Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Driving myself crazy reforging

Hello MMO-Champs,

I'm absolutely driving myself bonkers reforging my gear trying to find the most optimal setup. I've tried following ShadowCraft...I've tried checking some top Assassination Rogues...but I'm not positive I'm going in the right direction.

I'm currently assassination rocking normal 4 piece tier.

Here is my shadowcraft link: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/us...ace/escapelol/

Using "recommended shadowcraft priority" puts me at:
    8933 haste
    8898 crit
    5474 mastery

This makes me feel like my mastery is awfully low.

Deleted
    getting similar, but mine is going most on haste :S
    Crit 8610
    Expertise 2508
    Haste 10619
    Hit 2558
    Mastery 5820

Bear in mind that looking to top rogues as a standard for your reforging can be a dangerous endeavor. You're only looking at a snapshot of thier current reforges and many change reforging options depending on fight mechanics.
    Shadowcraft doesn't have the capability to sim out the mechanics of different fights but will give you a good baseline and the best bang for your buck as far as reforging goes. Rogue's seem to have the most synergistic (is that even a word?) stats of any class I've played and the wieghts change dramatically with different gear. Unless you want to spend a bunch of time and gold on optimizing your reforges for each encounter, shadowcraft is the best way to go IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merging this thread to another one that's directly relevant. OP, I recommend you read the previous posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything other than mastery is a theoretical gain and I am guessing some players are more comfortable with the guaranteed DPS increase of mastery.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know i gave up on that game 2 weeks after the expansion came out. Seems like every patch that comes out you have to reforge to haste then mastery then crit then go back and forth from all the nerfs. Real players don't use sites for reforging every fight is different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    I don't know i gave up on that game 2 weeks after the expansion came out. Seems like every patch that comes out you have to reforge to haste then mastery then crit then go back and forth from all the nerfs. Real players don't use sites for reforging every fight is different
    This is an extremely uneducated and unhealthy approach to playing a game well. Real players absolutely do use sites, and while reforging for different fights is common amongst the top players (particularly when switching specs), no one who plays seriously does it because they played with X stats on a dummy for 5 minutes and it worked better. How we interpret data, and figuring out whether or not the modeling and simulations are in a place that we can pull meaningful results from them, is what top-end players really do. Even if they aren't "real raids," the results of a well-written simulation profile or modeling profile are far from useless.

If you're interested in more of why, read the first page rather than just posting to relay ignorance of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Real players don't use sites for reforging every fight is different
    Real players do use sites or addons for reforging, but modify them to suit their needs rather than using the default. Manual reforges, while in reality aren't that far behind, are still slightly worse than using a tool.

The Mut. Crit vs Mastery Dilemma

Alright so I've been searching far and wide trying to improve my Assassination dps, and I'm just wondering if you guys have tested the dps increases/decreases by using a Crit > Mastery priority, or Mastery > Crit, and if so, which worked better for you?

Merged to the main assassination stat discussion thread. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-18 at 05:36 PM.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

I just did new sims this morning on my character (535) and got the following back. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uatis/advanced
    Mastery -> Crit -> Haste 156,264
    Crit -> Mastery -> Haste 155,804
    Haste -> Mastery -> Crit 153,993

All I can recommend is that you run a sim yourself and play around. I use Ask Mr. Robot to set my weights then export to SimC.

I did do some testing when I still was playing mostly assassination, but the sample sizes are quite low. For me, even though crit (according to shadowcraft) was better than mastery, I did better with mastery > crit. I assume it's because there isn't too many straight out patchwerk fights out there and mastery gives you a flat damage increase. With t16 2pc crit is nice and definately worth having some, but I didn't find it very practical to focus on.

I've found that a Mastery > Crit > Haste reforge works out best overall, for my gear and playstyle. Right now my stats are roughly 10k mastery 8k crit 8k haste (563 ilvl). 30-35% crit feels like a sweet spot without overkilling it and stacking full crit and feeling gimped.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

This is a great place to be in. As long as all of the secondary stats for your class are pretty close in value, your playstyle will always make the biggest difference.

I'm just not sure how accurate it is because of my iLvl. Ilvl is 509, mostly SoO LFR (2pc) and Timeless gear. It tells me to go Crit for some reason (I'm guessing 2pc).

The reason being is there hasnt been any "hard evidence" of what is best when. All we have to go off is mastery is strong for aoe/cleave and crit is strong bc of 2pc. As for Shadowcraft, I dont think its been upgraded to keepup.(sorry shc team)

I personally went over atleast 50+ top tier rogues trying to figure out what to do, I want to say 60% were running mast > crit > haste, while another 25% were running crit > mast > haste, as the rest ran 1:1:1.

Quote Originally Posted by rewynd View Post
    The reason being is there hasnt been any "hard evidence" of what is best when. All we have to go off is mastery is strong for aoe/cleave and crit is strong bc of 2pc. As for Shadowcraft, I dont think its been upgraded to keepup.(sorry shc team)

I personally went over atleast 50+ top tier rogues trying to figure out what to do, I want to say 60% were running mast > crit > haste, while another 25% were running crit > mast > haste, as the rest ran 1:1:1.
    Both of our rogues are running Mastery > Haste > Crit

Deleted

Assassination Reforging

I read many guides and many reforging threads...
    so far most of the guides go vor mastery > haste > crit

i see many rogues in high-end raiding groups reforging crit > haste > mastery.
    i was thinking about, that this might be the reason of the T16 2 set boni -> seal fate..
    but i dont know exactly, so im kinda confused what to reforge now... i have the T16 2 setboni also

shadowcraft gives me other reforging options than mr. robot... so what is the best way to go?

Merged to the main discussion on this topic; please check to see if it's already being discussed before posting. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-24 at 04:15 PM.

While shadowcraft is generally better than AMR (for one thing, it actually accounts for your current gear), there's already like a zillion threads on this.

The short answer is, under the conditions that shadowcraft assumes, it is correct. That is- a single target boss of around 5 minutes with 35% execute time and full boss uptime. And that can change depending on your gear, but it should also be noted that the values are just so goddamned similar compared to most tiers.

Also try playing with execute time. The default, 35%, is a solid default, but your needs may vary. For instance, maybe your guild has an issue that only happens in execute phase- and if you have the 2 piece, and set execute time to 1, you'll notice that crit is ludicrously dominant. Many progression rogues might be reforging specifically for that, perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

I also want to point out that you can tweak shadowcraft's assumptions for what you are doing, in more ways than just "how much of the fight is execute".

Since this is a thread about Shadowcraft and i don't want to fill the forums with a new forum thread i have a question regarding this addon which hopefully someone has any idea how to solve it.
    prior to patch 5.2 or 5.3 the addon worked great for me.Now with 5.4 live i can't seem to be able to change the gear.Usually when u click on an item your char has it equipped u get a drop down with several items that goes in that slot each marked with EP you gain from them.Well i can't seem to get the drop down at all atm.
    Currently only option for me is to equip an item log out the char then refresh SC.This goes for all page as i can't seem to change gems/enchants anything.Its like i can't interact with anything on the front page except the autogem/autoreforge buttons.
    Did anyone encountered this issue or maybe has an idea how to fix it?

Have you tried clicking on the cog at the top, and 'clear all saved data'? You might also make sure then engine is set to 5.4 in the general settings.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )