Thread: Breaks in raid.

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Breaks in raid.

In most organized raids you raid from 3-4 hours a night 3 nights a week. That seems to be the average norm per se. Now sitting there everyone needs to take a break, gotta pee, step outside for a smoke, eat something w/e. SO my question to you all is how long are your breaks? In my old guild when I get home I start to prepare dinner then set my food aside, take a shower, then its raid time. some time after we have been raiding we take a15 min break I go and re heat my dinner and shower off super quick. By the time I get out food is hot and I can eat in peace then its back to raiding. 15 mins is perfect for me, so to the other raiders out there what are your break times?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

7-10 minutes. Usually 7, sometimes 8, rarely 9 or 10 if we'd like ppl to, say, review a strat vid or something but also have time for food / a smoke / bio / etc.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    We do one 5 minute scheduled break, and usually have another when our dk tanks ex-wife shows up to drop off his kids.

Deleted
    10 mins usually.
    although it ends up longer if the locks go AFK for the full 10 mins and we then need to summon people back from wherever they went for gems / enchants / reforges etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    We raid 4 nights per week (at least when we have sufficient available people!), 4 hours each of those night. We don't have a fixed break time, but usually about half way through raid time, or after the first couple of pulls on a new boss, we'll take a 10 minute break.

Personally, I don't feel the need for a break during a raid at all - I'd happily raid 6 or more hours without a break of any kind; bladder of steel ftw. However, most of my guild don't share that view
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    NO BREAKS! Breaks are for the weak, true WoW hardcores have shitbuckets. There is only raiding, god is dead, atheist are dead, there is only PIXELS...

OT: 20 minutes after every hour, raiding is hard on the brains

5 to 10 mins. this is with roughly 3 nights a week, we even do breaks in flex, because people need to smoke use the bathroom etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually 5 minutes planned for my raid group. People can go have a pee, get food or whatever while we run in after a wipe/easy trash, so I guess that adds up to more than 5 minutes.

We take one 5-10 minute scheduled break during our 3-hour raid night, but we run a roster of about 14 for 10m raiding, so people get to take breaks while they sit farm fights they don't need gear from.

10 min, about two hours in.

we raid 2 nights a week for 3½ hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    We raid 4 nights per week (at least when we have sufficient available people!), 4 hours each of those night. We don't have a fixed break time, but usually about half way through raid time, or after the first couple of pulls on a new boss, we'll take a 10 minute break.

Personally, I don't feel the need for a break during a raid at all - I'd happily raid 6 or more hours without a break of any kind; bladder of steel ftw. However, most of my guild don't share that view
    If that's the case you're impressive. I drink alot of water as I raid so half way through I have to drain the dragon like no other even worse after I've been drinking beer for most of the day.

I wonder what Bl and those other guilds breaks are like before they full cleared
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Used to be 10 minutes 2 hours into my raid. 4 hour long raid.

We have one hour of break for sleep/food/bathroom every 24 hours.

We raid 3 hours two nights a week and we have one 10 min break.

10+ Year Old Account
    10mins when we've finished the last attempt before 9pm server time. Get all your shit done before then basically. Then on we go.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

We raid 4 hours with a 15 minute break halfway through,

However people can take QUICK breaks to pee or get a drink and such on trash or after a wipe and they take a res instead of running, it works out as long as everyone doesn't do it on the same trash/wipe

10+ Year Old Account
    5min usually per night, just 1 for about 3 1/2 hours. Also have people go out during trash for enchants and such, or afk breaks while the rest of us clear up to the next boss.

we raid for 3 and a half hours a night 3 times per weer and we take a 10 minute break around 2 hours in

15+ Year Old Account
    3hour raid, we got 2x 5-10 min break
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

People just randomly AFK to bio if we're running back, we usually raid 4-5h straight, though.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"