Thread: Breaks in raid.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 1/2 hours, 10 minute break approximately as the second flask is falling off (about 2 hours in).

Random aside: you take a shower before raid, and during the break? Just seems strange to me @.@

10+ Year Old Account
    4hr raid 10min break about halfway

10+ Year Old Account
    3 hour raid, 3 days a week and we don't have breaks. People just step out during trash as needed. I'm sure if we hit a boss that took all 3 hours of the night then we would probably have a break during that, but we just hit heroics so we haven't had a boss take more than half a night.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Deleted
    We never raid more than 2h30, so no breaks. I wondr why the four hour format it's so popular in the rest of EU. I suppose it's because you guys dine much sooner than in Spain. There are obvious advantages to thrash and free days obviously, but 4h seems to be for the +25h hours guilds, no the strict 12h ones here.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-10-08 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    We never raid more than 2h30, so no breaks. I wondr why the four hour format it's so popular in the rest of EU. I suppose it's because you guys dine much sooner.
    4 hours is best. Anything under 3 seems like a waste to be able to gather the whole raid for. Anything over 5 is hardcore. Four is a nice balance while also allowing two flasks.

3 hour raid for us, 3x a week. We take 5-10 minutes about halfway or a little more, but don't schedule it. We may not if we're on a roll, or we may call it early if we just aren't feeling a good raiding night.

Deleted
    We raid 2 nights, 3 hours. We have one 12 min break after the first flask runs out (so basically that's 1 hour after the first boss pull).

We raid 3 hours 3 nights a week. Usually take one 5 minute break, which usually occurs after we kill a new boss or if we wipe for like an hour and need to just rethink the strategy. That isn't to say that people don't go AFK randomly during trash. I know I sometimes do, as do the others, for whatever reason. If you need a smoke break or whatever, people just leave during trash and then come back, but we just finish clearing the trash with the whoever is still around, usually at least 8/10 of us are there which is plenty for trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    We raid 2 days, 4 hours one night and 3 hours the next. Our 4 hour night usually has a random 15 minute break about halfway through, and the 3 hour night does not have a break. People take plenty of their own breaks during trash anyway though.

Our guild raids don't have a scheduled break. Taking a break gets decided on spontaneously based on the current situation (just had a few exhausting boss tries; one raidmember needs to anyway to AFK for a few minutes). Then the break is about 7-12 minutes, with exceptions. Last Sunday our raidleader lost internet connection and encountered a long log in queue - resulting in a 25minute break.

tl,dr: spontaneous 10min-breaks

15+ Year Old Account
    Ten minutes, excluding the occasional quick trip to the bathroom or to get a refill on tea.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    4hr / 3 nights, usually a ~10 minuter about half way through if we are in front of a boss, otherwise it's "people who have to go AFK, go AFK while we clear trash" or "BRB piss" after a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually 10-15 minutes. Enough time to get drinks, snacks, bio, or smoke.

5 minutes after every boss.

Our guild has a lot of smokers =/

10+ Year Old Account
    We raid 3 hours x 2 nights/week. We take a 5 minute break that inevitably ends up turning into a 10minute break. 1-2 People usually take bio break or whatever during trash though, which is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    People just randomly AFK to bio if we're running back, we usually raid 4-5h straight, though.
    This is what we do, also a heroic progression guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    4 1/2 hours, 10 minute break approximately as the second flask is falling off (about 2 hours in).

Random aside: you take a shower before raid, and during the break? Just seems strange to me @.@
    its not a full fledged one. kind of a rinse off to keep swamp ass at bay and shitty ac distribution in my place. >_> dont judge me
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

When I raided we had a bio break maybe once every hour and a half/two hours which lasted usually less than ten minutes, and if we didn't have any within the first half of the time of raiding we would take a small break to take a little stretch, get some quick snack or something to drink or the usual break stuff.

Deleted
    3-hour raids. Usually have a break for about 7-8 minutes 2 hours in. Sometimes we have so much fun we forget to take breaks though.

Deleted
    we raid 2-3 times a week, 4 hours, and I usually only announce breaks when circumstances suggest it. I dont tolerate a break for smoking, afaik we have no smokers in our 10 man group so thats fine anyway, and other stuff can be done during trash if they /follow and tell the ones who need to know it. If I notice someone to make excessive use of it, I'll speak to that person.