(pvp) Heroic leap use and gap closing

I'm wondering what is the usage of Heroic leap since charge is also a gap closer. Most warriors I see just use em back to back charging twice and Heroic leaping to keep the gaps closed. Is this how it should be?

Do warriors just charge at any given moment or leap?

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    I'm wondering what is the usage of Heroic leap since charge is also a gap closer. Most warriors I see just use em back to back charging twice and Heroic leaping to keep the gaps closed. Is this how it should be?

Do warriors just charge at any given moment or leap?
    To make life simple, always Charge before you Leap. This way if you use them simultaneously you'll get the Rage from the Charge and the Leap will always deal it's damage. I cringe hard every time I see someone Leap then cancel it midair with a Charge.

Charge also has a much lower Cooldown and can/should be used on CD as a stun or gap closer.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

I find my usage of Heroic Leap to vary a lot depending on what I am doing. Yeah sometimes I find it works well to use it to stay on a target. Other times I can find it a great way to escape from certain situations, especially if you're getting focused.

Some cases I may even leap away to interrupt/intercept and then charge back a few moments later.

Tl;DR use charge to gap close as much as possible. Then use leap if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowflip View Post
    To make life simple, always Charge before you Leap. This way if you use them simultaneously you'll get the Rage from the Charge and the Leap will always deal it's damage. I cringe hard every time I see someone Leap then cancel it midair with a Charge.

Charge also has a much lower Cooldown and can/should be used on CD as a stun or gap closer.
    I don't know why you would double stack your gap closers. The damage from Hleap is negligible.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.