seems to do the trick for at least the first 2 parts.

I don't know how popular it is, but I enjoy it. I co-lead a normal raid twice a week, and so we run flex as an alt run and raiding opportunity for lesser geared guildies on a weekend night and they also seem to like it.

Seems like there's a flex forming about ever 5 min on my server at least, not sure how that helps.

Flex is the best thing ever. Allows me to not do the horror that is LFR to gear my alts

Flex is very popular on my server at least. As for myself, I haven't done a single SoO LFR since Flex was released so...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Ian Hazzikostas says flex raid is as popular as scenarios. And says it as if he takes pride in that. I laughed hard. Nobody does scenarios. Flex raiding must be much less popular than I expected.

(in the video on MMO-champ main page as of 10/08/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    Ian Hazzikostas says flex raid is as popular as scenarios. And says it as if he takes pride in that. I laughed hard. Nobody does scenarios. Flex raiding must be much less popular than I expected.

(in the video on MMO-champ main page as of 10/08/2013)
    Or you could read the last page and see that it's as popular,if not more popular than normal raids.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    From Ghostcrawler's tweets in today's news post:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It's as or more popular than normal and growing. It makes sense that flex could grow to be far more popular than normal.
    So there's that.
    Well, actually I would expect that flex raiding would be more popular than normal and, of course, a whole lot more popular than heroic. Back to flex/normal, they are from the same player group: people who, in general, are in raiding guilds and who can easily organize a group. The question which Blizzard isn't answering at all is whether Flex is reducing the number of players that are doing LFR. In my experience as a healer who runs LFR, I'd say only marginally. I'm still not having any problems getting into LFR raids. The raids sometimes are struggling with certain bosses but the groups are there and I've completed all the wings available each week on all three of my healers.

The other point, I'd like to make is that if any raid option has suffered from the introduction of flex raiding it must definitely be normal. Guilds that have been struggling with normal and which will never get to heroic can run flex now and call it a day for the current raiding dungeons. I'm willing to bet there's a lot of those guilds around (to the extent that they are still around and didn't disband and the players quit playing in Cata.) In the next expansion if they got rid of any raiding level it would probably be normal while keeping LFR, Flex and heroic.

the only reason nowdays to do scenario is for vp. you get better loot form timeless isle. so i wohuld think since teh patch the amount of ppl doing scenarios have decreased.

100% of people that I know with my name love it.

I do Flexi instead of scenarios to cap VP

10% of playerbase, I guess, cuz 10% are doing normals. Anyway, it can't be compared with 90% of players doing LFR.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-10-12 at 02:25 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

My guild does it weekly. We haven't cleared them all since we invite anyone of 500IL to join and some aren't that great but it helps us weed out some of the more newbish for the regular raids. We are actually fairly close to the progression in both.

I've stopped LFR altogether on my main because of it, and that makes me very happy.

Deleted
    Its super popular on my server

our guild runs flex every wednesday and we are full msot of the time

also dalaran is our biggest CRZ and there is no time you dont find a flex raid in dalaran. So i realy like it and i wish personally lfr will go for good

It's very popular from my experience and I think the feature is being received very well by players overall.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders tend to do tons of heroic scenarios due to it being the fastest way of capping valor- my guild generally has the 15/15 scenarios done in the first 2 days of the raid week.

Lower skilled players tend to do lots of normal scenarios due to its ease and the fast que times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    the only reason nowdays to do scenario is for vp. you get better loot form timeless isle. so i wohuld think since teh patch the amount of ppl doing scenarios have decreased.
    Exactly. There was a very brief window where running HS made sense. I'm not sure why anyone bothers with them at this point.

I've only done a couple dozen scenarios over the course of the xpac. The time vs reward is just not there for me. I try to do current tier lfr to get a couple drops and see the very basics of fights. I have done and will probably move to flex only once I get all my 502's replaced. Flex is the best thing they've added and I think it should replace normal raids eventually and make heroic 25 only.

Deleted
    I suspect that at some point, probably sometime during the next expansion, Normals will be going away and Flex will be the new Normal. Then it's just LFR for people who don't know anyone or are only on at weird unpredictable times, Flex for your average raider, and Heroic for your hardcore types.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Flex is very popular, but not visibly so. A lot of the matchmaking is done using LF-esque addons.
    Maybe on lower pop servers but on high and med pop it's spammed in trade and timeless isle daily, places like openraid usually demand higher itlvl for quick runs or 14/14n for achieve runs